Why didn't France fall so low like UK did?

Why didn't France fall so low like UK did?

Despite loosing it's empire France is still relevant, strong(economy, military), has a culture, cherishes it's history and isn't widely despised by the international community.

I'm curious, are the French just more hard working, smarter and likable people?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Why_Die_for_Danzig?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Why_Die_for_Danzig?
>France had no interest in defending Poland, and that German Chancellor Adolf Hitler would be satisfied after receiving the territory he (rightfully, according to Déat[6]) demanded. He accused the Poles of warmongering and dragging Europe into a war.[6] Déat argued that Frenchmen should not be called to die paying for irresponsible Polish politicking,[6] and expressed doubts about whether Poland would be able to fight for any significant amount of time.[3] "To fight alongside our Polish friends for the common defense of our territories, of our property, of our liberties," wrote Déat, "this is a perspective that one can courageously envisage, if it should contribute to maintaining the peace. But to die for Danzig, no!"

I'm not talking about WW2 history but current times.

The UK still has strong ties to Canada, Australia and New Zealand and the Queen is still the head of state for these countries. Not to mention tax havens in the Caribbean are still British territories.

Contrast this to the war-torn shitholes that comprise all of France's ex-colonies. Not to mention the French are a far bigger joke around the world than the British.

>Not to mention the French are a far bigger joke around the world than the British.
Only in memes, that is Sup Forums.

France is 2 times more influential than UK in the current year.

The only thing France has over the UK is a bigger voice in Europe, by virtue of its Eurozone membership, and the price it pays for that is a huge surrender of its sovereignty (i.e. the monetary policy of France is decided in Frankfurt).

Other than that... tell me more about what language the world speaks, about British/French GDP growth and the new French aircraft carriers. I'll wait.

France has higher GDP, a bigger and working army, culture it cherishes, history it dosn't twist(bbc black queens), influence in Europe(in the only place that matters) and less internal problems.

this

How is the UK "widely despised" again? Also mediocre bait, but you made me respond so congrats

France never lost the empire

They still have control over the money and resources of their former possessions. African countries pay a total of 800k € every year among "colonial benefits" and other bullshit, plus they have a right over every raw resource the country exports, including all the new resources that will be found (something akin to that), which must be sold to France first and foremost, and only if France is not interested the Africans can sell it to someone else.

800k E is pretty much nothing on a country scale.

that's rad

France is in decline, UK isn't. not even an opinion but a fact

Full defence mode I see.

France is a leading power in EU while UK is a leading power in.. UK? :^)

Well 800k€ for doing nothing except force your language on others (having French as official language is part of the contract among the countries) is quite a lot if you ask me

>France
>Hard working people
HAHAHAHAHA
they're a fucking laughing stock in Europe because no one fucking works there.
Their work morale is a joke and they still want less working hours.
Where the fuck did you hear that the French are hard working.
Or are polish even worse?

Because Frenchmen are superior to the eternal a*glo in every way.

>using the EU as an example

thought so

The UK isn't actually despised outside of butthurt Poles on Sup Forums