Was any government in history a bigger fuck up than this?

Was any government in history a bigger fuck up than this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1y3TKv7Chk4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't recall any country called images. And that flag is not Rhodesia so…

Khmer Rouge mongoloid

Doubtful.

Commies are always stupid but Cambodia was a special kind of stupid.
Thinking an ethnic genocide + not feeding anyone till they listened to you was the way to form a Utopia

>i'll just behead Genghis Khan's ambassador.

The single biggest political fuck up in history. Started this fuckers massacre of the middle east and Eastern Europe, indirectly resulting in 300+ million deaths

:(

>Khmer rouge

I don't even know in which timeframe it existed. If it got wiped there must be a reason. Then why ponder about it?

>You know what this nation of peasants that yet has a starting industry and state bureaucracy needs to make it work? More peasants. Like, everyone should become a peasant and those who don't want to become a peasant should be killed. Also not just any kind of peasants, the forced labour-like collectivized type which has no interest in how well the crop goes and can just starve to death if it doesn't rain enough
At least it was such a monumental fuckup that went down in history as such

No

Oh, but make sure to get modern medicine and weaponry for those in charge, m'kay.

Something tells me Paul Butt wasn't really as fanatical as he made himself out to be.

Don't forget selling food to China in exchange for military supplies, causing wide spread starvation in the country.

How are you guys doing nowadays?

youtube.com/watch?v=1y3TKv7Chk4
what a misunderstood country

Recovering. Chinese investors are everywhere which helps speed things up. Some of our domestic talents are also returning home after traveling abroad for education instead of imigrating there permanently which is also a plus.

I can think of a few.

At the moment it's basically kept going by the momentum of its own hubris.

Cause it perpetrated one of the worst genocides in modern history and had a major effect on the SEA region even today?

Are you retarded or something shitaly? That's like saying why would anyone research the Nazis

who dat

I've read your government is pretty corrupt and still has Khmer rouge leaders in the Cambodian People's party.

My Cambodian friend tells me Pol Pot, who despite having a major role to play in the atrocities, is more of a scape goat for Hun Sen to use to tell the Cambodian people that they need to listen to his party since he saved them from him.

And what a ride it's been

Diaspora here, this. Cambodia is recovering thanks to Chinese investment, Phnom Penh is as tacky and shiny as the rest of SEA, in the countryside things are still bad. Poor nutrition, poor education, bad infrastructure, LAND MINES, a lot of people leave the rural areas to find work in cities.

Hun Sen is a corrupt sack of horse cocks, but his recent spate of arrest of political opponents makes it seem unlikely the Sam Rainsy Party will ever win. Corruption is heavily present in all levels of government, if you want anything done, it's bribes and kickbacks.

Correct. Hun Sen has made himself out to be a savior of sorts to the country. But that alone doesn't stop the younger demographic from protesting against him. Recently, he threatened military action if he were to lose the upcoming election in 2018. Empty rhetoric of course but considering a vast amount of the population is still uneducated, it might actually work.

whoops.

Best of luck in the future.
Rainsy seems like one hell of a politician I've never seen a single political figure who puts more emotion into his speeches.

Cambodia is my favorite SEA country I spent a month there last year, people are as friendly as the Thais without that fake ass American smile they all have.
Also Khmer empire is perhaps one of the most underrated ancient empires. They pretty much created rice cultivation and had trade routes with Rome.

Kwarazmia, a muslim country around 12th century AD. Located in parts of today kazakhstan,turkmenistan and uzbekistan. Eaten by the Mongol hordes of Ghenghis Khan.

didn't your gov banned south korean men who want cambodian bride?

Best of luck to your country's future endeavors as well.
Not sure about this one. I think it was a temporary ban. I think afterwards they removed the ban and replaced it with new restrictions namely that the husband has to be younger than 50 and earn at least 2500 dollars a month.