Is using infinity in mathematics restricting us from advancing? surely aliens can count...

is using infinity in mathematics restricting us from advancing? surely aliens can count. why is it that we feel to small to name big numbers?

Infinity isn't a "big number"

jesus you're fucking stupid.

lek feggaot cannud count to infinity+i

without 0 we wouldn't have infinity
and vice versa.

Infinity is a concept not a number, and it's the basis for most advanced areas of mathematics, you nigger.

double retar

This. Infinity cannot be defined by a single number. It is never-ending. Placing a finite number to it would be impossible and certainly beyond the point. We can count any number possible. Infinity is not a number.

what?

when ?

no such thing as infinity

Yeah, it's not a number, it's a property.
A thing can be infinite, infinite isn't a thing you calculate with, it's a factor that applies to a value or variable or whatnot, not an object you toss trough your operation and work with.

This thread is pure neurotoxin. I had to pay 25 IQ just to be allowed to enter. Sage immedeatly.

>no such thiNg as iNfiNity
3N trinity speaks the truth

how can something infinite exist in a finite universe

pls somebody explain, i'm clinically retarded and only understand math up to basic algebra

you can use it in theoretical equations, like postulations on how long time will go on for. That could be infinite or finite, we dont know.
We also know that our universe is expanding, but we cant see any further than 16 billion light years, and dont know if anything exists "beyond" that. If it has spatial preperties at all perhaps that could be infinite.
So its more conceptual than real in a physical way, but its an important property of reality, if you follow me

like heres an interesting thought. We define time by the ticking of a clock. But if you remove all clocks then you only have what you can observe to show time exists. If you look at particles in space they will move, degrade, attract, repel, interact, etc. Now take away ALL particles from the universe, lets say you are pure conciousness with no body, but are able to observe. So now you have nothing to measure time by. Remove your conciousness from the scenario. There is just universe but no matter. Does time exist? How long would it exist for? You cant measure it, so you might have to start imagining infinity in this weird scenario

>Infinity isn't a "big number"
4 u

so whos proving to me that infinity definitely exists? you cant get to the end of it you cant. you can prove it as much as a christcuck can prove god exists. what if theres always an end and infinity is a failure

What does that sentence even mean you fucking idiot?
Are you asking about the """number""" (I know it's not, thus the three "") not existing? Numbers and mathematics in general is a made-up system of processing data, so of course anything introduced with it doesn't really exist.

how can you have nothing, if you can have everything?
if you can have everything, how can you have nothing?
there's a reason romans didn't have a number for 0, it's nothing.
infinity also does not exist.

>he doesn't enjoy shitposting psuedoscience among other nonsense
come on faggot, where the fuck do you think you are?

ohhh I thought you were high but I see what you mean now. Its poetic.
Infinity exists in the same way having zero quantity is real

i think youre looking for the answer, based on a physical object, that an infinite quantity cannot exist in finite spatial dimensions. Thats true.

But you understand its not used in that way right? its a concept

All stupid questions should go to

sry
I might as well kill myself now.

Give me Tesla's plan now