I did meth for the first time this weekend...

I did meth for the first time this weekend, read every where that it super addictive but I tried doing it two days in a row, all that happened second day is that I had already used up all my dopamine so all I felt was the comedown + really tweaky and speedy. Read that latest studies showed that it is not nearly as neurotoxic as previously thought, my question is. How does it affect the dopamine receptors? If I were to give it another try in lets say two weeks, will it really "fry" my dopamine receptors for life and I will constantly not feel the same joy as before if I ever did it again? Not like I trust you fags for shit, but input would at least be nice.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2394729/
triggered.clockss.org/ServeContent?url=http://tandfonline.stanford.clockss.org/toc/uacp/20/../../../doi/pdf/10.1080/10401230802177656
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3552373/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

kek you're already addicted and you don't realize it

lmao that's how everyone starts out you hecking idiot

just do it everyday

let's just say I've been full blown physically addicted to heroin, Xanax and alcohol but the drug I still crave to this day is meth. and I've only done it about 6-7 times years ago.

considering it releases the most dopamine out of any drug you'd be a dumbass to believe it's not harmful.

You see, meth is an upper so in order to get the high you wanted the first time you gotta balance it out with a downer. So, find you a downer, like heroine, and do some of that, then the next time you smoke meth it will feel great.

So all you gotta do is switch off day by day and you keep getting this great high each time.

Your dopamine receptors are already fried, that is why the second dose wasn't as good. Enjoy chasing the dragon dopehead.

>I'm going to do weaponized narcotics recreationally.

seems like a great idea bro.

/thread
Good luck, OP.

Mdma is suppose to be way more neurotoxic, I highly doubt doing it one time will have a lot of adverse effects. Meth gets too much of a bad rap, I've only tried it once, been sober for 4 days now and only wanted to do it further because I have so much at home now and I love doing drugs. But since the comedown is sucks so much I'd rather do Ketamine which you can do all day, every day and it makes you feel better the days after I'd rather do that. I think I am going to stay away from heroin, seems like a really bad idea, did meth at a party and it seems like a party drug. People do amphetamines for months and meth is basically just a stronger version so..

Best advice on the internet. Just make sure you have 100s of 1000s of dollars to keep it up. Oh, and don't plan on living the average lifespan.

The Aztecs did mushrooms a lot and they were cannibals, doesn't mean mushrooms makes you a cannibal...

>bad advice at its core
Yup why not pick up a meth and heroin at the same time.. Come on bruhs, stop making heroes...

Not true about ketamine. I had an almost unlimited supply a few years ago and you definitely build up a tolerance to the point where it just stops working.

Can I have your car before you sell it?

Oh, and my brain felt like Swiss cheese after all that special k.

That might be so, but you can use it for a long time without frying your brain. Meth seems to be a different story, done MDMA a few times before which is suppose to be far more dangerous when it comes to brain damage. Ketamine psychosis is pretty much a given if you do it for a long time tho...

Ever heard of Rat Park, OP?

i'm sure taking hallucinogenic drugs didn't exactly help their state of mind

Yeah, I mean ketamine is a close cousin to PCP and that shit has fried countless heads.

Not in that culture... But anything can be abused. Seems like a lot of people are talking bullshit about meth just because of the scare stories, I would like to get some actual facts.

Of course it did. Haven't you ever watched Xavier Renegade Angel?

No scientific evidence that ketamine harms the brain, the studies show that ketamine can actually re-grow damaged brain cells so...But yeah, ketamine can fuck you up mentally for a while no doubt, had psychosises on that and it aint fun...

new meth discussion

Tobacco was like in the biggest demand during most wars...."weaponized tobacco", much bad, so dangerous...

Reminder: this very website recommends people to kill themselves.

Kek! Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. Like I said, I don't trust these people to piss on me if I was on fire. //OP

If you've done so many drugs that you forgot what Erowid is, it might be time to sober up.

Is it true that k can make your heart stop?
I never heard of that until recently, apparently somebody I know knows a chick who died from that this way. Is that really true?

> "I'm not addicted!"
> "Is it really so bad when I do it again???"

Always a strange feeling to watch someone's life ending right before their eyes and they don't even know it.

It's not about brain damage you fucking idiot. It fundamentally changes how your brain functions and how you think. You really think anyone addicted to a drug had a moment where they went oh shit I'm getting addicted better stop!' Think about it. Would it really be such a fucking pandemic if it wasn't so bad? Do you really think you have better self control than all the people who got addicted?

No. They always start exactly the way you're talking. "I only want to do it because I have it here anyway. I don't have to but it would be a waste. It's really not as bad as people say it is." You're not going to admit it because you're already addicted to some degree, and your brain is going to trick you into anything in order to convince you to use again. Until you can use 'well now I'm so addicted I could never stop on my own' as an excuse, then you'll use that.

I have to believe on some level you know you're being dumb or you wouldn't have posted here. Listen if you use again I'd honestly start looking into rehab programs because by the time you make it up their waiting list your addiction will probably be in full force.

Ketamine is quite harmless according to case studies seeing as to how it is administered to both babies and animals alike. Done a lot of K in my day and never had any problems, but don't take my word for it. Cocaine and amphetamines are way for harmful.

Ketamine is quite harmless according to case studies seeing as to how it is administered to both babies and animals alike. Done a lot of K in my day and never had any problems, but don't take my word for it. Cocaine and amphetamines are way more harmful.

/thread

I think you have serious case of "anecdotal syndrome", you've seen people get fucked up on meth and probably most people who do it regularly enough for you to notice are quite fucked up. But doing any drug is not gonna send your life into a downward spiral... That is just the people that you most often see and that are showcased as well..

The moment you ingest a substance that isn't suppose to be in your body naturally you disrupt homeostasis. Your body will feel discomfort until it returns to normal, but that pain is a sign that your body is healing. Remember this for when you become addicted.

Alright, thanks for your input.

Can you post a picture of your face + body? Boys who do meth are kind of my thing

Kek

such an overpower of micro sterile science vs gore evolution

OP HERE

Quincy?

Yeah because posting anything personal on Sup Forums is safe.. Probably gonna end up in someones "to rape list". I don't do meth, I've done it once and that was last weekend. Sorry to get your hopes up, I am sure you will find that special tweaker for you someday :) //OP

I had access to vast amounts of meth before 1990 and I can tell you the government created the poison that they call meth now, they banned the chemicals to make clean non-addictive meth

#Conspiracytime, get your tinfoil hats.

don't worry bro i got all the tweaker mancandy i need!

I believe it. Who would be able to fight that? Nobody can protest that, so it might actually be true.
We may never know.

I hope you are not OP. Because if you ARE OP and you're already on this line of thinking there's nothing we can do to help you at this point.

If you want to prove it to yourself, then go the next 3 months without doing meth, you're addicted. Give yourself a hard time limit you don't let yourself 'logic' out of. You're assuming their aren't numbers to back up meth's addictiveness, so ask yourself "What proof would I have to see to believe meth is as addictive as its made out to be?" and if you can't think of anything, or would dismiss any clinical studies or statistics because they're 'biased' then take a step back.

Addiction is not an emotion. It is a pattern of giving into desire to avoid the effects of withdrawal. When you first start out, that desire and those effects of withdrawal are so minor and insidious you do not notice them. They just feel like the same desire you'd feel to play a videogame or jerk off. It's just enough to convince yourself it isn't a threat and give into desire. To convince yourself it IS the same type of desire as boredom or horniness.

Give me like literally 3 mintues to find you some academic studies. I don't normally go out of my way like this but if you genuinely are receptive to information then I'll do it.

P2P and ether based meth is gone
I could snort an 1/8 gram and be up for 24 hours and not feel like shit and see shadow people
get 8 hours of sleep and feel normal

Well I am gonna stay away from it for a long time since I've heard your tolerance is lasts for 2 weeks or so and I hate wasting drugs. Seeing as to how MDMA is suppose to be more toxic and I've done that a lot in the past (with breaks ofc) I just wanted to stay safe you know. Only kept to psychedelics in the past for addiction and safety reasons, but I've got 700mg of meth at home atm and I don't know what to do with it. Been sober for 5 days now since my first dose, only felt occasional cravings bc of boredom (pretty much every drug I use is because of this so no biggie I say), don't really give a fuck about brain damage, my IQ is already way to high (Look up IQ and drug use) that I really wouldn't mind becoming a lot dumber, but becoming less happy with it fucking up your dopamine receptors, that just isn't for me.. Life is hard enough without it.

Meth is only suppose to last between 6-12 hours, if you are up for 24 hours then you are probably abusing it.

I have never done meth but i have done about 400mg of vyvvanse, which i assume is somewhere close to a small hit of meth. it took me days to recover but i do feel ive regained my full brain potential. That said, i only do stims like 3 times a year and no where near as much as i took that day.

Does anybody have a solid website to watch TV shows on like (Kimcartoon . Me) but for tv? Reply in my thread. The power of quads compels you

Iv know multiple meth heads. And each one is a complete piece of shit waste of oxygen. Don't think it's a coincidence at this point.

All stimulants are supposedly quite similar, meth gives such a great clarity to things. If it wasn't so toxic I'd do it everyday just for that clarity and also the extra energy. Had a borderline ex who did a lot of amphetamines, seems like a bad idea doing it frequently considering that train-wreck of a person, but drugs are often just a symptom..Too many people like to claim that it was all the drugs fault, but the thing goes way deeper. //OP

Meth is cheap, available and easy to get a hold off. I think this has more to do with it, just look at alcoholics. Sure you could blame the drinks, but waaay more has to do with the mentality coming into it.

How's the weather in Albuquerque?

I had a gf quite a few years ago... she used that shit "Recreationally"... then more and more often. Totally ruined our relationship. And she had a smoking body... hottest girl I've ever been with. I wind up moving out of state, we break up. I come back to visit her and my friends... her beautiful DD's are down to small C's... she's lost like 20lbs... covered in sores.. totally destroyed her looks. Took her hooking up with a seriously abusive meth addict like herself... a bunch of beatings and a near death experience to realize Meth is really not for her. She finally kicked it, put on like 150lbs... and took well over a year for all the damage she did to herself to even out. She's been clean since then... got married... still a little chunky... but that shit ruined about 7 years of her life.

I've had to take a few neuro courses for my degree so while I'm not an expert, I did get the chance to take courses from people who dedicated their lives to trying to understand the mechanisms of addiction. And put it this way- I'm guessing you AREN'T well researched into the neurology and psychology involved in addiction moreso because you are making some pretty major claims about things the biggest experts in the world would likely say we don't truly understand yet.

Addiction is not just about neurotoxicity. It's not just about a reduction of dopamine receptors. You aren't stupid, so really think about it. If it were just as simple as neurotoxicity and reduced dopamine receptors, don't you think we would have solved treating meth addiction now? Think about how much fucking money a company would make if they invented a drug you take for 4 weeks that fixes addiction. Think how much people would pay for that. Neurotoxicity is a RESULT of the changes in the brain caused by addiction- NOT the CAUSE of the direct OR indirect cause of it.

Here is a SINGLE study that focuses on exposure to meth for the first time over the course of 10 days at relatively low doses. The effects of this exposure last for up to FOUR MONTHS.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2394729/

Another good review
triggered.clockss.org/ServeContent?url=http://tandfonline.stanford.clockss.org/toc/uacp/20/../../../doi/pdf/10.1080/10401230802177656

Here is another paper that talks a lot more about the GENETIC component of addiction. Consider things like epigenetics- Switches in your genes that decide whether or not those genes get expressed.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3552373/

Basically addiction is complex, it's not just receptor quantity and function. You're making justifications based on information you don't even have a complete grasp of.

I am European though.. //OP

One of my best friends have done this. It does not permanently ruin your dopamine forever, but I recommend not messing with that shit..

Trying a drug once and it fucking you for life seems silly too me, "meth, not even once" propaganda typ of stuff. But I am a student and a lot of people do it quite regularly, I just want it as a party drug. But if it really is that dangerous I'd rather keep doing ketamine or mdma (MDMA which is supposedly more neurotoxic...)

It gives u a heaps better high and is way less addictive if u absorb it via the anus, I recommend u get a good friend to coat their dick in meth and then pound you rectally until you bleed every time you need a fix.

Oh my goodness fucking gracious dude PLEASE PLEASE avoid any addictive drugs if this is your attitude. Like if this were just some drug that could cause brain damage sure whatever if that's your logic go ahead. The issue here is the addiction dude. Not the fucking dopamine receptors or neurotoxicity. And brain damage isn't just going to drop your IQ. There are mentally disabled people with astoundingly high IQs.

The whole point of addiction is that by the time you realize the craving ISNT the same you're already fucked. It's that addiction convinces YOU that what you're feeling is the same. THAT'S the problem. Is that when it comes to addictive drugs, after you're under their influence you are the person LEAST biased to make decisions about using them.

Honestly dude throw that meth away. You can fuck around with plenty of drugs without ruining your life. But no one can force you to do anything. At the end of the day if you're already addicted it doesn't matter what anyone says to you here and it never did. You aren't looking for a realistic answer. You're looking for someone to comfort you and tell you that what you're doing isn't the wrong thing.

do you happen to live in australia? you sound a lot like someone I know

>keeps acting like neurotoxicity is the real problem

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE