Does your language have an older version of it with less loanwords?

Does your language have an older version of it with less loanwords?

In Italy, the Arbëresh people are Albanians that fled to Italy to go away from Ottomans and they speak even today Medieval Albanian. Despite living in Italy for 500 years, they have less Italian loanwords than Standard Albanian.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mòcheno_language
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cimbrian_language
youtube.com/watch?v=J1dtWsfiv94
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gammalsvenskby
youtube.com/watch?v=Crepyo2AMyI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Previous versions of English were more Germanic in nature and had far fewer romance loanwords (principally from French)

Is there a place that speaks a language close to Medieval English. Heard Scots is really Germanic

what the fuck are you talking about you filthy fucking niggers

Not sure to be honest, maybe a creole version in the Caribbean or something would be your best bet

I don't understand your post

Quebec is known for using a lot of old vocabulary which is not used in France anymore, however today they also mix french with a lot of english so it would be false to say that they speak old french.

...Germany?
The Netherlands?
Frisian is the closest relative of English so there's that.

albanians are subhumans

We have church slavonic, it hasn't been changing since medieval shit

>Does your language have an older version of it with less loanwords?
i don't know and don't care.
i wish we adopted latin letters already

albanians are subhumans

albanians are subhumans

latin is ugly as fuck tbqh

I mean Medieval English

albanians are ugly as fuck

albanians are subhumans

>t. buttmad bosniak

I am a Greek

Old
Church
Slavonic

The only one I'm aware of is some crazy-ass pidgin dialect from Veneto still spoken in Brazil that's less influenced by actual Italian than today's dialects from the same place
Italy also hosts small community that speak Germanic languages closer to early Modern Age German
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mòcheno_language
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cimbrian_language

albanians
are
subhumans

an old shitalian saying:
albanians are subhumans

Nope not really, as the language hasn't changed that tremendously and most loanwords are just thigns we share with swedes or have come in 21th century during globalization and IT stuff.

The swedish dialect that fennoswedes speak is said to be the type of language Swedes talked in 1500s

youtube.com/watch?v=J1dtWsfiv94

why don't mods bann this retard
i was banned yesterday for calling him subhuman

And they never betrayed Christianity either. Arbëresh are top tier lads.

He's the cleverest, most dubious machination of the mods themselves.

That would explain why he never gets banned

>Albanian makes legitimately good thread
>"""Germans""" and other ilk shit the thread full

Anyway, here in Switzerland one of our national languages is Romansh, though it isn't spoken by many. It has similarities with Italian but is actually more of a dialect of Latin and is more similar to Latin than other romance languages, as far as I understand.
We also have Swiss German, which is our dialect of German, which is more similar to medieval German than new high German is because Swiss German didn't go through a consonant shift that high German did. In terms of loanwords I don't think there's a significant difference though.

albanian subhuman in kosovo

albanian subhuamn

you should know better that albanians are subhumans

Yes there are BRs who speak a dead German dialect called Hunsrücker Platt

albanian are subhumans

The Cuman dialects

he is the mod

No

West-Flemish dialect is pretty much medieval Dutch, which in itself is directly derived from Lower Frankish (aka Old Dutch), the language of Clovis and the Merovingian (Salian) Franks.

Albanians in Albania and Albanians here is a completely different matter. In any case, there are some based Christ-Albanians, whereas Turkish "Wallah ich bin deutshe moruqq" scum is always subhuman.

albanians are subhumans

albanians are subhumans

all albanians are subhumans
are you the albanian subhuman in switzerland?

>Eger toz-topraq quyaštan miŋ miŋ qurla yarїq bolsa edi, hanuz Teŋriniŋ yarїχlїqїna körä qaraŋγї-dїr.
It's a fragment from Codex Cumanicus

albanians are subhumans

Oturğanım oba yer basqanım baqır canaq. Ol zengi.
In Kazakh: Otırğanım oba jer basqanım baqır şanaq. Ol uzengi
"Where I sit is a hilly place. Where I tread is a copper bowl. The stirrup."

>cum-anicus
Kek

albanians are subhumans

The Codex's Pater Noster reads:

>Atamız kim köktesiñ. Alğışlı bolsun seniñ atıñ, kelsin seniñ xanlığıñ, bolsun seniñ tilemekiñ – neçik kim kökte, alay [da] yerde. Kündeki ötmegimizni bizge bugün bergil. Dağı yazuqlarımıznı bizge boşatqıl – neçik biz boşatırbız bizge yaman etkenlerge. Dağı yekniñ sınamaqına bizni quurmağıl. Basa barça yamandan bizni qutxarğıl. Amen!

albanians are subhumans

take your meds

albanians are subhumans

>cum-man people

The only people who can actually speak old English now are early medieval historians. Interesting though is that if you really pay attention to it whilst listing you can make out a few phrases here and there. As a native English speaker I imagine that listening to old English without knowing it is the closest I'll get to seeing what it is like to hear engosh spoken without understanding it

albanians are subhumans

For example Arbëresh has native words for ocean, island, peninsula, swimming, port, beach etc, that we forgot or got replaced by other languages words.

albanians are subhumans

Modern standard/literary Slovene is probably the one with the least loanwords unless you went back to old Slovene from before 900AD

albanians are subhumans

I thought Turks liked Albanians. Still sore about Skanderbeg?

I am a Greek

Pls stop

albanians are subhumans

Yes. Some csángós in a remote part of Moldova still speak a more archaic version of Hungarian due to changes in our language not being able to reach them.

Medieval English = Middle English
Not Old English

albanians are subhumans

albanians are subhumans

Yeah, Icelandic

albanians are subhumans

t. "greek"

albanians are subhumans

greeks are worse than albanians

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gammalsvenskby

The people in this village speak Swedish like we did 200 years ago. I've listened to some audio of them speaking and it's really trippy

Arbëresh is trippy to listen too

What about the Elfdalian language?

FRENCH'D

What?

albanians are subhumans

albanians are subhumans

old norse i suppose

it sounds strange

albanians are subhumans

in north central Argentina there is a province with a few hundred thousand Quichua speakers even though it was never a part of the Inca empire.

The language spread because the Spaniards who colonized the region brought Quechua speaking natives who were their servants (yanaconas), and the priests before the 1700s preached in native languages (because of that we have many old dictionaries and grammars of native languages, even some extinct ones)

a blind woman singing half in quichua santiagueño, half in spanish

youtube.com/watch?v=Crepyo2AMyI

albanians are subhumans

Google chipileño,idk if how similar it is to modern or old Italian, but it's an Italian dialect spoken in Mexico

Kys gre*k filth

you are filth you subhuman

albanians are subhumans

argentinians still use the "vos" while we stop using it in the medieval era

Daily reminder:
Greek and subhuman are synonyms

Isolated off-shoot of Old Norse in Central Sweden, that still used runes like two centuries ago.

meant for

Despite being a flyspeck on the world map, we still managed to develop several distinct dialects before standardization. They're spoken by some rural communities nowadays, mostly old people. The variety on the island of Saaremaa for instance didn't adopt the letter Õ and uses Ö instead.

albanians are subhumans

keep in mind
that you are one
and can not use this word against higher people

albanians
are
subhumans

we also use "vos" but due to our accent it sounds like "voh". it's used only in very informal contexts

we also say that albanians are subhumans

>the cosmic race are subhumans
Uhmm try again subhuman sweetie?

Kys gre*k subhuman

more like wall jumping cricket insects

Greek
subhuman
pick one

Please leave my country.

Thanks.

>the language of Clovis and the Merovingian (Salian) Franks.

Which is Latin

What are the words for ocean, island etc?