Why don't you own an AR-15 for self-defense, and to protect your family, home and country?

Why don't you own an AR-15 for self-defense, and to protect your family, home and country?

>pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

ammoland.com/2017/06/bella-twin-the-22-used-to-take-the-1953-world-record-grizzly-and-more/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cause I live in Canada

Cause my origin12 is more useful

I live in Canada too.

Whenever nigs try to break in, I just politely ask them to stop, they apologize, I invite them in for tea and poutine, we have a pleasant discussion about the CFL or hockey and they they excuse themselves and leave. About a week later, I'll usually receive a thank you card in the mail which I place on the mantle to remember their visit.

Because I'm plenty capable of protecting myself and my home with my 1911 and 12 gauge. If Russia invades, that'll be my excuse to get an AR, but honestly I'd prefer something more like a Mini-14

Because this thread sucks

more importantly, why don't you own an AR-10 for the same reasons in glorious 7.62?

Most home defense situations are in close quarters while you're in full "oh shit" mode. In that scenario a little shotgun is probably more useful. On that note, I love my Mossberg.

An AR-15 is smaller than a shotgun, has less penetration through walls, fire faster and more accurately, holds more rounds and is easier to reload.

A shotguns only advantage is first hit stopping power. If you miss you're essentially a sitting duck compared to someone with an AR-15 or a pistol.

Semi-automatic shotguns are civilian legal, depending upon where you live.

Yes, but mostly more expensive than an AR-15, while still not having the same ability for rapid fire or follow up shot accuracy. Still better than a pump shotgun.

why are you so scared user?

I have an AR-15. I'm not scared ;-)

Walk around your house with a tape measure and find out what your possible engagement points and distances actually are. Depending on your house, you're probably not shooting more than 15-20 feet.

lol yea, you are

True. Some points are up to almost 50ft, and I have a big yard all around.

Either way I'd rather my AR-15 against anything else I am forced to defend myself against. I want the best tool for the job and it is.

There you go again. What does this say about you that you so desperately want me to be scared? What is wrong in your life? What about my topic triggered you so much to make such a pithy accusation when I already told you otherwise?

Do you want me to warm you up some milk and we can talk about your problems?

>less penetration through walls
Lol no.

I think its funny that you are soo scared of something that you need a gun.

>I think its funny that you are soo scared of something that you need a gun.

Yeah, I'm terrified of my horse breaking his leg in a woodchuck hole.
So I have a gun to kill those fuckers on sight.
Yes, it's an AR-15.

If a simple hole in the fucking ground is enough to completely cripple and disable your horse, maybe you should ask why you have one in the first place

>Lives with his mother

Whatever, Faggot.

>you're probably not shooting more than 15-20 feet.

Which is the reason why I grab this when things go bump in the night.
Light, swings fast, hard for an intruder to grab. hits pretty hard.

Yes. It's a scientific fact. Many reports and videos on the internet proving it. 55gr .223 FMJ will penetrate less through drywall than 12 gauge buckshot.

I know it's counter-intuitive, and instead of calling you an ignoramus, I'll tell you why. the high velocity and small size of the projectile fragments once hitting something, and breaks apart into many small pieces that don't have the mass to penetrate far through other walls, or flesh. Buckshot, going slower does not fragment when going through drywall, and stays intact still keeping its lethal velocity, thus making it dangerous to flesh after the barrier or after another one.

Why don't you carry a handgun, Sup Forums ?

( ) I do.
( ) Inanimate objects scare me.
( ) I can subdue multiple armed attackers with my huge dick.
( ) I never leave Mom's basement and she will protect me.
( ) I would rather die than kill an attacker.
( ) I live in a fantasy world where I would never need to fight.
( ) I'm suicidal but don't want to die.
( ) I'm willing to sacrifice myself for Bloomberg's agenda.
( ) Obama says I don't need one and if you can't trust a Muslim nigger....
( ) Jesus never needed a machine gun.
( ) I have mental issues that require strong anti-psychotic meds.
( ) My country prefers me as an unarmed slave.
( ) "Piss myself and run screaming" has always worked so far.
( ) I'm too stupid to figure out how to operate one.
( ) Guns are bad, m'kay.
( ) Not enough firepower. I carry an Uzi.
( ) I can karate chop a bullet.
( ) Not old enough. But I will when I reach legal age.
( ) I'm a huge faggot.

>I think its funny that you are soo scared of something that you need a gun.

Yes. I am scared of people killing me, raping my wife etc. It's why I have the best tool to prevent that.

Yes. I am scared of dying in car accident. It's why I wear my seat-belt.

Yes I am scared of fires, so I have smoke detectors and fire extinguishers.

Being prepared for bad things doesn't make you scared, idiot.

why put a 357 through a 2" barrel. No more power than a 38sp.

And all this time I believed that FMJ was to stop projectile fragmentation.
So the international treaties are wrong. We can all go back to soft lead.
Thank you for enlightening me, user.

What international treaties?

i do

I have a couple. I don't feel particularly threatened and I live in a safe area. If something were to happen I'd probably grab a pistol first anyway. The fact is I don't need a reason to exercise my right and I just have one because I want one and then a second because I wanted one in a different caliber. Seeking a practical justification defeats the point. I'm sure there are many justifications but they are irrelevant.

well, that's how it works. right?

>origin12

you can have plenty of shit in canada

Because I like pistols that shoot buck shot.

Protect it from what

>more importantly, why don't you own an AR-10 for the same reasons in glorious 7.62?
I have an AR-15 in 458 SOCOM.
Is that good enough.

>why put a 357 through a 2" barrel. No more power than a 38sp.

Incorrect
2" barrel
Speer short barrel 357 - 990 ft/s , 294 ft/lbs
Speer short barrel 38spl+p - 860ft/s, 220 ft/lbs

4" barrel
Speer std 38spl+p - 945 ft/s, 248 ft/lbs

1/3 more muzzle energy is kinda significant.

I love guns but absolutely hate the NRA. Isn't that some shit?

AR is cool guy. Eh goes pew pew pew and doesnt afraid of anything.

I stand corrected. That must kick like a motherfucker.

Because like most of you here, I'm an overweight faggot that would probably hyperventilate at the first sign of danger.
So id rather just live in the safety of my room at my parents house in the suburbs.

you could still have a gun in the basement with you

I was actually thinking of joining one of those patriot groups on Facebook and go shooting and camping with them so I can be ready when shit hits the fan.

areet u a little old for boy scouts?

Well then how you propose I get the tactical experience I need?

i do, because i live in alaska where a grizzly bear or mountain lion could intrude on my property at any time

just watch youtube videos and play cowadoody

AR-15s have replaced Katanas as the weapon of choice for fedora friends

Nothing which needs a AR-15

Get the ar. Mini 14 is chambered only in .223. Ars tend to be 5.56 which can handle both cals.

>5.56 vs bear

Youre thinking of the mosin

Cuz an ak suits me better

>not knowing shit about guns

ammoland.com/2017/06/bella-twin-the-22-used-to-take-the-1953-world-record-grizzly-and-more/

She shot at the side of the bears head. Knowing animal anatomy very well (she was an experienced trapper, and had skinned hundreds, perhaps thousands of animals) she knew exactly where to aim to penetrate the skull at its weakest point.

She shot, the bear dropped. It was huge. She went to the bear and fired the rest of the .22 long cartridges that she had, loading the single shot rifle repeatedly, to “pay the insurance” as Peter Hathaway Capstick said. She made sure the bear was dead, and not just stunned. My father taught me the same lesson when I was 13.

I've got a Glock 20 10mm Carbine and it's WAY more fun than an AR-15.

>wife
Nice try buddy

Lol you don't know what you are talking about. You can get a mini 14 chambered all the way up to .300 blackout, and yes even 5.56

why dont you just stab the bear in the eye with a spork? Is just as deadly.

>AR-15 for defense

Only defense I use is a Mossberg 500

Other than that, AK platform is were its at

not an argument

Sandnigger confirmed

If you weren't, you wouldn't have it

Europefag here.
Cause in my country im only allowed to own a semi automatic ar15

Semi automatic ar15 vs shotgun in homedefense - shotgun will win

Owning a Semi automatic ar15s doesn't make sense at all

I hate this gunlaws.

>protect your family, home and country?
>protect country from other people protecting the same country

theres a reason alot of people argue that guns are unnecessary to civilians. i can understand the police having sidearms and, when needed, mp's or rifles but i dont ubderstand why civilians should have that. i find it unnecessary and childish. but then again i wasnt raised in a country which recites some doctrine every morning to their kids and gets educated with that particular sense of freedom.

If they can shit inside the fucking thing and still kill each other with one fuck Ill take one for the mud and sand

neither is the "this one time this one person did this one thing once and it maybe barely worked so it must be the best thing to do if anyone is in the same situation by choice"

a literal mongoloid retard

pretty much says it all

faulty logic

Because I don't live in a shithole country where I'm likely to be living in fear and have to arm myself to feel a little less afraid.

>how awful to be so scared you need to buy an AR15 to overcome your insecurities

isnt it salat time there? go get your rug before you upset Allah

much better guns for home defense than an AR15

BECAUSE I'M A WIZARD

and there are many guns worse than an AR for hd

I’m a pacifist

bmp

b/c it's just a lego set for adults.

Coz I'm not a fucking pussy ass Yank that needs a gun to feel like a man.

you don't need a gun to feel like a man. you aren't a man if you don't have a gun. guns are for killing tyrants and people who would hurt your family. pussy ass bitch who relies on others to do that for him isn't a man.

"Among the natural rights of the Colonists are these: First, a right to life; Secondly, to liberty; Thirdly, to property; together with the right to support and defend them in the best manner they can. These are evident branches of, rather than deductions from, the duty of self-preservation, commonly called the first law of nature."
-Sam Adams

Because i own an M-TAR for home and a Sig p250 compact for carry. Fuck your AR-15.