My kid broke my wife's tablet...

My kid broke my wife's tablet. It's not that expensive (about £50) but there a lot of stuff on there my wife wants to keep. What's the better option, getting it fixed/fixing it myself, or just getting a new one?

buy the exact same model, then swap the main board, problem solved

It's just the touch screen that's damaged. the back will clip back on

Connect it to a PC via USB cable. You'll be able to download data from there probably.

Plug it in to a PC and back up the stuff

This is why I hate kids and plan to never have one

Accessing the data via USB may still be possible.
Otherwise, make a backup next time.

Connect back the display wire the orange thingy make sure it's locked connect with pc copy every thing and get a replacement for the touchy screen good as new

There's a screen lock that can't be bypassed by just plugging it in (you usually have to select what USB connection you want as well). We have backed most of it up but without the touchscreen we can't do anything with it (The circuits around the black edge have been split)

This will probably we worth a shot, I'm just not sure I have the tech knowhow to do it

Then try to use ADB

just buy a new one letting it repair will cost 50 pounds

new screen costs £7.99. Just found one on amazon

Or a program called Android data recovery or alike

See now that's the type of relevant info to include in the original post

The orange wire it will connect on a thingy see the connector on the board put it and gently push it display will start working. You will be able to see and transfer data or if you can turn it around show the backside I will be able to guide you better

Get a new one. A new kid, I mean.

connect a mouse or keyboard using an OTG USB adaptor and remove lock/set deafult usb mode to enable connection to keyboard

>to enable connection to keyboard
to enable connection to PC

>fixed the typo

How about you teach your fucking kid the value of money. Light his ass up.

nice

Yeah well hopefully the ribbon cable connector on the mobo wasn't damaged when the back was pried off

plug a fucking mouse into it op
you can use that as the touch screen