Spot the difference

One is a meme album and the other is actually good

Both are incredibly, unbelievably shitty meme albums that shouldn't exist. Ftfy.

How is sunbather bad without using numale

Alcest did it better

Indie rock with screams

>blast beats
>indie rock
What should I check out from Alcest?

Aesthethica at least has more than one song, everything after dream house (the best song, by the way) on SUN BAT HER sounds the same
nigga you post on Sup Forums
you're the worst trip on Sup Forums

Alcest sounds totally different. It's way more shoegazy than Deafheaven.

>everything after dream house (the best song, by the way) on SUN BAT HER sounds the same
I thought I was the only one, I had such high hopes for this album after the opener but nope. And I've tried multiple times to get into the album but my interest plummets every single time. To me deafheaven have made literally one really good song and thats it

Also aethethica is pretty cool and if the lead singer wasnt such a pretentious tool they wouldnt get half the hate they do. Music is pretty good, at least this album is

If Sunbather wasn't so popular it would just be some inoffensive blackgaze album that nobody cared about.

Liturgy are terrible and Hendrix is a legit douchebag.

but it is so popular because it has objectively the best production out of any black metal album in existence

you guys almost got me to listen to sunbather. luckily i checked rym and it has a low rating so i didn't have to.

>coping this hard
the amount of mental gymnastics you did just to avoid being labeled a numale is astounding. If you listened through it more than once you would know not all the songs sound like Dream House

I'm not sure how posting on Sup Forums is relevant.

I will always love Sunbather and you can't stop me

trick question
the correct answer is both of those descriptions apply to both of them

>Incredibly dull for progressive music
>Abuses the shit out of Kevin Shields delay into distortion sound
>Think they made something new when in actuality it sounds just like babbys first post-rock band.
>Liturgy has a fucking manifesto about their new cool aestethic, im not kidding
>Extremely vauge lyrics that lacks expression

This shit might aswell be played on repeat in these gentrification starter kit "alt-clothing" stores.

Aesthethica is the logical conclusion to black metal.

this

Sunbather is a really important album. Some ding-dongs took a couple of elements from black metal and through lucky promotion and word of mouth, got their album into hands of a bunch good looking, neurotypical normies. Seriously, chad coworkers who go to EDM festivals love this album for some reason.

Actual black metal fans have been spergin' out for YEARS NOW over this. It's a good way to explain cultural appropriation to dense music nerds.

I love sunbather and i never counld even finish Aesthehica.
Anyone bother to explain the album?

Despite all the memeing aesthethica isn't nearly as tourist friendly as sunbather.

it sounds good

its because trying to be edgy and """badass""" while wearing makeup and spikes is gay as shit

they both suck, metal music sucks. you frickin suk oP

welcome to Sup Forums

They're actually both good. Pretty cool.

yes, viking and face paint bands are idiots
Not all bm bands do that, especially not the ones in OP, saying all music from a genre is bad is just being ignorant

>people who unironically lump these albums together
this is how i can tell brainless drones apart from people who actually listen to music critically. these albums sound NOTHING alike.

aesthethica is unbelievably complex and technical. the drumming is unlike anything aside from some extreme mathrock bands like yowie. the harmonies are beautiful and the production/mixing is extremely unique.

sunbather is formulaic crescendocore shit for the easily amused. it's essentially explosions in the sky with blastbeats
>wow guyz! they started playing a basic 4 chord progression quietly and then they got louder and more intense! so beautiful and emotional!!

nope