What do you do when you're stuck in a town of 10,000 people with no jobs...

What do you do when you're stuck in a town of 10,000 people with no jobs? This town is surrounded by cornfields in every direction for 10-20 miles depending on the direction.

>Have $5 left to my name, nothing else and no assets left to sell
>No vehicle, family and no method of transportation other than my feet
>When I say no jobs, I don't mean no decent jobs, I mean even McDonalds is backed up with hundreds of apps and no positions

There's a couple of positions here like Hothead Burritos needs a shift manager and they're incredibly picky. I didn't have enough direct shift management experience in a restaurant to qualify during a phone interview.

>They've been looking for months

So, what do I do now? Do I start hopping on trains and hope for the best? I'm running out of options and I don't know where to go. I can't sit around here hoping for someone to give a shit or some miracle.

What would you do?

Other urls found in this thread:

morningchores.com/free-land/
soundcloud.com/user-205633393/buried-and-gone
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bar, cafe or restaurant. Your next meals are guaranteed, it's free. Waiter or dishwasher, whatever.

move to bigger town

There are several rural states that offer home steading property. Kansas, Nebraska, and Iowa come to mind. Get a free plot and build a life.

Those are the first places I went because I knew they'd be have a shit ton of applicants. I haven't left any positions out or places in town.

>move to bigger town
>$5 left to my name
My life isn't a Sitcom, where you can just up and move like they do. It takes money to move or I would have 2 years ago when the town was going to shit.

Fellate your way to the big city and make your fortune my son.

shit, sign up for welfare gibmes and use that to move somewhere and find a job.

Make and sell meth?

do they gibsmedats to white people though?

>Asking a board of underage and NEETs for life advice when you've run out of money
Why don't you go to Sup Forums next and ask for advice on attracting women?

Seriously, there's plenty of help support forums out there with adults that are far more qualified to help you out. No one should be getting life advice from Sup Forums

What's the town?

where do u live podunkanon?

This, go and ask /biz/ and they'll point you at the best crypto-cock to jerk.

Try to find a job online first, then ask your parents for a ride/train ticket after you got something.
You could also try to make your own job.
Handcraft something and try to sell it online, maybe custom wooden pc cases or whatever crosses your mind.
Should all that fail you could always grow/sell weed if you see no other option, that would still be better than stealing for food or smth for Shure

>/biz/
That board used to be good before their obsession with spending thousands on cryptoscam.

What about joining the military?

If this is true this would be awesome. Do this.

Sell kidney
Smart Investments
Buy kidney back and live off blow and hookers while contributing fuckall to actual society

give blowjobs/handjobs until you have enough money to move away.

if it's a scam then how come I made 200 dollars off bitcoins?

Recognise that the unjust system of capitalism is the cause of your woes and seek the alliance of others who wish to overthrow it.

>Jus serve the imperialist agenda, brah
100% Americucked

It's a small town in Ohio.

It used to be a good town. We had a lot of nightlife, it was quiet but new incompetent leadership took over and some business mogul came here, bought all of the buildings and skyrocketed the rent to operate so a lot of our businesses disappeared.

My barber that had been here for 40 years had to quit because the guy who bought the building doubled his rent.

Crime skyrocketed and now we have a high unemployment rate with no openings.

That's an option. I'm almost 30 though and I don't know what their age limits are.

>parents
The only parent I know is my mom and she's a crazy paranoid delusional idiot who lives with a bunch of dogs. My family and I (the family that's left anyways) aren't close for a lot of reasons. I was born into a degenerate family and tried to get away from their image.

Exactly what I was going to suggest. Some people have no ambition.

$200?!?!? HOLY SHIT QUIT YOUR JOB AND MOVE TO BEVERLY HILLS.

Grats, you found one fucking moron to buy $200 worth of bitcoins.

Find a shitty job, save up and move to another town.

Nothing is holding you back. We all eat shit. I'm eating shit currently, but that's because of my own doing.

Never again user. Trust me, I moved 3000 miles cross-country for a gig, decided to take a break earlier this year when it dried up. Couch surfing for the next two weeks til the first paycheck hits. It's not hard.

Living like shit isn't hard. I've been doing it for a couple of years. I have my cozy sleeping bag here in my room and enough ramens to eat for another week. I sold my mattress and frame for scrap money. I'm not someone who's accustomed to a nice life but when I say there's literally no jobs here, it's not an exaggeration.

That's why I'm stuck. If I had a means of getting out of town and getting a shitty job somewhere else, I would have already.

You can easily walk 5km/h for 8 hours a day
Get a shitty job via Internet, stuff ramen into sleeping bag and walk, maybe try tramping, there are some tramping apps or smth

What town are you in exactly?

Others are right for the wrong reasons.

Just leave, by any means you can think of. You're on the edge and staying still will end in failure anyway so it doesn't matter if striking out fucks you over. Same place you'd be otherwise.

Get some government assistance for a little bit. They actually provide assistance in getting jobs because they want you out of the fucking system. Almost certainly low paying, but a gig is a gig until you can save up enough to bounce the fuck out.

If you're young enough, try one of the armed forces for a bit. Air force and navy desk jobs go to even the most idiotic fucks (I've met them all) and you'll be moved elsewhere on stipend. Shit pay, but you get housing, experience, and out of that town

Search nearby obituaries for easy identities to take up. Collect social security/ welfare for as many identities as you can steal. Steal a bike to get yourself somewhere. Don't use a car, that's way more likely to attract heat. As soon as you have enough money to get back on your feet drop all illegal activity (this should only take a few months). Try and stay at a motel 6, have any checks or money delivered to a house for sale; it will most likely be vacant. If you can, maybe take out a PO box with each identity when you can afford it. If you collect benefits for multiple identities, set up their mail to be delivered as far apart as possible. Make sure you conceal your appearance as much as possible too. Nothing crazy fishy, wear a cap, maybe some men's platform shoes. Just things that make you slightly harder to identify on cameras. If you live in a REALLY remote area you can actually get a new social security card fairly easy without committing identity theft. In the US there are provisions for people who live in rural areas (the amish, etc) who may have never interacted with the government.

If you go that route, take out as much debt as possible. All you have to do from there is find transfer it into cash then go start life as your new self. You obviously won't get a ton of money, and it will take a while for things to mail (if it were instant and profitable everyone would do it). It should give you enough cash for a fresh start, though.

Go to Textbroker (a site for writing). The pay is fucking trash and the clients are picky but at least you make money and you'll have more than $5 on Friday. Content writing sites like that are garbage and there's a reason they always need writers but it's an option.

Buy mavic, offer service to inspect, take photo's/ videos of their land. They all need it. I make around 8k a month doing various cinematography work for people, including farmers.

Same guy here again. If you need immediate cash I would seriously recommend looking for a nearby sporting event or any conventions nearby. Hosts are always looking for immediate workers to be bartenders or servers for a weekend. You can make a few hundred dollars to eat for a while.

I thought you were talking outta your ass, then I googled it: morningchores.com/free-land/

>cornfields

Do the local farmers need any grunt labor? These guys tend to have work available but it never gets advertised. The pay is usually way below poverty level but can come with perks like free housing. Find the local seed n' feed store that the farmers use and chat the owner up. I did that shit for a few years to get back on my feet.

Why dont you tug on my dick? It would be a better use of your hands than telling some poor SOB with no opportunities to suck dick for a living. Not only would that possibly get him killed, he would undoubtedly wind up in prison for soliciting sex.

stop whining and get a job lmao idiot

Being the idiot I am
I would start stabbing random people and taking their wallets

didn't they say they were looking but there were no jobs? thats how small towns are man jobs are like finding unicorns

Bullshit. Since Trump has been president, jobs have skyrocketed. OP is a leftist liar shill trying to put Trump down. Nice try OP

Hey poor bastard in the middle of no where, Kansas. If you want to survive go ask for help at a Catholic Church rectory, or Salvation Army. Explain your sitiation to them.

then move smh white ppl

Get a job is a derogatory term meaning "suck my dick". Jobs aren't given, or taken. One must apply for a job and be approved to work the position.

Meth. Duh

>This is how underage people think
When you move out of mommy's house boy you'll realize you can't do anything for free.

OP sign up to Textbroker like I said earlier and you'll make a little bit of money. If you have unlimited time, maybe you'll pick up clients and make a full time living. Writing sucks and it's boring but it's extra money.

Join the military. Even two years doing something stupid like chef will get you college money and something to put on a resume when you move the fuck out of the hole town you came from.

yes

In every fucking redneck shit town theirs tweekers that need laborers. Talk to people and get a job. I'm a fucking Carpenter. Didn't even know it. Just did floors and drywalled a whole fucking house minus one wall which I gotta frame after I install the tub. My boss sleepa

>Textbroker
NIGGER NO. DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO THIS. Do a Google search for sites that pay you to write and don't write for the fucking peanuts that they pay you. The problem with TB is that clients don't rate your work, these Editors do and they're all recent High School grads who are Redditor tier Editors. There are a ton of sites out there that pay you to write and not for peanuts. If you can write coherent English and it appears you can, don't charge anything less than $50 an article.

Dude move to ND. Day labors does like 15-18 unskilled. McDonald's does 15hr. Walmart strts at 1750

>My boss sleepa
Your hammer break or something there, Chief?

You have legs. Walk.
You have a thumb. You can hitch-hike.
I'm no mamas boy, if you want you can relocate quickly

WTF? EMTs here in Indiana don't even make as much as fucking burger flippers? I wonder what the tech jobs like web developers make.

I just wanted to say I was the biggest looser in my entire school. I had no social skills, depression, and I can't think of a single happy memory from my childhood. I thought of killing myself daily, never did it (obviously)

Age 33, yet still on Sup Forums like it was 1999, living my best life. No job, beautiful wife, 10k in the bank, and living in a luxury bus (RV) traveling the US. I can be anywhere I want whenever I want.

I keep the bullet that misfired in my change cup, it would have been in my skull. It's my reminder that if I ever want to opt out I can.

I'm feeling depressed today, angry at myself for choosing to turn the other cheek instead of resorting to violence to hurt those that insulted me verbally. Those incidents were in high school, literally half a lifetime away, from people who's names I forgot. Yet it still fills me with rage. That's my only stress in life.

No intiendo . What's hammer break. He sleeps all day. Probably does crack all night. It's job security and I'm learning so much shit. It's shit I've known. I anit stupid I've seen it done just never did it. Fuck manual labor

NERRRRRRRRRRD

Bank. Any skilled job is insane. Welders 95. Drill pipe inspection (me) 24$hr 100 hrs a week it was. Back in '12

Ask in the neighbourhood for small jobs (housekeeping, gardening, doing stuff for them), maybe help at a farm or the farmers house, in exchange for food or other essentials, not in the beginning for money until they trust you, until you made yourself inevitable. then, profit.

be no lazy ass, go out and find something to do.

Have you tried suicide. Robin Williams, Kurt Cobain, that faggot from Lincoln perk. Suicide is what's up

p-pasta?

10,000 people? Shit son we’ve got like 2000 in my town and I still have a fucking job.

Small towns like ours are for living and that’s about it. You’re supposed to commute to another town to work on your circumstance.

Don't worry OP. My parents hated life too and decided to move to a small town right after I was born. I promptly got the fuck out of dodge the day I left my parent's home, shortly after turning 18. Never looked back and now I've lived in several different countries and only big cities.

I guess what I'm trying to say is you're probably fucked.

That's not a reminder that you can anytime. That bullets shit. Use a different one

They get a sign on bonus of 500 too. No shit. Never could bring myself to work there. Full of somilians honestly

If you are young enough, 32 and lower (I think), then join the military. NOT the reserves or nat guard. they dont provide food and shelter after training

go to store, give 5 dollars to clerk for bleach. walk outside and drink

soundcloud.com/user-205633393/buried-and-gone

Niggers that live in the jungle don't have money, they've lived there for thousands of years. Live near a river, eat the fucking corn.

Yo who mentioned $15 an hour at mcyd's in ND? I can't find shit on that

I left when the saudis dropped the price of oil. That's what it was when I left. My buddy up there now doing daylabor construction/ probably clean up making same wages. I lived in Williston until my options were bare. I refused to work at mickeys

Williston, northfuckingdakota. Only thing homeless are frowned upon and the drunken rig workers will fuck with you while drunk. So will the tweekers honestly. Nothing you can't handle if you're cool. Just don't be fucking weird. Understand everyone there is from somewhere else. You ain't special and they think they're all Billy badass. It's easy

I used to hang with a homeless fuck who drove a Porsche.

im in the same boat fam. sucks ass. town of 6000 and closest city is like an hour away. i have 8k left and have been unemployed for about 2 months now. have applied for about 30 jobs.

What's wrong with people these days? I'm seeing lots of victim mentality and woe is me posts but I'm seeing a lack of taking responsibility and taking action posts.

You have one thing on your side OP, time. Put your walking shoes on and get to it. Hitch hike, suck cock in truck stop restrooms for a ride, anything you fucking pussy

In my boot division, we had a 31 year old. Honestly, join the Navy or Air Force and you're set. Ever since I was 17, I never had to worry about money. I want something, I get it. Travel, money, food, clothing, whatever it is you'll get it if you aren't a lard ass.

loser who joined the military because he's a complete fuck up in life with no other options. Nice.

Cincinnati
Dayton
Columbus
Cleveland
Toledo
Akron

you have options OP.

>stuck
Just go man. Go out and live your life, where ever that may lead you. Fucking pussy

This x1000