So, politics aside, he's just a bad quarterback, right...

So, politics aside, he's just a bad quarterback, right? The media is currently pushing the idea that he will not get drafted because of his protests, but the 49ers went 2-14 with him as quarterback. Is he the reason for the poor season, or is he being scapegoated?

Other urls found in this thread:

profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-quarterbacks-this-season/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

imo it's a little of both. he's better than a lot of the backup QBs out there, but not really good enough to start.

if he didn't have the bad stigma around him, he'd be signed. but teams don't want to deal with the bad press he brings if he's only a backup tier player.

Guy has the shittiest footwork and overhand release in the league. Every pass he throws sails high

right now he's considered a toxic asset by the league and nobody will want to deal with all his retarded shit for an average quality player

he ruined his career

>Fire rocket arm
>Zero accuracy
GOD DAMN YOU WHITTEY

I'd rather Jakoby Brisset

He's awful

Kaepernig sucks as a QB & as a person. He won't play another down in the NFL again

He has no awareness. Literally every QB in the league would have spotted an uncovered receiver presnap.

in 4 years he never developed any vision, field awareness, progression, patience, or the ability to put any touch on his passes. the vast majority of the time he was launching either cannon shots or lasers at his first option. as a niners fan it was incredibly difficult to watch his failure to grow as a quarterback.

Why hasn't Seattle signed him to be Wilson's back up?

Seattle's fanbase would fucking love him.

He'd be a decent camp pickup, but its not worth all the controversy and media attention he would bring. Kinda like tebow

Pretty much. Could you imagine how annoying it would be for a coach to have to answer media questions everyday about your 3rd string QB?

He got carried by a god tier 49ers defense at the time. Then they relied on him to win. Didnt work. It impossible to lower him to Tebow tier and say he cant throw, but he has shit awareness, accuracy and his numbers reflect that.

He got credit for sacrificing his employability to take a stand for something he believed in. That's great. But now when it comes time to reap what he sowed it seems like he wanted something for nothing (actually I'm not sure if anyone outside of BLM and Spike Lee has said anything about it)

considering that he had the 17th completion percentage in the league, that means there are 15 teams with putrid garbage for QBs

The stats for last year are inflated. >Us nanners were literally trailing every game at the half by 3 scores so everyone played prevent defense against us every second half. He also won exactly 1 game so completion percentages mean shit

because he wants starter money
because seattle's current backup is better than him(he just got arrested though)

Mediocre at best passer that could only be good under Harbaugh.
Never learned to read defenses and doesn't seem to comunicate well with the rest of the offense.
Granted, the 49ers offense isn't what you call a good one, but he didn't really help the cause.

Even with the whole "there are worse QBs with a job" argument, you need to take into account that he's cancer, and I don't mean that as a "insert political ideology here", but the guy was full diva when the 49ers was a winning team, someone must have that alex smith vs kaepernick image here. Of course there're politics involved, but he isn't the only vocal player out there.

In other words, you can only become full diva if you have the numbers to back it up, and even so, be prepared to be a journeyman.

Good player/smart or good work ethics = Franchise player
Good player/diva or cancer = Journeyman
Bad player/smart or good work ethics = might scam some shit teams or forever be a backup on decent teams
Bad player/ diva or cancer = no place in the NFL

This could be a smart and sensible way to get rid of him. Even tho he will probably make a fuzz about it.

Guys like geno, sanchez, mccown etc. are worse but they were always going to get scooped up faster because you don't have to make a commitment to them. Kaep and Cutler are trying to get years out of somebody

The league catches up to every meme after a few years. Once the tape was out there he got exposed. Even as a 49er fan I could predict all of Greg Roman's play calls.

And Jay Cutler was a Prob Bowl QB. What's your point?

I love how even Steve Young was giving the "wtf are you even doing" face in that picture

>passing stats from the mid-2010s are comparable to ones from the early 90s
garbage infographic is garbage

Steve Young had more rushing yards too.

Wasn't he in the Super Bowl?

Surely he's good enough to start for one of the dumpster fire teams in the AFC?

he was middle of the pack last year statistically behind one of the worst o-lines in football, and he's been both excellent and terrible in the past. He's overpaid relative to his capability,and there are a few capable qbs with unsettled situations.

I'm hoping no one offers him anything so they can pick him for cheap desu

there are plenty of other outspoken players who are relatively anonymous that are currently signed. the stigma and distraction arguments are insufficient.

>trailing games
>inflating completion percentage

bruh

Check downs are open if they're playing deep you retard

Then he just fucking sucks.

this sand nigger is a fucking terrorist

teams dont wanna get allahu akbared when they about to snap the football

Basically once teams figured out he only does one read he was fucked.

Tack on the media circus his name attracts to his lackluster play with the glut of FA QBs that are mostly cheaper and definitely draws less media attention. and there's still the draft to boot.

he's still a millionaire, he'll be fine.

Harbaugh's Niners were beastly

>outspoken players
>relatively anonymous
there's the problem with your comparison.

how's that a problem? those players were less famous than kaep but did all of the exact same shit, and received coverage on espn/other media. they just didn't happen to be sb quarterbacks

that only applies late in the game. for the middle 2 quarters (at least), it inhibits you if the defense knows you'll be more aggressive.

not statistically, and there are plenty of bad quarterbacks with places. but him, cutler, romo... all unsettled at the moment. this is a weird case of media and both political poles cooperating to make something out of nothing

nobodies screaming about stupid shit is different from the main guy screaming about stupid shit. unfortunately, qbs are the face of the team for better or worse. it's a position that doesn't tend to let you stay 'relatively anonymous'.

>not statistically
Oh I am laffing. Remove his dick from your mouth and kill yourself.

profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-quarterbacks-this-season/

this sand nigger is a fucking terrorist

teams dont wanna get allahu akbared when they about to snap the football

if he could help a team win he would be signed

hes the new Tebow

not very good, brings a media circus

I think the biggest thing teams saw this year was when Kap was a back up this year all media just talked about his protest and saying that's why he wasn't starting.

No team wants to pick him up as a back up then deal with some E!spn pundit yelling that he should be starting but the man is keeping him down because he won't vote.

>not seeing the fucking UNCOVERED reciever waving at him

How is it possible that an NFL quarterback, who has been playing as long as him, who played in a Super Bowl, fucked up that bad?

Kaepernick comes with too much baggage. Way too much risk for such a low expected return.

As a Niners fan I'm glad to see him go. I was pissed when Harbaugh put him in as starter of Alex Smith and sad to see Smith go when he finally got a good team around him and showed he was capable. But I also supported Kaep because he was really good at the time. Flash in the pan though, all the controversy he brings, just isn't worth. Wouldn't surprise me if he came out and had a great year in the right system, 3.5k passing yards, 400-500 rushing yards, 30-35 total TDs, since he's capable, but I think his best years are behind him.

It's a little of both, mostly that he's not that good.

You're not going to risk bad PR and fan backlash for someone that's AT BEST a mediocre 2nd string QB.

I would say if he didn't protest as he did, he probably would have found a bench to sit on somewhere, but putting on such a retarded show and sucking on top of that is just too much. If he were as good as say Cam Newton even, he would have found a team.

This will happen. Count on it.

So was Rex Grossman

Trent Dilfer WON an owl as the starter

>So, politics aside, he's just a bad quarterback, right?
If I remember correctly, Randy Moss was wide open in the Super Bowl and he went to Michael Crabtree.

He's in that sticky spot where he's not good enough to be a starter, but not cheap enough to be a backup. It's that simple.

He has a low iq on the field and off the field. He has no business being a quarterback in the nfl.

You need to be intelligent to be a good QB in the NFL. Have you ever looked at aj NFL playbook? Kaep is a smallbrain. No amount of running around chucking up meme passes willl make up for that. (Exception: Brett Favre)

Geno Smith is better than Kaep and that's objective fact.

>off the field

Plenty of somewhat smart people lose the plot and make imprudent choices. [spoiler]Like a lot of people on this board[/spoiler]

This isn't the hockey thread retard leaf.

It's not the stigma or bad press. Teams will overlook that. It's his shit attitude. He just does not give a fuck about winning football games. He's never gotten better than he was his first year starting, and never seems to be that driven to get better.

And sure he's better than some of the other guys playing in the NFL, but there's a cut off point for talent, where your QB just isn't good, and after which you're just dealing in shades of shit. Does it really matter if you have the worst QB in the NFL as opposed to the 5th worse? So while Kaep may be better than the absolute worst QB's in the NFL right now, is he that much better to offset the bullshit he brings along with him? Of course not.

I know, it's a nigger-bashing thread, brother

Kaepernick is an arab

think he's just going to have to wait until after the draft. like 2/3 the league seems like it could take a stab a qb mid-first-second round this year. kind of a non-story. someone like the bills will get him if they don't get /theirguy/

It's all vegan diet's fault, that's ok for faggots whose harder physical activity is to suck bbc but not for an athlete, just look at Tim Brody that nigga is literally the oldest starting QB but he looks like a sophomore, just look for his diet and that shit is what keeps him like a fucking Dorian Gray while rapistburger and bressus look older than his coaches.

You inadvertently demonstrated that he should absolutely have a team, assuming someone with need is willing to meet his wage demands. Teams are waiting for the draft and dominos to fall, but even these stats suggest he should be on the cusp of starter/backup. How does this stack vs. chase Daniel the year before? Mccown? Nick foles? How many quarterbacks start games in a given season? On merit alone, he is good enough to be on a roster. His dollar value is the only thing in question.

>he's just as shitty as those other bums
Not a compelling argument. Now you see why no one has signed him

finally someone talking sense. same reason charles and peterson don't have teams

He's just not good enough to be a starter for teams and he draws too much attention to be your 2nd or 3rd stringer. He's the mohamad Tebow.

Everyone thought he was shit and an airhead last year before the whole kneeling incident

I'm not sure that's changed