What does the Democratic party have to do to win back the vote of the working man?

What does the Democratic party have to do to win back the vote of the working man?

Other urls found in this thread:

pewhispanic.org/2015/11/19/more-mexicans-leaving-than-coming-to-the-u-s/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Try being less gay.

stop being complete elitist cunts would be a good starting point

Stop blaming whites for everything would be a start. All's calm down on taxes. Fucking 27% of my money goes to some other asshole

Stop taking their money. Show respect for all people. Don't talk down to the working class. Honor the entire Constitution. End Identity politics and focus on unity. In general, move towards the middle a little.

Would you support a tax cut for the middle class and tax hikes on the ultra-wealthy? Otherwise, I don't see how we can ever hope to pay off our massive debt

Stop using identity politics.

But Clinton ran as a centrist candidate and lost. You're saying if we ran someone to the right of Clinton, dems would stand a better chance?

When the "working man" realizes that making the rich richer AT HIS OWN HIS EXPENSE is fucking retarded.

Clinton as a centrist. Okay...

Stop trying to cuck us to pay for the Welfare abusers, illegals, and foreign interests.
And for fucks sake, respect the flag and what it stands for.

>Against single payer healthcare
>Against universal college tuition
>Against making the min. wage a livable wage and chaining it to inflation
>For open-trade borders
>For deregulation of Wall Street
>Pro-NAFTA
>Voted for the Iraq war
>Voted for the Patriot act

In case you didn't see the pattern here, Clinton's voting record is largely the same as most Republicans. You're damn right she was a centrist neoliberal.

when the working man realizes that he believes in failed narratives from fantasyland

politics and the policy you support is an expression of your morals and identity. What you want is impossible.

Guilt by association is a shitty line of thinking, though.

Perhaps you've got a point on the other stuff, but...

>Respect the flag and what it stands for.

You realize you're getting your panties all in a bunch over a piece of cloth and a special song that you hear (maybe) once every other month, right? Let the nogs sit or stand or do hula hoops or whatever. It doesn't affect you or me either way.

See. There’s no point in using facts with these people. Liberal = communist to them and Hillary as far as they are concerned, despite how retarded it is, is a red. American has been anti-union for a long time now and gets more so every year. They were never gonna keep the “working man”.

Send Hillary and gang to jail, and get rid of all the swamp talking heads like Schumer, Pelosi etc.

>a piece of cloth and a special song
ah yes proving user's point

Dems are the party of niggers, communists, fags, and dick choppers. Your entire coalition of voters hates America and each other.

Dry up and blow away.

Not throw out Bernie again.
Seriously, I fucking hate most of his supporters but I love his polices.

Well meme'd sir

>respect the flag and what it stands for.

Jesus Christ user, how do you take yourself seriously.

>implying the vote of the working man matters at all

This is why you are going extinct.

I know a fuck ton of people who voted for Bernie in the primary and then didn't vote in the general after the DNC screwed him. It's like the DNC is actively trying to lose elections around the country

You mean catering to niggers, illegals, trannies, and pushing Hillary Clinton is no longer a winning strategy?

Get rid of whites.

I somewhat liked bernie, never had any thought of voting for clinton though.

They can’t. Labor values are different than progressive values. They used to be entwined because of collective bargaining. With unions and labor rights waaaaay out of sync with social justice to the point that they are anti-affirmative action and labor equality it’s hard to fit it into a progressive liberal agenda. We need a dedicated labor party and a dedicated liberal Democrat party like England.

Do you actually believe this?

So how do you propose to win elections without going after the vote of 90% of the population?

I don't disagree, but the chance of getting a large third party movement in the US is slim to none. They don't even let you debate unless you can get 15% of the vote right off the bat. Both parties are controlled by corporations, and the corporations DO NOT want a third party movement.

Saw a similar reaction. Those that voted clinton did it grudgingly. The turnout compared to Obama 12 was way less, and that was way less than Obama 08. She didn't get any one excited other than trans-nigger-pavement-kins.

Bill Maher had a pretty decent skit about "city mice" and "country mice." Sums up the issues pretty nicely. The people in the cities and the people in the boonies have two different ideals. The blues just can't compete out there. That's why they (mostly) dominate in highly populated areas, as opposed to the lightly populated rural areas.

The local bubble of leftists that constitutes your known political world has convinced you there are 300million people just like you that hate America and what it stands for, while you simultaneously believe those who think like you are the only ones fit to rule.

You are alone in an ocean of red.

He will not divide us?

Nope. Only 2 parties allowed. That's apparently the rule.

Jesus Almighty Christ. If this doesn't push otherwise bleeding heart libs to the reds, I don't know what will.

>The people in the cities and the people in the boonies have two different ideals

I disagree. I think the goals of middle class people, whether in the city or in the country, are largely the same. Livable wages, good healthcare, having enough saved away to send their kids to college.

The real divide is between the working 90% and the ultra-wealthy 1%. Maher loves to frame it as "country vs city" to bolster his ratings, but the truth is that working class people no matter where they live share common goals.

I did.

It used to be the Dems (Conservatives), the Reps (Liberals), and the Whigs back in the day. Not entirely sure what happened with that, though.

Whig presidents kept dying in their first terms. Shame... a successful Whig presidency would have likely made the Civil War unnecessary.

somehow they seemed more elitist and corporate owned and corrupt than actual corporate owners of the actual elite ruling class.

Stop aligning itself with anti white niggers like BLM and mentally ill trannies.

I’m a liberal democrat and voted for HRC. I support Daca, unions, pro choice, progressive taxes, public schools, the ACA and climate change prevention.

Republicans are more broken, which is they can’t get shit done. You got libertarians (no regulations, pro drugs, anti government, pro choice, pro gun), cultural republicans ( pro life, anti lgbt, but left leaning economically) and economic republicans (low regulations and taxes).

>You don't revere the flag or our troops as much as I do, so you must be a leftist
>insert kneejerk echo chamber bullshit

I'm not entirely sure about that. It always seems (emphasis on seems) that the reds are always talking about taking things away from the working class (wages, tax breaks, tuition rates, etc.) while the blues are trying to make it better. I'm not sure how free (taxpayer funded) college could be a bad thing. It used to be a reality a long time ago (See: University of California.) But the reds always frame it as "those people" taking your hard earned money away.

I agree. If you live in a country and reap the benefits of living in that country you should at very least be respectful of that nation's symbol.
It's easy to say "bix nood imma kneel we waz kangz fuh duh flag n sheeyit" when you've been protected by the nation's fruits for as long as you've existed.
It's equally fascinating to see people respond to your support of the flag in such a passé way. "Who carez n sheeyit we ain't affected muh welfare", yet those very same people find solace and the ability to pursue their dreams of shitposting due to the gubberments they are so blasé towards.
Chimps, man.

Ask Dennis Kucinich

>Clinton ran as a centrist candidate

Calling Hillary a centrist carries as much weight as calling Trump a centrist.

> free

Eh, yeah. She spent way too much time having special events with rich celebrities like chloe refrigerator. How does that inspire anyone to vote for her? What a joke.

if you have no issue with a 5 year old white boy being able to choose 1 (or more) of a list of 837 genders but shame him for wanting to be the black panther for halloween then there is something very very wrong with you.

It’s cuz of the electoral college. It makes delegate votes all or nothing so you naturally end up with a 2 party system of mass coalitions. Traditionally Labor is under the dem tent but with the latest identity politics making the parties fall on urban/rural lines instead of liberal/conservative lines, the rural decay has bred extreme isolationism and nationalism. The “alt-right” is just Labor in the red. If we broke away from all-or-none stakes and removed localalized sentiment distribution there would be plenty of space for elite conservative and Democrat morality parties cutting deals with labor plebeians for coalition building.

see
Clinton is absolutely a centrist when her record is compared to someone like Sanders or Warren. She frequently aligns herself with Republican ideals and goes against the progressive wing of the party in an effort to appeal to "both sides"

Unfortunately, when voters are presented with a Republican and someone pretending to be a Republican, they tend to go with the Republican.

>(taxpayer funded)

Maybe if they could stop being so fucking wrong about everything...

You act as if people who support universal healthcare and college tuition don't realize it'll be paid for with tax dollars.

Unlike using taxes to build a southern border wall, though, you get a return on investment with universal college tuition, because people then go on to pay a shit ton in taxes back into the system with their higher paying jobs.

I agree with what you say. But I also agree in full freedom of speech. That evil Kansas church certainly should be able to spout whatever hate they want. We just don't have to listen to it.

Yeah I can back what you say.
I dont think there should be a law against anything, just think it's funny how the words fly the way they do.

>win back the vote of the working man?

apparently they have to:
>disrespect our vets
>never take the blame for doing wrong
>lie about everything
>actively put down anyone who's not a white christian
>fail to pass anything they complained about for 8 years

You know the saddest thing about Hillary? She would have been one of the best Republican presidents and definitely the first woman pres, if only she affiliated with the party where her real conscious lies.

Too bad she let herself be bought and paid for by globalist billionaires with uniquely anti American agendas.

Go on.

> baristas believe this

That train left the station

SHOTS
FUCKING
FIRED

If you believe universal college tuition isn't a return on investment, but building a gigantic southern border wall is, you might be a gigantic retard

stop posting on Sup Forums

Hey, now. That's not nice. They prefer the term "Republican."

Samefag maximus

1. stop it with the gun grabbing retarded bullshit
2. stop it with the identity "look at me im 13 different genders!!!" pants on head retarded shit
3. yeah stop trying to make new anit gun laws
4. start doing things for the working class rather then give insurance companies free regin to assfuck us
5. yeah late term abortions are not a good thing to support and lost hillary a lot of votes.
6. did i mention gun control yet? because you guys should really stop trying to screw over gun owners
7. actually give the middle class a fucking tax cut holy god damn shitballs. im paying %30 fucking of my money in taxes while some rich faggot asshole CEO runs a compnay that pays an effective tax rate of 8% on the money they dont hide in a swiss bank account
8. its been proven time and time again that rich dickbags getting a tax cut dose fuckall for the working class. tax the ever living piss out of any income over $1,000,000.
9. STOP...... TRYING...... TO..... PASS...... GUN...... CONTROL...... LAWS.......
10.. no really. no more gun control laws.

Border wall, or just letting border control do their jobs (Obama had them on stand down), will cut the multi billion dollar social services bleed.

Having a few million more un/under employed liberal arts grads will only exacerbate the existing problems.

...and now TWO of us know you're an idiot, congratulations!

If you're paying 30%, you're either fucking loaded and you deserve to pay that much, or you need a new tax guy. Holy shit.

I don't know... There were a hell of a lot of sectional issues that I don't think any President could have ironed out, Whig or Democrat.

1. A border wall won't even stop illegal immigration. You can't build a wall on the entirety of the southern border, due to terrain. There will always be gaps

2. Illegal immigrants aren't the cause of the majority of social spending in the US. There are plenty of legal citizens using social services

3. Many illegal immigrants contribute to the US economy because they are willing to work long hours for shit wages

4. More Mexicans are leaving the US than coming in

pewhispanic.org/2015/11/19/more-mexicans-leaving-than-coming-to-the-u-s/

I don't know...apparently outlaw abortions and birth control, and hate minorities.

There r already 2 many ppl going 2 college getting useless degrees, what the western world at large requires is more ppl to go to technical schools and become electricians, plumbers etc but instead they go off to college unnecessarily because it's been drilled into ppl's heads and over-glamourized for the last few generations.

im paying %27 (ish)

though i do get some of that back in a tax return.

i guess my effective rate is closer to %25.

But %25 of my income means a lot more to my family then %75 of the income of the CEO of the company i work for.

So why is a boarder wall an ok thing and not racist when mexico dose it?

also how about the US starts treating illegal immigrants like mexico treats theirs? it cant be racist if mexico dose it!

As for gun control, I don't think shit needs to be prohibited apart from you know, explosives and incendiary shit. But there should be mandatory background checks, I mean it's fucking retarded that there are states that don't.

>Go to Walmart
>Fill out paperwork for RPK
>Wait 2 weeks and maybe a psych screening would be good
>Boom, no pun intended

Most people don't go to school for gender studies, believe it or not. The most common degrees are:

1. Business administration & management
2. Psychology
3. Biology
4. Nursing
5. Teaching and professional development

I bet you're one of those "guns don't kill people" people. OK, sure, you're right. If you lay a gun on a table, it won't move, as it is an inanimate object, a tool, to be specific. However, that tool, the gun, is the go to tool of killers everywhere. Now, tell me, why should there be less restrictions on guns when I know that, in the awful event that you or I should be murdered, it will be at the hands of a but with a gun?

Moar like what does grandma have to do to get her meds

Politics is for old people, I assume you are just after free shit or fantasize about being geriatric

Yeah, hire a tax guy. You shouldn't be paying that much unless you're a contracted.

see now most sane people will agree there.

However the issue lies in that the people pushing those laws write them in such a way as to make a registry.

And history shows us that when it comes to guns registration leads to confiscation.

so fuck off with that bullshit.

You say this as if restrictions on guns would actually keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

I agree that politics attracts a certain kind of person; generally people who are in it for the power and money, not to make the world a better place

However, you also have people like Sanders, who are generally in it for the betterment of mankind, not just to sell out to big money donors as soon as they get into office

Dose being murdered with a gun make you more deader then being murdered with a baseball bat?

because there are a great number of things more likely to be used murdering you then a gun.

Didn't see it that way with a registry; and now I'm conflicted on the sane point of background checks.

I agree with absolutely all of those points, but a good old fashion wall, possibly visible from space, is a vastly better expenditure of public funds, even as just a bit of symbolism, than a single extra dollar being spent on remedial hemp basket weaving 101 or subsidized high deductible calamity INSURANCE (note insurance. In-fucking-surance. Not "healthcare")

Even if healthcare is a right(debatable), health insurance can never be.

we should just nuke mexico

Legalize medical Schwarma

While you're correct, a person with a gun is better equipped to end my life (and the lives of those around me) quickly and effectively. If I were to be battered, there may be a chance that I'd be able to be saved. Someone could stop the batterer, or the guy could get tired and quit without finishing the job.

Being honest, I just use guns for hunting, and shooting for fun.
So.

Machetes are pretty effective too. I recommend you get yourself a gun.

I think everyone has the right to not die because they can't afford to purchase healthcare.

The current price-gouging system we have now prioritizes those with the most money to spend; whereas a single payer system prioritizes people who are in the most immediate need of operations. People who need cosmetic procedures are at the very end of the wait list.

You sound like you need to take a taxpayer funded basket weaving class at your local college.