Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/xlutpvpa
55chan.org/mu/src/1504312334583.ogg
clyp.it/0f5zw3aa
youtube.com/watch?v=tZ9RD4FkRgA
youtube.com/watch?v=0FB6SSqaZtE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ain't it about time this general gives up the ghost?

clyp.it/xlutpvpa

Ghost is Scooby Doo music and the riffs aren't even good

I have all Ghost albums because I wanted to examine their production values and song structures. Even though I don't like the band that much at all their songs are very well crafted. However some of their stuff reminds of Abba quite a bit, they use similar structures and shit. Every song is crafted for one purpose: having easy hooks so mainstream likes them.

>their stuff reminds of Abba quite a bit
lmao they really do have that sound, never made that connection before

And having hooks in metal can work really well, it can be done without radio-tier vocal melodies

It took a while to realize that but it's funny. I'm pretty sure they have done that Abba connection on purpose. I bet they have studied their songs a lot because they were hugely successful and Swedish as well.

oi, user

I always laugh when I see some dumb shit buy a cheap guitar and immediately start "upgrading" it. They usually start by asking for replacement pickup suggestions. It's like why, you dumb fuck? Why did you buy a guitar you didn't think sounded good to begin with? I'll tell you why: because you don't know what the fuck you're doing and you have no clue what the fuck you're after. You bought some retarded piece of shit because of how it looked in a picture on the internet and then when you got it home and actually played it ..it sounded and played like straight up ass. So you started "upgrading" it instead of admitting to yourself that you don't know shit and made a mistake, or that the guitars construction was so shitty that you didn't have any other choice but to "upgrade" it to make it a playable instrument. Here's the thing though: you could have just saved all the time and money you sank/wasted into "upgrading" a piece of shit and just bought a decent guitar to begin with. You bedroom warriors are a hilarious lot, watching you flail about trying to polish turds into diamonds. If a diamond is what you wanted why didn't you just go out and buy a diamond to begin with?

Because you're fucking stupid, that's why.

mixed the drums in
clyp.it/0f5zw3aa

GOOD JOB SAMUEL

thanks user

fuck just realized this isnt the current thread yeat

Still looking for suggestions on new guitars.

I play a lot of Built to Spill, Coheed, & Brand New recently. Currently playin a DiPinto Mach IV (older version). Looking to potentially buy a new guitar to better fit the sound I'm going for. Whammy bar appreciated.

Pic related, exact model of my guitar, except different paint job.

Was the second tabber really retarded at transcription or did he intentionally make a tab that was harder to play?

I'm just fucking around, I've never clicked on anything you've ever posted. I've never clicked on anything ever posted in /gg/.
I laughed my ass off when a quarter of the thread disappeared.

Idiots corralling idiots, what a beautiful shitshow.

What's that from? Sounds nice

youtube.com/watch?v=tZ9RD4FkRgA

>I play a lot of Built to Spill, Coheed, & Brand New

I'd suggest you buy a gun or some strong rope and kill yourself. Rope might be a problem because of your neckbeard though.

Post pics when you decide.

id guessed

>implying that's all i play
regardless nice bait, i bit.

Don't take it personal or anything. I just keep this tab open and evacuate my guitar related bowels when I get bored.

id guessed

No, I'm sure you play all kinds of shit music.

I'm glad we have an understanding ;^)

looks like it'd fit perfectly in my ant farm

Wrong one lol. Thoughts?

>/gg/
>thinking thoughts
kek

i dig it, never understood the appeal of fretless guitars though.

>9
Its a beautiful bass that you can impress your bitch in bed while you fuck her

>Its a beautiful bass that you can impress your bitch in bed while you fuck her

is this the new thread already

god damn those are some thin looking strings if that's the case. do not want

alright so we're in this thread now

been lurking for about a week now and I think I'm ready to let gg rate my extensive guitar collection

That's just the photo that's making them look thin. The page on it shows the strings and they are normal size.

>Adam Levine.gif
you homo user?

Definitely the first time I have seen this image, and definitely not Roman reposting gear
10/10

It wont work roman

What's it like having no taste? I mean if you like them and you like playing them, then I'm happy for you, but jeez.

(You)

Why is /gg/ always so toxic, just enjoy us all sharing a common hobby and have a friendly conversation for once.

IS THERE A REASON FOR MORE THAN ONE GUITAR??!?! OR IS THIS JUST SOME SORT OF WEIRD GUITAR COLLECTING FETISH THAT I DON'T KNOW ABOUT

>mfw /gg/ replies anyway

pickup configuration, type of bridge, body construction, the list goes on and on you stupid pleb.

Different tones from different guitars / pickup types.

I know I'm a pleb, but I thought guitar playing was a sort of one size fits all type thing. You're telling me different body types, bridge, make a difference?

I'm an amateur guitar player. I've got a decent grasp on it all, but for my own life, I can't sing and play simultaneously. I've tried all sorts of practice routines, like playing very slowly, making very simple strumming patterns and syncing my voice, etc., but nothing seems to help.

Anyone else have trouble with this? Any insight...? I realize that I am simply not a very coordinated person, but I am determined.

fuck off roman

>You're telling me different body types, bridge, make a difference?
fuck I wish paul poster was still here

just do it anyway sloppily

I have 3 epiphone les pauls and a gibson les paul special; please kill me ;_;
Oh, I haven't played guitar in over 10 years too.

Just keep practicing.

i can't for the life of me strum fast. how do i build up my speed?

that is one ugly bass

practice

Of course. But this has been a real hurdle for me. Haven't made any progress for as long as I've played. I've been playing for about a year now. Maybe I just need to play in a group. I know that eventually I'll get it, but jesus, I feel like a fucking retard, or like there is something very simple that everyone else knows and I don't understand. :(

Thanks. Many other people seem to love it.

>Anyone else have trouble with this?

user this is /gg/ - guitar general, not /slab/ - singing like a bitch general.

any specific techniques or exercises to help with that?

Just keep doing what you need help with.

furiously chocking your chicken multiple times a day will help user

Playing and singing at the same time is hard for everyone, even famous rockstars, you just practice until you get it. It helps if you can play the song with your eyes closed.

>Playing and singing at the same time is hard for everyone
[citation needed]
this is the kind of retarded shit people who aren't naturally talented have to tell themselves

>natural talent

No such thing. Some people pick things up quicker but that's it. No one is born good at shit.

So you're saying that right after you learned to play a note, you automatically stopped looking at your fingers and sang? I call bullshit on this on.

looking for suggestions for a good overdrive pedal

never bonded well with one but I recently got a fender amp and think one would prove useful

been looking at ts9, klon, sd-1, and bb preamp

need something that will stack well with other dirts and fuzz and be at least decent on its own through a fender amp

suggestions?

Wanna find out?

>tfw you will never play guitar again
fuck...

soul food

worst nightmare right there, wtf happened?

I know a lot of people like the ocd but I did in fact have one and didn't like it much

Learn to play opposite handed. You can hold a pick with that nub

fuck user i'm sorry

i second

tripped with a power saw
that could work... but it'd never be the same

>Some people pick things up quicker
>No such thing
bullshit. there's a such thing a aptitude and natural inclination. relentlessly trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole is something retards waste their time doing. no one is born good at that shit? wrong. but whatever you need to tell yourself so you can justify all the difficultly you constantly struggle with
yep, pretty much. I just have to laugh at the fact that you think this is strange. all that means is you're not cut out for this in any way shape or form

i never had an issue playing and singing at the same time. Came natural to me.

Dude, I'm so sorry. I hope you're feeling well.

Do you have any that you like better? I always love trying new overdrives.
The only other ones I have at the moment are an OD808 and a fet driver; the OCD has been my favorite for a long time.

hi

yep me too. like I said I just have to laugh at anyone trying to force something that was never in them to begin with. obviously someone can try but ultimately they're just wasting their time

Henlo

hey

Brasil Brasil Brasil

Inspiration, maybe?

ive had a lot In life but have none currently

ive had a number of tubescreamers, but never a ts9. I like the maxon od808 but it was a bit too thin

ive had an sd-1 and various more specific types

I have an orange amp so I use that for that stuff and I have a super hard on but it really is just boost

it would be nice to have a good stacking pedal that also gives the fender a drive option at low volumes

also I have an old ds1, definitely like that. great fucking pedal

been most curious about ts9 and klon

>hello there fellow young rockers!
>we all know rap isn't real music!
>upvote if you agree!

Joe Satriani 2037 Tour

>been most curious about ts9 and klon

...then go try 'em out, you dumb little turd. What the fuck are you even asking us for? Are we supposed to decide for you or some shit?

Go buy a $2000 Klon. There, done. Now shut the fuck up.

just opinions douche

Nobody here has ever played through a Klon, dumbass. They can't have an opinion on it.

Does anyone know if this sound is achievable on bass guitar?
youtube.com/watch?v=0FB6SSqaZtE

which fucking sound? it has has several

Not the dude you're replying to but I hate it and I bet they just tell you they love it to save your temperamental little ego.

well obviously the bassline that starts around 1:10

Everyone has different opinions.

>we all know rap isn't real music!
But it's true, though.

Yes