into the trash

any other artists that do this?

death grips
grimes
animal collective

grimes did the opposite

Are u serious

Kendrick

um yeah... He ditched everything that made his tracks interesting and decided to be the gay Venezuelan Bjork. It was completely boring. Mutant is a masterpiece, this is dull in comparison.

'At least he didn't sell out' was how I looked at it

but he did

This album is way more human and emotionally potent than Mutant. It may not be what you look for in his music, but i don't think it makes the art worse.

This

:*

>This album is way more human and emotionally potent than Mutant.
how can you say that when he had songs like faggot that addressed the emotional feelings of how he was treated in his home country because of his sexuality?
mutant is a very dark record because its him lashing out all the anger and abuse he took.
i mean i can see why you think S/T is more human because hes just flaunting it now. but i disagree.

>directly following up shitty music with shitty music
Wew
If I wanted some actual experimental otherwordly music I'd just listen to OPN

>experimental
>OPN
I love opn but he isn't experimental. His only experimental work was eccojams.

>If I wanted some actual experimental otherwordly music I'd just listen to OPN
is this a joke?
nothing about opn is experimental. and im a huge fan

haha fucking tryhards

what makes opn experimental?

>R+7 isn't experimental
If you genuinely believe this, give me 3 albums that sound like it, that came out before R+7. If you can't, that proves OPN was breaking new ground and experimenting. Same goes for Garden of Delete, and Replica.

>a new aesthetic sound means it is musically experimental
no

If by new aesthetic you mean new sound, and sound can only be derived from the musicality of an album, then you're wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=WgnSe60vFzI
youtube.com/watch?v=7CJ1soQfSsY
the fact that his music is sample based should have clued you in on the fact that his sort of stuff has been done before

>sound design and tone qualities are no longer an element of music because I say so

spotify always thinks I want to listen to this gay shit always gotta scramble to skip it

give me 3 albums that sound like Lemonade, that came out before Lemonade. If you can't, that proves Beyonce was breaking new ground and experimenting. Same goes for s/t, and 4

I used new aesthetic to mean he just took an existing musical sound and applied it to a different genre. Meaning he took progressive electronic tropes and brought them to plunderphonics. That isn't being experimental.

you actually fucking joking right now? i would literally smash you in the head with a rock if you were anywhere near me

NOTM followed by Jenny Death?

Arcade Fire:
Reflektor into Everything Now

Literally "LOOK GUYS I'M GAY LMAO"

GP followed by NOTM

LOOK GUYS I'M STRAIGHT LMAO

Following up the second worst album of your career with your worst*

>muh gay non-binary sounds
cultural marxist noise faggots

Come on man

That's what QOTSA just did. It's still good though.

I was so into this when it came out that i completely overplayed it and now, apart from the instrumentals, it sickens me. Mutant on the other hand is still a masterpiece.

Reflektor is better than those pieces of shit Black Mirror and Suburbs

But i liked his music because it was so inhuman :(