I'm agnostic and trying to find the true religion...

I'm agnostic and trying to find the true religion. I'm convinced that the Christianity is the religion that bring us the best values, but which dogma is the true in christianity: catholic or protestant?

Other urls found in this thread:

gotquestions.org/how-can-I-be-saved.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is truth that which conforms to reality or that which brings you the most benefit?

Protestant - true to bible

Conforms to reality

Then the statement about Christianity bringing the best values is irrelevant.

Why would you need some bullshit stories to learn good values?

Both have the burning bush, and the talking snake, and Adam & Eve as the genesis of mankind. Or later on, all the walking on water, loaves & fishes, rising from the dead. If you're OK w/ those as "conform to reality", then you can't go wrong either way.

I mean, the true religion brings the best to the humanity, don't you agree?

There is no true religion. It's all bullshit.

No. The true religion would be the one that accurately describes reality.

Orthodox

Because without God the moral is subjective.

Salvation is simple when true to the bible [i.e. sola scriptura -gotquestions.org/how-can-I-be-saved.html

Orthodox, like following the New Testament laws

With God morality is still subjective. Inserting a god changes nothing.

If you really want the purest form of Christianity then protestant is the way to go

God is contradictory. You can be all-knowing, or all-powerful. You can't be both. If you're all-knowing, you know what will happen in the future in 100% certain terms and not be able to change it. If you can't change it, you're not all-powerful. If you're all-powerful, you can make any change you see fit, but you can't know the future for certain for the reason described above. God is not rational.

With God, exists laws that transcends our subjectivity, laws predefined by a good God.

Depends on how you define God. The usual way out of that predicament is to say that God is maximally powerful rather than all-powerful. In other words, that God has all powers which are logically consistent.

Of course, that opens up its own can of worms as to why God is bound by logic.

Neither. Evangelical

>I know that god is objective because my perceptions are subjective
This is what religious people think

Protestant is for fags. All can become a preacher like in all that shitty evangelist church.

Christian have a hierarchy and one fuhrer, the Pope.

>willingly choosing to believe a dogma
>doesn't into philosophy
All jokes aside if you must pick one of the abrahamic religions, you should choose Catholism. All the others are disney-tier at best or blind asceticism at worst

If you're not all powerful then you can't be a God.

Laws would just be subjectively defined by God instead of subjectively defined by humans.

If God said that vanilla was the best flavor, would that be objective fact? Would you be wrong if you liked chocolate?

Thats untrue. God determines morals for you. You dont get to decide what you think is right or wrong

Omnism.
All religions are functions approaching truth.

Couldn't God have the power to change things however he wished, and the perfect knowledge to know ahead of time the exact outcome of the changes he made? He doesn't just know this timeline. He knows an infinite number of possible timelines and gets to choose which one exists.

God is just a label that gets applied to a broad range of concepts. You don't have to acknowledge someone else's definition of God, but they are free to define things however they like.

Why? What makes God right and me wrong?

though agnostic, i almost believe in the 'divine'.

i enjoy reading from the tenets of "Theosophy"

in a nutshell, it is not the study of religious practices, it is an appreciation of "religious teachings" that are not necessarily about G*d, but also includes wisdom from buddhism, paganism, judeo/christianity, etc.

its an appreciation of wisdom and enlightenment from multiple sources and beliefts without religious practices.

>Christian have a hierarchy and one fuhrer, the Pope.
You mean Catholic... and yea, the pope. The guy whos seat is basically a bargaining chip over givemedats. There is a reason Catholics go to Hell, and the pope is only one small piece

>If God said that vanilla was the best flavor, would that be objective fact?
Yes.

>Would you be wrong if you liked chocolate?
Also yes

>catholic or protestant?

kek

there is only one Roman Catholic church and more than 16,000 different protestant denominations.

>and this means that...

Westboro Baptist Church

Why?

God is all powerful but he gave man freedom and won't use all power to supersede everything like some kind of puppeteer

He created you and will ultimately judge you. You exist because He allows you to, and you will cease to exist when He decides its the right time.

We are talking about MORAL. There are things good and others bad. Wtf? Without an objective moral, pedophilia can be normal.

both

God can not be wrong.

>You exist because He allows you to
thank the flying spaghetti monster that gawd will decide when i die, and not the tranny hooker whose cocaine i stole....

The concept of God is that he is right, always.

>not going pagan
stop worshipping desert gods

>He created you
Relevance?
>will ultimately judge you
By what right? I also don't see how this makes the standards God judges by right and my standards wrong.
>You exist because He allows you to, and you will cease to exist when He decides its the right time.
Relevance?

It almost sounds like you are making a might makes right argument, that since God is more powerful whatever he says is objectively correct, which is bizarre.

the truth found in dumb jokes

Because he is God. He is perfection. Religion isnt a logic class, and it isnt open to debate. The Bible doesnt set out to prove anything.

If i were to be religious, id probably be catholic. Catholic women tend to be less crazy (about religion), the practices are more involved, and it tends to feel less like the people are trying to be god and more like people are just trying to worship one. My in-laws are catholic and i grew up in a baptist town; i can swear that catholics are better.

>We are talking about MORAL.
Yes.
> There are things good and others bad.
Under subjective standards of morality, yes.
>Without an objective moral, pedophilia can be normal.
It could be. Under our subjective morality, it is not.

Objective morality does not exist.

Why?

Islam

Sorry, but you cannot simply define God to be correct here.

What about the Buddhists?
I was raised as a Christian so have natural bias towards that.
Plus I live in England, so when ever you drive over a big hill and see a town or village, the first thing you notice is a big beautiful church either at the edge or near the center. With an English flag at its tower.
Always makes me feel like I should be a Christian, that, and I want a crusade to start. I also envy the castle/house look.

You can not question God. In short, God is right, because He did/said it. His word and actions become truth and right.

Ask Satan what happens if you question the Lord

It is not because of the objective moral of the Christianity.

Because He is God

my biggest laugh about gawd..

an act of gawd: horrible earthquakes and fires and floods that kill people are called "acts of gawd"..

then the survivors give thanks to gawd cuz he didnt personally kill them specifically.

so when that fiery earthquake happens and your nana dies in her house fire, and you are in the basement, just tell gawd" "Um... can you stop doing that thing your are doing to me? "

whenever a pro sports athlete wins a pro sport competition, the first thing that negro says is "I wanna give thanks to gawd..."

BUT I have never heard the losing team say: "gawd shone a light beam in my eye, so I dropped the ball due to jeebus "

>He is perfection.
Says who?
>it isnt open to debate.
Clearly it is.
>The Bible doesnt set out to prove anything.
Well the Bible is just a book (or more accurately, a collection of books). It doesn't take actions. People, however, do use the Bible to try to prove things.

Religion is fake, and you're all stupid.

>but muh parents told me that it's right, and I was raised to believe it, so it must be true

Yeah well, they're just people. The bible itself was just thrown together by men, specifically Constantine the Great, from an assortment of books. They were able to pick and choose which books they liked. That's where your stupid religion comes from.

Go ahead and tell me I'm stupid for not believing in sky Jesus. Look at the long history of Christians being wrong about shit.

> The earth is flat!
> The sun goes around the Earth
> Dinosaurs aren't even real
> I'll torture you if you say otherwise

Honestly user

If your gonna follow Christ, be a Catholic.

Global family with roots tomthe historical Jesus.

Admittedly it's too strict, but massive grey areas for all kinds of shit, even cp

>You can not question God.
I'm questioning you.
>In short, God is right, because He did/said it.
Why does that matter?
>His word and actions become truth and right.
Why?
>Ask Satan what happens if you question the Lord
So God can be questioned?
Christianity has no objective morality. It's morality subjective to Christianity (with different denominations disagreeing).
So?

Buddhism enabled nations like China became communist.

>Says who?
Him
>it isnt open to debate.
Its really not. You are just being a smart ass on a website
>Well the Bible is just a book (or more accurately, a collection of books). It doesn't take actions.
The Bible is the word of God. That isnt "proving" anything, because there is nothing to prove. You either believe or you dont.

>Him
So he's right because he says that he's right? That's not an argument.
>You are just being a smart ass on a website
That I am capable of doing so shows that it is indeed open to debate.
>The Bible is the word of God
So some people claim.
>You either believe or you dont.
I don't.

there is such a thing as objective morality, only dumb faggots think otherwise. the bible is a book of great wisdom and jesus was kewl

>Christianity is the religion that bring us the best values
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - In Ezekiel 23:20

Pretty much all (except Buddhists) are controlled by Jews.
Any large powerful group is lightly a target for their vile corruption.
> So any organization where a figure head tells you what to do, feel, think, believe, fight for is going to be a tool of the kike..................................................................

then christianity isn't true.

I don't know mane. I watched bill nye the jewish lie and he told me vanilla was lame and I should go fuck a black dude...... and he dresses like a scientist!

For reliable good old 100% bimillenial bullshit, Catholic.
For weird newish bullshit such as rapture, brought by random weirdo calling himself a minister, Protestant.

You should try shinto.

Yeah, orthodox is the og

I respectfully disagree....
your words sound like... [pic related]

catholic if you want jesus riding a donkey
protestant if you want him to ride a velociraptor

I'm questioning about Christianity, not your atheist delusions. Please if you are not a religious fag, go out.

Catholicism is the original christianity, you sodomite.

the Catholic church was created by Peter, and was populated by people who actually saw and heard Jesus when he was still alive...

Protestants came into existence literally 1500 years later.

Score another 1 for the 1 true Christian church, you sodomites.

catholic with a small 'c' means: "universal"

what you hate about catholic church is the actions of specific individual men of bad faith.

Catholic church is THE ORIGINAL
and the UK Church of England (COE) is a grotesque mockery of Catholicism

god told Adam and Eve not to eat from the tree of good and evil, but because they hadn’t eaten from it yet, they did not know the difference between what is good or evil, therefore they did not know that they were disobeying god when they ate from the tree

So yea, the Abrahamic origin of sin makes sense

All organised religion is fucking bullshit. I'm amazed we're still having this conversation in this day and age.

Studies have shown that the average atheist knows more about religion in general than the average theist.

Catholic or bust bruh. Everything else is a joke.

how does that matter? if morals are objective,then god's opinion doesn't matter, as they are independent from opinion. if they are subjective, then i can make my own morals.

>and the UK Church of England (COE) is a grotesque mockery of Catholicism

and it was born because some King of UK was willing to divorce Anne Boleyn and the Catholic Church told him that even kings have to follow God's laws

Christianity is wrong, except Ezekiel 23:20

So how many of his wives did he murder just so he could have his way? Was it 5 or 6?
Not a good look for a man founding his own religion but the Brits always were prone to being different.

>average atheist knows more about religion TALKING POINTS for arguments sake...

FTFY.

its just like I know a ton of talking points about and against mormonism and islam, but the truth is, I hardly no shit about either of those except some very specific and good talking points against those true Infidels.

talking points does NOT equal strong knowledge, but I still wield those talking points as a mighty sledge hammer, you sodomites

is that the one Samuel Jackson keeps quoting in Pulp Fiction. Ya that is a good one, and a quite a tasty burger

No, the studies in question just test general knowledge, not 'talking points' that are used against particular religions.

god is faggot

talking points ARE general knowledge, by their very definition, you sodomite

yes worship forest gods

with the hundreds of religions out there, which is the correct religion, and why are the other religions wrong?

I bet an atheist couldnt name the "Stations of the Cross" , or what the holy sacraments are without googling it

That quote doesn't exist, Ezekiel 23:20 is a bit different.

Then why don't faggots reproduce?

But pieces of general knowledge frequently don't make for good talking points.

>that is the very definition of the word: "FAITH"
thats why all the answers are correct

some do. why do heteros keep producing homos?