Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums,
So I'm a senior in high school. I really want to go to MIT and have been working at it all through high school. Just today it hit me how unlikely this is.
I feel nauseous and I don't know what to do. Did anyone here go to an Ivy or similar? What tips do you have?
I'm suddenly fucking panicked

Look, you ain't getting in, statistically speaking it's simply not gonna happen. So be prepared to go to another University, there's lot's of other wonderful ones not only in the USA but Canada also. Ensure you apply elsewhere is the only advice I can provide you.

Obviously I'm going to apply to multiple places, but this is my dream school. I'm on track to be valedictorian and my SAT is right within limits. My GPA is in the upper 75% percentile. My chances are super slim, but I'm committed to getting in.
My problem is extracurriculars. I don't know what to do

Take this with a grain of salt, as I never went to High School in America, nor do I go to a school in America. Those Ivy League schools want "exceptional" individuals, not kids who can score well and tests and such because kids like you exist all across America. What will differ you is the involvement in the community, ask yourself, what have you done to help others around you? If it isn't a lot, you aren't getting in.

It might be too late, but start volunteering like hell.

To clarify, for extracurriculars, I'm on student government with a shot at President for next semester, I'm trying to start a club for engineering (not working out bc my principals a dick), I'm in international club, Latin Club/Certamen, Latin Honor Society, National Honor Society, and have a star role in our school play.
My concern is that I haven't gone deep enough with any club and instead have too large a spread of activities.
I wanted to go in depth with the engineering club (i was really into it at my old school) but my principal is being a dick about starting it.
I also play piano and percussion (10 and 5 years respectively) and play in an orchestra in the area (adult one, not a high school one)
I also went around the world volunteering in 5th through 9th grade, building infrastructure, teaching kids, converting prisoners. This was back when I was Christian, I converted out later because of differences in beliefs. Will they still take this volunteering? Where can I volunteer that's NOT religion-based?

I also used to produce music. It wasn't fantastic but I really enjoyed it and some other people did as well.

What of this should I mention? What should I leave out?

why do you want to go to an ivy league school anyway? you’re just putting yourself through hell so you have the privilege to go through even more hell after you graduate

As someone who is applying to Cornell this year, I'll tell you what my counselor told me: write the best essay you've ever written. Everyone who applies to Ivy's and other top schools has good grades and test scores, so you have to rely on your extracurriculars, teacher reqs, and essay. Make sure the essay is unique and interesting, and try to connect with your teachers outside of class for that good teacher req.

What is your essay about? I've always been good at essay writing but I don't know what to write about
I'm in love with Physics and want to become a physicist. This is the best way to set myself up for success in that

I volunteered because all kids in Canada are legally required to do 40 Hours of it, but most of us got our hours at Jew camps and shit like that. I'd suggest looking for volunteering sites for your city and continue from that point on, but ensure that you volunteer with something meaningful, in which, you can dive into and explain some challenges and hardships you've experienced and how you responded to said challenges.

Firstly I would stop leaving food out for the pupper, have 2 meals at set times, breakfast and dinner.

It wouldn't hurt to start walking the fat fuck as well.

lol its a reaction image but thanks for that
should i try to make it STEM related since thats my field of strength? or should i intentionally do something i have trouble with so i can help people and get better?

I got accepted to Harvard only to have gotten arrested shortly after. My acceptance was recanted as they thought i lied on my application which was "unbecoming of a Harvard student."
Needless to say it's extremely competitive and I was a stellar student with a wide array of extra curricular activities and community service and I speak 3 languages fluently. Ended up a college drop out in the military lmao but am planning on going back and finishing up school. Maybe even getting another chance to Harvard Business.
How can you separate yourself from the thousands of other applicants? If you don't know the answer then its unlikely they'll notice you
Also have you submitted your application yet? what was your essay about?

They found my mugshot on google images

I'm writing mine about chess, for three main reasons. First, I don't have much else in my application related to chess, so it's a good chance for me to elaborate on something that I feel is important. Second, I quit chess then picked it up again, and writing about a time where you failed shows development and perseverance, which is usually preferred over an essay about being good at everything. Third, I only play unconventional chess openings, which results in my story being different from the chess essay a child prodigy might write.

MIT isn't Ivy League btw. Only Yale, Harvard, Cornell, Dartmouth, UPenn, and Columbia are. A common misconception (people also think Stanford is) but still a very competitive and excellent school

It's important to understand that with your grades and extracurricular activities, you are admissible. It really depends on what the admission committee is looking for when they actually begin to build the class. Even at MIT they don't just want the best engineers, it's often important to cater to the needs of the college you apply to. I have a cousin who wanted to go to Harvard, so in junior year they spent all their time becoming an actor, and got into Harvard on an acting scholarship. He later became a business major.

I also do composition for piano and for orchestra. I use to do it a ton when I was younger but have kind of stopped. I've been trying to get back into it and now have connections to actually get it performed by an orchestra.
Maybe I work hard at getting this completed and performed, then write it around this?
Dude that sucks ass. What was it for? I haven't submitted my application or written my essay yet. I need to have that done by January.
Honestly I'm not 100% sure what sets me apart. There are lots of things that could, but I'm not positive what a college would consider noteworthy about it.
Those, plus Princeton and Brown are all Ivy. MIT, Caltech, etc are called Ivy Plus because they are on par but not the original 8

I was in your position years ago. Top of high school in the middle of nowhere, always wanted to go to MIT, did not get in. Later, I got into elite tech companies and met many people who did go to MIT and ivys, and now I know better.

Here is what you need to know: you are not getting in, but you should do your best and apply anyways. There is a tracked pipeline of "getting into Best School," and unless your parents know this track and got you on it (because they themselves went to a "Best School") or many of your classmates are expected to get into "Best School," then you are not on that track. Basically, if you don't know if you're tracked, then you're not. If you are a disadvantaged minority, then there is more forgiveness about not being tracked. Otherwise, it's generally assumed that if you don't "know better," then it's your own fault for being mediocre and not being valuable to the school to admit. Are alumni inviting you to interview? Did you get an internship at a research lab on campus? Are you easily getting 95-99% percentiles on standardized tests? Imagine there is a rubric for your interests and traits, and the recruiter will check a box for each of your top 5: regional, state, national, international distinction. Which boxes are checked for you? It's rare that students become "distinguished" by pure raw talent. Other students who are equally motivated and talented are being trained, prepped, and presented with opportunities to distinguish themselves, and you are not, and it will show.

But, you should get into a similar school like maybe CMU and definitely a top 20 engineering state school if you are smart about the application process, have great test scores, and do the best you can. Good luck! Shoot for MIT grad school. It is much more achievable if you work smart in undergrad.

current senior at princeton.

My advice: don't pin everything on one school. You're a good student, and you'll be successful regardless of where you go. So much of your trajectory in life is about your attitude and less about being at the "best" place. I'm still competing for the same jobs as people who went to "less prestigious" schools and otherwise have virtually the same resume.

Good luck with MIT. I hope you get in, and I hope I've afforded you some perspective if you don't!

I come from an area with China-level craziness and pressure for schooling, so I've been on track. I guess I'm just getting freaked out that its suddenly so close.
I've gotten invitations from alumni but they turned out to be application-padded scams (thanks college confidential) so I didn't go. $1000 for 3 days? Not backed by an organization? Nah. This was one of the more selective collegespams but still collegespam nonetheless. I am easily getting 95-99% percentiles on standardized tests, no question. I still have time to retake and get a perfect SAT which is completely possible for me. As far as recognition goes, if I play my cards right with engineering, I have the potential to get national distinction before the application deadline. How much would winning an engineering competition at the national level change my chances?

Ivy League schools are a joke in academia. Don't buy into the scam.

I got arrested for possession of marijuana and alcohol when I was 17.
Things that separate you need to be something you're passionate about. Like community service, something I personally don't give a shit about but as far as Harvard is concerned it's my lifelong passion. I started a scholarship fund using my savings for those who were unable to afford college and were going for a career in STEM.

Are you black? Cause that helps a lot. Even better if you're a black woman. Maybe try talking about a traumatic experience and how it changed you for the better. Something that shows your maturity and ended up as a growing experience and shaped you into the man you are today. Or possibly what made you passionate about the field you're pursuing and the experience you've gained from it. Like if you want to go into computer science, talk about a program you wrote. Business, talk about your business venture. etc.

MIT is my dream school, but my dream school is any Ivy or Ivy Plus. Once I've had more opportunities to spread my wings in my strengths in college I think grad school at MIT will be much more feasible, since its currently limited as to what I can do here. MIT, Princeton, Columbia, Caltech, Harvard, Brown, etc. Anything like this is my goal, and I will most likely apply to at least 5 of them.

I'm also not dirt poor but, if I get into an Ivy, my current income makes me eligible for near full tuition. Don't know how that affects things.

Claim you're transgendered. Put on a dress when you meet admissions and talk about how you're passionate about trans-rights.

Not even kidding, you'll go to the front of the line.

Its not about where you learn its what you learn. You can teach yourself damn near anything. I have scraped together 2 book shelves of high level chemistry texts. I only have a bachelors in O chem from a community college, but my library is way past that.

MIT also had free online courses at one point. You might be able to go without going

Yeah that makes it even tougher since there's a limited amount of grant money they can give out.

following up from This all looks pretty good. Unfortunately, it looks like it's mostly constrained to your high school, which is probably not a well-known prep school, and so will not be enough to make you shine. (it will help to get you into a great school, but will not be enough to make you a likely admit into top schools)

Is there a major research university nearby? A big state school is great. Take classes there. Get on that campus and stick there. Find professors (NOT lecturers) and ask around for research opportunities. Can you write code? Professors always need free coders who can get the job done. Most professors will have more elite educations than the institutions where they do research and will know how the system works. Get introed to the prof's grad students and generally be useful and not a loser to them. This is a reasonable strategy for getting on an inside track for STEM research oriented admissions.

He's totally right. These schools pride themselves on diversity and this works. Write your essay about your struggles when you came out and shit.

Only pursue ivy league if you can accept the possibility of failure.
"A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness." - Albert Einstein

I hear you. MIT was my dream school, then Stanford was.

Use your undergrad to focus your studies into a particular research topic. Get into a lab as a freshman, not even kidding. Find a great topic, and work with a grad student on it. It helps if that research topic is also being studied at MIT, so your lab can have a connection to get you in there for grad school.

Since I picked up a writing utensil I've known that math and science is what I want to do for the rest of my life. If all I did was learn and experiment and design the rest of my life I would be 100% okay.

As far as experiences go, I grew up in an abusive household and had to grow up pretty quick and take care of myself. As a result I'm cripplingly mentally ill across multiple clusters, but I don't know how much will seem like bitching about "anxiety". I did go through a period of life where I thought of nothing but wanting to kill myself, at least once an hour every hour every day for 3 fucking years. It was rough but I don't know what to write about it.
I also had hallucinations and delusions for the greater part of my life, and was being tested for schizophrenia, when my dad lost his job and with it our health insurance so I never got the help I needed. Since then I basically tried to fix myself and ignore the black shadowy figures that follow me or the voices from time to time. I don't know how much of this will be taken seriously though, no one took me seriously then, so I don't know if they would now.

I grew up in the Deep South in a HEAVILY religious household, and converted out of Christianity to Agnosticism. I never went through an edgy atheist phase or anything, it was simply me discovering my own beliefs. I still get shit for it to this day so maybe that could work.

That's a wonderful platitude but qualifications are important in this day and age

Both my parents went to community college, so I don't know if thats anything. My dad did it along with the military to pay for tuition.

The public high I used to go to is notorious for its rigor and prestige. I transferred to an early college high school program that will allow me to get my associates with my diploma at the end of this year. My hard science credits won't transfer but my humanities may. I can definitely find research chances though

Focus on having one outstanding, extra-strong point. It looks a lot better than being smart overall and doing tons of extracurricular activities.

I'm trying to do this with TSA (Technology Student Association) and I KNOW I can win at nationals (thanks to experience I've learned from mistakes) but I switched schools so I'm starting it here. This is great because its both national recognition and starting a club, but my principal is pushing back HARD because he doesn't want to spend any money on anything ever. He also doesn't want students to pay for it. We also aren't allowed to fundraise
>Switching school fucked my extra curriculars

I actually think finding a creative solution to this problem would make a great college essay. There's drama, high stakes, even if it doesn't work out it says a lot about you.

re: That's great! Then you are doing the right things, and are generally doing well. Since you're tracked and are already making good decisions, continue focusing on being somebody valuable that the university would like to admit, rather than trying to get into a particular school. Yes, winning a national-level engineering competition will help, especially if you can get a strong letter of recommendation from whoever is organizing the competition. The other advice in this thread: "don't focus on a particular school, apply to many of a class" and "focus on research experience in undergrad for grad school" are all true and good.

Find some help on writing your essay from a trusted adult. Don't write it on your own without getting feedback from multiple people who can help you work on your "brand" and presentation.

Sounds similar to the symptoms of Schizoid Personality Disorder as you're clearly able to discern between reality and delusion. Nonetheless, don't put all of your eggs in one basket so to speak. Honestly, your undergrad means close to nothing. If you don't get in, don't beat yourself down like I did with the whole Harvard fiasco I went through. I should've realized this years ago but instead I drowned myself with substance abuse. I'm almost two years sober from heroin, meth, and weed. Don't even drink now. It really isn't a big deal if you don't get in. Sure your life will be different but there are brilliant minds everywhere you go. The most intelligent person I know went to state and dropped out and enlisted in the military. And believe me when I say that this man's intellect was staggering. Like how you'd imagine a high functioning autistic person would act but he's not. hahaha

That's quite clever! I wish I had the balls to do that. Its too meta for me but I hope someone does this
Thanks, I will definitely get someone to help write it. What should I do about interviews? I live in the South, so do I fly up for it? I wouldn't even know how to conduct such a thing.
Something like that. I used to be very delusional, thinking that the government would listen in on me, checking rooms for cameras and microphones, and wouldn't be photographed outside a yearbook for years. Thankfully since then I have re-established my own reality, no thanks to the lack of a therapist, which led me to reconsider my Christian beliefs and become agnostic.

As far as undergrad vs grad goes, this is completely understandable. Grad is what really matters. My only concern is my undergrad limiting grad school options, as well as the ability to pay. I don't want to blow all my money on undergrad and take out loans for grad. Thankfully, wherever I go, since I will get my diploma and associates in science at the same time, I will be qualified to work as a TA in high school or middle school from the start of undergrad. Hopefully,

You want research lab experience with a real tenure-track professor. College credits are not what you need, and neither is the associates, but that's good that you have it. A rec letter from that professor IS a golden ticket, and even if you don't get one, any experience doing "real" research will help at a research-focused school like MIT.

>> cripplingly mentally ill across multiple clusters, but I don't know how much will seem like bitching about "anxiety".

***All of it. Never share this information, it will not help you. You are trying to make a class jump. Bring up information like that will reinforce that you are a risk and don't belong with people who don't have these problems and didn't have deal with them growing up, either. The great news is that by sincerely putting these struggles behind you and focusing on being a good person to be around who is competent and accomplished, you will actually become that good person and can forget about "being broken."

If you actually have a true mental health problem then *discreetly* get medical help, but *work hard* to disassociate yourself from this world, do not identify with it, avoid drugs (though follow dr orders), and treat this as a temporary medical treatment to heal from any injury, like a broken bone, which it is.

You've already been brainwashed and processed for 12 years. Don't go for more when you don't have to.

WIN. wow, it would, especially if you can write about how you won over your principal or somehow showed special organization savvy and empathy without complaining about being thwarted.

Should I focus on my conversion from Christianity then? I need something for my life in terms of personal growth and overcoming challenges.
Would this still apply for someone with aspergers in a savant-like capacity? Asking for my friend, I don't have aspergers but he does

Yes, you will need to go to interviews. They are important. They probably have some support for different schools. Can you afford a few hundred dollars for a plane ticket?

http:// mitadmissions. org/apply/freshman/interview
Interviews are strongly recommended. In fact, last year, of eligible applicants, we admitted 10.8% of those who had an interview (or who had their interview waived) but only 1% of those who chose not to interview.

What about Georgia Tech? They are prob in driving distance from you if you are in the deep south, and are a great eng school. At minimum, they will have a good recruitment process, and doing it there will prep you for other schools, too.

No, never write about Christianity or mental health. I like the story about how you organized the national eng competition despite pushback from your school. Go actually do that and go meet with some school admins or whatever. That's a great story of overcoming adversity in ways that count: it's about engineering, it's about winning, it's about making the system work for you in a way that helps you and your fellow students also participating in it. Make some pamphlets and go to the school board and be super nice. Take your case to the school district. Make sure not to disparage your principal, try to communicate that you understand it's your responsibility to communicate the value of what you propose and that you understand your principal's stance, but would like a reconsideration at the district level.

Nice dubs!
I won't get more specific than this, but I'm in North Carolina. I'm equidistant from anything useful lmao
My mom has one of those timeshare "free rooms if you listen to our spiel" things, and one possible location in New York, which is fairly close to all the Ivies. I'll probably do this

Unfortunately like others have said, chances are slim dude. Exceptional isn't just about being 'exceptionally good'. They want a kid who made a solar power water filter for Africans, or an antimicrobial plastic for catheter tubes or some shit. It sucks but these days you basically have to already be in your field before you even get into college.

Here is what I would recommend:

-Look at research going on in your particular field
-Look at the research in that subject at the schools you are applying to, read papers theyre publishing
-If there isn't a lab doing something you are genuinely passionate about, you do not want to go there. You WILL end up working at a lab on campus, and what you do and learn will affect what you do with the rest of your life.
- LISTEN TO ME. IT IS NOT THE SCHOOL YOU GO TO. IT IS THE RESEARCH YOU ARE INVOLVED IN.
-Phenomenal research at a state school will do more for your future than subpar research at MIT(or no research at all, considering I'm sure the lab positions at MIT are probably very competitive and you might not be able to score one as an undergrad)
-Do things that show you are preparing to be a valuable asset to whatever research lab you want to work in (learn a program or programming language, do your own research or development projects in the field- doesn't matter how well they work just that you're doing them)

You sound like a great kid and you should be proud of yourself. Put in your application but honestly I wouldn't count on it. The way you're thinking about it now really doesn't sound healthy. Consider other schools, pick where you go based on the research going on there you're passionate about. MENTION IT IN THE ESSAY. EXPLICITLY SAY NAMES AND PROJECTS YOU THINK ARE COOL AND WHAT YOURE DOING TO GET READY TO GO INTO THAT FIELD EVEN NOW.

Chances are you won't get into MIT. Just do really well wherever you go and apply there for grad school with an impressive publication list on your CV.

But I haven't
And I might not be able to
My principal is a class-A dick
Its 100% a gamble, and I may end up not doing it at this school at all

Make dangerous complicated stuff in your spare time. Physical courage will set you apart from the other applicants and if you lose a few fingers synthesizing experimental high explosives it will look A+ on your application. I was disfigured by a rocket accident in my undergrad and was sure to mention it in the first sentence when I applied for grad school, which I credit for getting me in despite my average grades.

If you like physics I suggest you build a Farnsworth fusor and produce tritium from lithium. Dangerous as hell because of the fast neutrons and radioactive gas. Go for broke.

Stop worrying. I hear you can have a nice career as a mid level manager at CostCo with a BS from UMass Amherst

I'm interested in physics but not 100% set on it. I'm considering computer and information sciences. I have had some ideas for cool potentially dangerous machines, maybe I'll do that
Wow I would actually kill myself, management makes my skin crawl. Its a respectable safe choice but its not my cup of tea

That's fine. Go try to do it with the idea that you need to be on your best behavior because you are writing your own admission essay experience. Even if you fail: ah ha! Adversity. Then write about how instead, you found resources to pursue research interests at research universities. You pivoted, kept good attitude, got what you needed, made system work for you, is relevant to engineering, contributed value at end... see theme?

There is probably a school district building where the superintendent works. Take your case there, and start with how you want this to be a school district wide impact, not with how you don't like your principle. You should start practicing talking about your principle without saying anything negative by writing something about him in this thread but still communicates what you want to accomplish and why he isn't the right person help you accomplish it. This is a skill that will take you far.

NC: UNC Chapel Hill. This is also a very strong school. Surely is in driving distance.

lol principal not principle. principle is boss of research lab, where you should be working to get into. principal is school admin who won't matter to you in one year, don't hate him personally, is a waste of focus

This is going to sound harsh, but it's the cold hard truth.

Life is disappointing. And not in the sense that everything is hopeless. It's just simply a let down sometimes. But that's why we adapt.
Do you let some asshole who splashed you, driving through a puddle on the road ruin your entire year? Probably not. Because that would be absurd.

You just have to roll with the punches and come out on top. There are multiple opportunities to be had. Millions of possibilities and variables in life that could easily effect your future. You might get in. You might not. You say you're obviously going to apply to another university. That means you already preplanned to persevere. All this boils down to is something you planned not meeting expectations. It's upsetting. Very. But with age you'll get used to it. This is unfortunately the real world. But you can still enjoy it to the max potential and live a happy life. Die old in your sleep amog your family. You're happy and dead. Nothing beyond that matters. Your family is looking at your shit stained body at this point. But you made the most of it. They'll even get used to your old ass gone. Still lovingly you fondly and remembering the good times. Then they got off and life a full life of their own.

Things will bum you out, but just don't sweat it. Set your sights on something else and go nuts. Keep at it.

A lot of people I know are trying to go to UNCC, its one of the top ones in the state. Frankly I could probably get a full ride

But if I don't get out of this state I'm actually going to lose my mind.

I know my focus is on success and this seems quite trivial but I need something urban and populus. I suppose I could tough through another 4 years of suburbia but this is a last resort

My reservation for this club isn't based on my standings with the principal. Its that he literally WILL NOT let us spend school money, pay ourselves, or fundraise in any capacity. No one can change his mind and this rule goes for student government and every other club. If I went over his head he could shut it down permanently at threat of suspension, and i still wouldnt get the club

I dont know how to deal with this man.

If you don't make it into a good university, it's not worth going at all. Go to a trade school and you'll be making six figures in a third of the time it takes to finish college.

I'm at princeton studying finace. I'm fucking miserable

I'm not just concerned with money, science and math is my passion

Op if you get rejected there is a way you can still get in. It's been a while but basically you audit some classes (which anyone can do) in your desired program and you keep your grades above a certain level. You can the petition for entrance into the program and if you've audited the classes and your grades in those classes are good you get in. There are no essays or extracurriculars to worry about.
The big downside is that if you can't cut it you are out however much money for the class with nothing to show for it.

You will have to do some research on this, I don't know if this system is still in place.

This is interesting, and I'll take a look.
I'm sure I could keep up, I always try my absolute best with that sort of thing

Best of luck to you made, I recommend contacting someone there, I seem to recall trying to research it and not finding much info.

Stop being a narcissistic baby. You're sooking over something that's not going your way. That or you're a sociopath. You're an angsty teen turning early twenty. Grow up and accept reality. People like you grow up to be adult babies. That would be very unbefitting for someone of your standards.

>trying to set up a solid future
>working hard
>blaming no one else for my own shortcomings
>looking for tips to better myself
yeah what an egomaniac baby amirite

>sociopath
explain yourself lmao

No prob if you enter less prestigious place. If u r hardworking, u gonna reach success with any education. If not, you will not finish MIT (if it accepts you) and it'll be the same as if you did not go to it.

I'm just worried about getting in lmao i know if i got in i can do well

holyshit lol you actually took the time to reply to someone like this? i mean its true but youre wasting your breath.

Preach

>solid future

lol. If you really think he needs to go to MIT or an Ivy to have a solid future, you're just as delusional as op.

..that is op you retarded fuck lmao. but you do also have a point

as a physicist? yeah
if i want to change the world this is my first step

You clearly have a high school romanticization of what you will be doing as a physicist.

if i could figure out a more succinct way of slowing and storing antiprotons and positrons i would have changed the world in my mind
hows that for romanticized

If you write them an essay of gargantuan proportions using the highly elucidate acumen accounts of and the rest are all college preparations then you can. I used too thirds when applying for and the rest if I for research. Getting the quantitative rest for the STEM and into a lab. Exceptional student or running fast with the can be also when it was. Who you am is can be directly coral lated to the rest of your life. MIT with me in the ass or give me the rest doctor.

That was beautiful

You can do the things an MIT-graduate does without getting a degree from there.

Keep working hard, have more than one plan. Just getting into a prestigious school is not a plan at all.

Of course, but I'm a senior in high school.
College is the most immediate thing for me, so looking into future research centers etc. doesn't do me a whole lot of good if I don't have the skills to get hired.
buddy is that a stroke

Hey OP it seems you're extremely accomplished so far. If I dropped my Skype would you ever want to pm? Simply as just a friend to talk to, mutal advice, etc. I realize your schedule is likely occupied enough as it is, so no worries.

Anyone else for that matter? Would be nice to have a group fellow intellectuals for intelligent conversation.

I appreciate it! I don't have skype but I do have discord if you have that. I'd be nice to have someone to talk to about all this

I bet you put corn in your butt.

LOL! What's the big deal, particular school is so over rated. If you're actually good at something, you'll be fine. And if it's really that competitive that you're shitting yourself thinking about it, why do you even want to get in that bad anyway? You're doing yourself a favor by not getting in. Just do something, there's a zillion things in life you could do.

Great! I don't have much previous experience with the app but I just downloaded it and registered. Do you just need the user or email as well?

oh I forgot to mention, it's ridiculously expensive, like 10 trillion dollars yaer or something.... or it'll seem that way when that debt piles up. And here you are posting a picture of a terrified dog. LOL! You just saved yourself a lot.

just be a plumber or something, they still make like $60 an hour, how much do you want, jeez?

My tag, I'm assuming, is panzerfaust #9206

The thing with Ivy League or similar tier is that once you get in, unless you are obscenely rich, you will get massive financial aid. I would be paying

its not about the money its about SCIENCE