How can people choose to live like this? It's like choose to be a soulless thoughtless automaton

How can people choose to live like this? It's like choose to be a soulless thoughtless automaton.

Why does media shill the wonders of living in suburbia?

youtube.com/watch?v=2_2lGkEU4Xs

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Alexander
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Pattern_Language
library.uniteddiversity.coop/Ecological_Building/A_Pattern_Language.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=fiZdFS9r0yQ
soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/vote-for-trump
soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/trump-were-in-your-heart
soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/good-goy
soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/lets-make-america-great-again
soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/emperor-trump
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Have you ever lived in an apartment?
Suburbia would be heaven.

That's cute.

Holy fuck that looks absolutely dreadful

>don't share walls with any neighbors
>have a yard to put shit in
>close enough to the city to work but not close enough to have to live near undesirables

how is this bad, exactly?

Because its a safe place to live. If you're gonna raise a family, you're not gonna raise them in the ghetto now are you?

Wait, you've never seen this picture before?
But yes, it's fucking hell. I'd shoot myself in an instant.
...and then there is this (pic. related). Some tribes are just fucking nuts.

its mexico city

This famalam. I'd kill to live in the suburbs. No fucking students for neighbors. A place to BBQ. My own garage/gym.

Because it only looks horrible and soulless if you view it from above, from a distance. Actually living there is pretty nice.

>How can people choose to live like this? It's like choose to be a soulless thoughtless automaton.

>Why does media shill the wonders of living in suburbia?

Those stupid bakses

It's still designed by an autistic jackass. Where are places where people can gather and come together. Hang out for a while. Where are places to relax? No parks, no small forests (not even a bunch of trees together), no ponds, no nothing.

All you have are roads. To get the fuck out of there as fast as you possibly can.

>live in urban sprawl for most of my life
>mom wonders why I moved to the alaskan wilderness

Pretty sure that's the opening sequence of the new Dredd.

To add to this: maybe read something from the man who coined the term "pattern" in this context:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Alexander
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Pattern_Language

You should be able to find this book on the intertubes, I guess. Give it a shot. This should give you some ideas, why OP's picture is a horrible place to live.

Here you go:
library.uniteddiversity.coop/Ecological_Building/A_Pattern_Language.pdf

>buying a house with no yard and neighbors so close you can hear them having sex

For what purpose? It's literally all the cons of an apartment with none of the benefits of a house.

Not going to lie family, that looks like a place ripe for drop bombs on.

youtube.com/watch?v=fiZdFS9r0yQ

>Alexander's work has also influenced the development of Agile software development and Scrum

Suburbs are so entwined with roads because they're the escape routes for families engaged in "white flight". That's the major selling point. When a city becomes too enriched, you move to the suburbs and drive to work. Yeah it can be expensive and inconvenient, but Urban Youths rarely have cars, so when your property is only easily accessibly BY car you can effectively contain them to the inner-city.

its home for me

Where are the trees?

Have you seen consumerism? Most people are a soulless thoughtless automation that only like what the jew media tells them to like. It's depressing how people think they're independent or a freethinker yet they care more about how many likes they get on facebook than what's going on in the world.

Meh. - Sure, sure, the whole pattern idea gets attributed to him. But in this context he's mostly mentioned by damn hipsters that jack off to their god damn design patterns. As we speak.

Also I think that Alexander guy was kind of a lunatic. I didn't really enjoy reading his patterns. But it's not all bad, I guess. And OP's picture just reminded me of him/that book, and as said, they could have taken at least some inspiration from him (patterns on activity nodes, promenades, small openings, access to water, ...).

> It's like choose to be a soulless thoughtless automaton.
where 2 sign up?

its a very arid place and water is expensive, also subhumans dont care about nature

Souls don't exist. There is no such thing as being soulless.

Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't planned out so well.

see this is stupid, cities are fun when they're not enriched so just make them so expensive they have to move out.

crisis averted

Cause it beats the shit out of this you dastardly nigger.

Becuase it has made them live with higher survival rates young desu

soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/trump-were-in-your-heart

soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/good-goy

soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/lets-make-america-great-again

soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/emperor-trump

Live in suburb of South Carolina, can confirm it's awesome. Own a 4 br house for less than it would cost to have a 2 br apartment downtown

Their primary purpose is to filter out niggers who can't buy cars.

>not living like this

Looks like they already did.

Where is this?

how many "immigrants" have come in within the past 20 years?

>mfw that same jpg was my desktop background a few months back

Yes, lets live packed like sardines in a concrete coffin, never own land we can leave to our children, and instead pay rent to some Jew property speculator.

No pets allowed goyim! Also, say hello to your new section 8 neighbor in the unit next door.

I agree. It must be hell. Having to drive hours and hours everyday to get to your job, just to come back to your cookie cutter house that is exactly the same as everyone else, always having your neighbors right beside and behind you. If I lived in a city I would rather be in an apartment, and i would definitely never raise a family in a city, although I understand that this is sometimes not an option

Not pictured: the tent city where those homeowners now live so that immigrants can live in those homes.

Djursholm, Stockholm. Upperclass neighborhood

to that place? like 0 kek.

It actually seems like some here have not read The Geography of Nowhere by James Howard Kunstler.

Because if you had read it, you'd know that the horrid American suburban landscape was brought about in large part by influential European urban planners who came over after the war.

You want mixed-use zoning that would let you have your residence behind or above your shop or business? Sorry, that's illegal in most cities thanks to modern zoning laws.

Read the book, seriously.

Kunstler is a total lefty shill, but he's right that government subsidies made the suburbs possible--without all the subsidies, zoning, minimum parking requirements and regulations, suburban living would be a lot more expensive and we'd see less of it.

So weird seeing how highly planned American cities are when British cities are basically created by multiple villages eventually forming together into a clusterfuck of winding roads.

People aren't freely "choosing" to live in shitty suburbs--there's no free market here. The choices are heavily skewed by government money and rules.

No niggers, everything else is a small price to pay.

Detached single-family home master race reporting in.

This.

White flight after desegregation created the suburbs.

>not living like this

so edgy. you know you have to be 18 to post here right?

zipcode? in 29464 this would cost $200,000. My house was $500,000 but 5br/on a creek

God damnnnn and its chalk full of beaners. Literally fuckkkk thattttt

We have some really wealthy suburbs here and I don't get it. If I was going to blow 700K+ on a home, why do I want to live 100 feet from a fucking neighbor. Could take that money and buy a decent size chunk of land and put a more modest house on it. Be able to shoot targets in my back yard, grow my own veggies, have a chicken coop, ect.

Do people like it so they can do the "Look what the Jone's have" battles?

Well guess what its now like $1400/mo to rent a house in a decent neighborhood in Dallas (relatively low cost of living) now.

I cant wait for the economy to collapse

Sorry for being familiar with basic supply and demand economics user

>How can people choose to live like this? It's like choose to be a soulless thoughtless automaton.
It doesn't look as automated or soulless when people have different yards and different gardens. It's actually quite quaint, especially compared to an apartment.

good luck ever getting free market housing, zoning laws are also pushed by citizens looking to protect their investments and neighborhoods. Housing is to political to ever become a free market.

Because there are no jobs in farm country.

t. Ex-Farmer, come at me.

OP's pic is in all probability Las Vegas, and I live in Las Vegas.

You probably couldn't afford to live in my neighborhood. Your post reeks of poverty.

Meme magic could make it happen. Policy people from all ideological sides are waking up to the problem of excessive zoning and land use regulation.

t. Antifa Organization Leader at a Liberal Arts university and Redditor

>extrapolate beyond it's context
typical faggot libshit, it's how all of your shitty arguments work

as if it should be obvious to anyone that the picture itself is both the full story and inherently bad

>inb4 I'm not a libshit
you are

Looks cozy.