I like everything except for country and rap

>I like everything except for country and rap

I don't understand, why is this such a universal opinion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=36lzxfEW6Mk
youtube.com/watch?v=Ni8KBhnebwE
youtube.com/watch?v=RKeqXyY-9xA
youtube.com/watch?v=1vrEljMfXYo
youtube.com/watch?v=SYUgGs9IStY
youtu.be/f-vpAn15-vE
youtube.com/watch?v=wawYQG8E3es
youtube.com/watch?v=OuipxDzvmvs
youtube.com/watch?v=zaySXqQCSJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=OmOe27SJ3Yc
youtube.com/watch?v=mMvjhc8SiNg
youtube.com/watch?v=usIK8PP3kAM
youtube.com/watch?v=vHJ3jhg-pdg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

country and rap are two of the worst major genres

It's only a universal opinion if you're used to talking to boring plebs

rap is alright but I don't think anybody likes country

If no one liked it, it wouldn't exist.

low key hatred of "white trash" and "niggers". that statement is the unironic pinnacle of micro aggression.

>What is rock

Country is really just trashy folk. It can be done well by artists like Sturgill Simpson and John Denver, but they are relatively shallow.

ok

What does that have to do with no one liking it?

better than both

Sure, buddy

Never heard anyone over the age of 15 say that besides a couple of painfully normal people who only listen to Die Antwoord and NOFX

I replied to the wrong post

no one like niggers
that´s a fact

alright, pal

I'm not interested in your self summary, user.

both are for normies and peasants

this

i think people mainly hate the subcultures associated with them. theyre the two genres mostly immediately marketed to specific subcultures in the mainstream sphere and most people hate the listeners more than the music. mainstream rap and country also tend to be extremely shallow and rooted in cliche. no more so and probably even less than rock, but rock is generally accessible.

What if I like jazz made by blacks and sludge metal made by white trash?

a universal opinion is that ilya sucks

this post makes sense

>Fat single woman with children
ALMOST worthy of pity, but her choices lead her there

>Looking for something real
Low key admission all she wants is a meal ticket

because black rappers uses "nigga" word and i can't use it legally as normal human being

Does anyone legitimately like country? Its by far the worst genre of music. If you like the singing, you're usually into Folk Americana. If you like the instrumentals, there is usually some sort of rock equivalent with better and more well-developed stuff.

Country basically describes a very specific form of rock pop akin to if top 40 was a genre.

They're both niche pop music
If you're not from the american south or black it makes plenty of sense
Hip-hop has been moving out of it's niche but still

There's some great old school country out there. I love Johnny Cash but I'm also from Arkansas so it's kind of a requirement

>Country basically describes a very specific form of rock pop akin to if top 40 was a genre.
what fucking planet do you live on where country isn't blues based acoustic american folk music sometimes mixed with rock from the south or southwest
Townes Van Zandt, Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Marty Robbins, Willie Nelson, and all

>where country isn't blues based acoustic american folk music
because in my country, we just call that american folk music

american folk music encompasses native american music, blues, gospel, harp music, traditional jazz, and a bunch of other weird stuff like bluegrass and hill country yodeling
country is a single specific regional folk genre from the USA
country is focused around ballads, like most folk music, but moreso on ballads about a specific period of time, the old west (mid to late 19th century, early 20th), with murder ballads about outlaws and blues standards mixed with more modern themes relating to the area it's from
slide guitar, steel string guitar, fiddle maybe, banjo if you like for instruments

You just did

>niche pop music

Do you listen to any rap or country not on the radio? Of course everything on the radio is going to be considered Pop.

>Rap
>Popular
There's a lot of rap that doesn't qualify as Pop

youtube.com/watch?v=36lzxfEW6Mk

>country is the worst genre
try some of this:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ni8KBhnebwE
youtube.com/watch?v=RKeqXyY-9xA
youtube.com/watch?v=1vrEljMfXYo
youtube.com/watch?v=SYUgGs9IStY
Plus there's lots of great stuff by Johnny Cash, and I would also recommend trying out bluegrass

Jazz is usually made by black people that aren't the neatly cut stereotype of niggers.

Spending time on learning and playing an instrument doesn't give you enough time to be a full-time thug.

>any of those
>good

It's not. Normies just think it is because their idea of 'everything' basically consists of pop and rock.

I like it mixed in with other genres. Cowpunk and Rockabilly for instance are great fun.

Most people are racist and don't know it

You can't be racists against Whites, so that doesn't explain the country hate

They are the hardest genres to understand.

Everyone is told that classic rock is good so very few people will dislike it. People are generally told that rap is talentless crap and the "country sucks" circlejerk has been going on for a while. If tomorrow people decided to stop caring about everyone else's opinions more people would be neutral towards rap and country.

>You can't be racists against Whites
Wat?

both have a grating aesthetic and the stuff on the radio is total commercial shite

Listening to country makes people think you're white trash, and listening to rap makes people think you're trying to be black

Found a nigger

Folk>country
Rap>R&B

Calling police now, wipe your hard drive or get fucked in jail

Not all black people are niggers

Imagine being this guy

I love folk but I absolutely hate country. I'm pretty indifferent to rap as a whole.
The reason those two genres are the most universally disliked by people who think they have taste is probably because they're mainstream music, but are often not as catch as regular pop songs are. It's pretty easy for somebody who dislikes pop music to still enjoy a few pop songs just because it's hard not to enjoy the rhythm unless you're a turbo autist. But country and rap music aren't often too catchy.

>country
Too white for pseuds..
>rep
Too black for pseuds.

Rap is massively over saturated and overhyped, a decent chunk of country is basically whiny cowboy wannabes.

I have heard a few ok and even good songs, but find most rather unpleasant.

fuck yeah jerry reed RIP

>i like everything except country and rap

it's just how a normie says

>i don't like anything except the same buttrock i've been listening to since i was a kid and top 40

I like this song, what else should I check out that sounds like it?

youtu.be/f-vpAn15-vE

Reminds me oddly of the Violent Femmes.

Worst and trashiest of white culture

Worst and trashiest of black culture

Not hard to understand if you're not a faggot like Chuck Klosterman

I've literally heard dozens of people voice this inane opinion.

anyone who says this just hasn't explored the genres enough.

I thought this when i was like 16. then I found good hip hop and good country.

for all of you reading this who genuinely thinks this, just look past the new, popular, overproduced shit. don't discredit entire genres because of the literal feces that rises to the top.

A lot of idiots forget what the word means and just think about all the times white people were dicks.

Just like the FemNazi can be appalling in insisting you cant be sexist towards men.

If 8 out of ten slices of pizza seem shitty, I think saying fuck that and getting a different pizza is a good idea.

that's a terrible comparison, what the fuck? that does not in any way apply to music genres.

Rap is nigger music, I'll listen to pretty much anything except nigger music
I didn't say black music, I said nigger music
Some country like Johnny Cash is pretty good
But all in all, in a weird way ALL music is good, because it's all the same 12 notes
I guess it's the lyrics and the message and how it's all presented that really mean something as well but music is just music, it'll sound good no matter what

Because country and rap are for morons.

wow smart guy over here

alot of newer country is pretty soulless

heres some good ol shit

youtube.com/watch?v=wawYQG8E3es
youtube.com/watch?v=OuipxDzvmvs
youtube.com/watch?v=zaySXqQCSJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=OmOe27SJ3Yc
youtube.com/watch?v=mMvjhc8SiNg

this opinon is basically a meme

good ass country: 1970 albert lee shredding on a tele edition
youtube.com/watch?v=usIK8PP3kAM

In theory this makes sense, but sometimes I hear a song on a commercial or youtube add and I think it sounds fucking annoying. I guess it's probably because it feels fake. Is it spiritual mumbo jumbo to think you can feel the energy of someone passionately playing a piece of music? I don't know, but it doesn't seem to be total bullshit
On the other hand, sometimes I can't help but like the melody of a pop song on the radio even though I think the singer is human garbage and the lyrics are disgusting.

stop with the anime you fucking manchild

>I like everything but rap and country
>can't even name 5 Gamelan, Garifuna, Field Recordings or onkyo albums

By country, I think everyone means the top 40 stadium country. If anybody outright can't listen to something like At Folsom Prison then they're probably just a pleb.

>"Old country is good country" meme, the thread

sometimes memes are right friendo

>saying meme means its wrong
>>>/reddit/

I'M AN ALABAMA NIGGER AND I WANNA BE FREE

youtube.com/watch?v=vHJ3jhg-pdg

they are opposite ends of the spectrum, most people like to stay in the middle. Rap evolved out of blues, country evolved out of european folk music.

Old country music is fucking great.
Hank Williams, Weylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash...
All guys in the Highwaymen btw, which is one of the best power groups ever formed.

What are some good modern country artists that isn't Chris Stapleton or Sturgill Simpson? (No alt-country please)

damn right