Have some OC weirdness that has been happening to me lately, interested to see if it interests anyone else...

Have some OC weirdness that has been happening to me lately, interested to see if it interests anyone else. I'll tell it as long as the bumps hold out

bomp

So lately I've been having repeated semi-psychic 'episodes' (for lack of a better term?) with random people and in varying degrees of intensity. The first one I remember of this most recent (and convincing) bout had to do with a call from my boss. I work in a lab on location for a very small (5>employees) company. This means that my boss/owner and I are fairly close and often talk just to talk. Con't

thanks
I called my boss to talk about some time off, which I had to wait a few days to do because he had taken his teenage son hunting and had just gotten back. I asked him about the trip and how it went and it apparently all went well, except he told me "I think I messed up my ankle, maybe I pulled something. It really is sore". My years of ankle injuries instantly made me think that he had pulled a tendon or something, but as soon as I said this I smelled the worst smell I had smelled in a long time. It reeked of infection and rotting flesh so much that I gagged and left the office and finished the conversation outside. I went back in to look for the smell and couldn't smell it anywhere and couldn't find a source. Con't

interested you have me interested cont?

Keep bomping, it gets weird
I brushed it off and it didn't seem like a big deal until after I got back from my time off. My boss/company owner had collapsed and was taken VIA flight for life to the hospital for an "extreme infection" that had started at his ankle and had progressed into his pelvis and had begun shutting down his organs. He ended up OK and is still recovering but he said that the reason he had called a friend to check on him that day (the one who found him unconscious) was because of a 'terrible rotting smell' that turned out to be his leg.

Anyone interested? It gets odd with the psychic stuff

Cont my guy

buuump

I'm interested to see that you're interested if anyone's interested.

I'll keep going as long as you're interested
After this I had a few other weird but way smaller psychic type events, one being a board game where you and your spouse/gf/whatever have to guess things about each other and apparently we each had the same verbatim conversation with the people asking the questions (about 15 sentences that were identical). Odd, but not out of the realm of possibilities

The very next day, I was driving home alone on a long interstate with only truck stops along it and was talking to my mom on the phone. Now this is a long ways away from where she ever drives and there is no way she would have seen this before.

I could hear her ask my brother something in the background (are you cooking something?) as I passed a sign at a big truck stop. The giant light up sign said that they had started selling GIANT TURKEY LEGS through their drive up window. Con't

This sounds like some bullshit history channel program. The ones where you'd get some scraggy haired American recount their story and it'd do a desaturated flashback reinactment by some first time actors looking for a big break. Then before the ads the cliché voice would say something like "in part 2,we'll investigate into the groundbreaking evidence for psychic powers in, PSYCHICS EXPOSED, ONLY ON THE HISTORY CHANNEL".

let us continue i do apologies im mid pubg game rn

Bump

Well if you're showing interest in being interested in what interested me, then I'll be interested in finishing.
Anyways...
First off, seriously how fucking weird is it that a truck stop is selling giant turkey legs as a drive through item? So greasy and messy and weird to drive while eating... Anyway it was weird enough for me to tell my mom "Jesus, you'll never guess what weird shit they are selling at the truck stop now".
>Her VERY FIRST GUESS?
>Giant Turkey Leg
I kinda freaked out at this point because her and my dad are older and never get out and are getting kind of senile, and her first guess was totally correct.
I asked her how she knew or if she had seen it somewhere and she said "no, just really smells like someone is cooking turkey or chicken in here, but I guess no one is"

>she smelled turkey before I had even asked the question
>noonecookingoreating.jpeg

Cont

I totally agree. I am a scientist and while my family is very superstitious, I don't usually buy into shit I can't see or measure or prove, but this has been weird enough that IDK
Just before all this I blew my ear drum out from being sick and being trapped on location with no medicine to stop the sinus pressure. The day/night my ear drum popped a few weird things happened: First my right speaker/headphone (the eardrum that burst) burned out or died on a very expensive set of headphones. Next, we watched Baby Driver and talked about the whole hearing loss/hum in the drum/etc and how bad it would suck to be deaf in an ear. The last clue I got leading up to my ear blowing out was the episode of Archer in which he blows out his RIGHT ear drum. Lots of weird coincidences with no explanation...

I have a theory about this because i have been in the same boat and it is kind of freaky...

Sounds like a straight lie, but go on

Im interested in it, because I normally blow this stuff off as coincidence but there have been enough things that have convinced me otherwise.

Last part incoming...

This reminds me of a couple days ago.
> I was jaywalking in my new boots, quoting a rapper
> "my shoes are clean girl how about yours here we are sitting on the bathroom floor"

the chorus of the song is "those are your shoes? well these are my shoes, and we've got issues."

>as I was jaywalking, a bus took a left turn, revealing to ma banner that said "we've got issues" for a half second.

> i almost brush it off, thinking I hallucinated it, but later saw the same ad on the city bus!

i was tickled

Coincedences, man. Or maybe something Godly is telling you something. Either way, what are the odds?

HOLEEE FUCK!!!!! You are a long winded bastard.

It's ok if you don't believe me, I have nothing to prove, just a bunch of weird shit that has been happening that I can't explain away and figured I'd post it just to see if there's anyone else that has experienced anything similar. It's all 100% true (at least as I remember it, but it was recent so I don't doubt that part of it)

The weirdest came in the form of 2 dreams, one in the midst of all of the aforementioned and one night before last. The first dream had to do with a friend and scientist I collaborate with ~2 months out of the year. I've known him for years and consider him a close friend, but generally only talk to him around the time that we collaborate. I have had an email ready to send for months that for whatever reason I could never bring myself to send. I should have sent it months before but it felt weird to do so this year. Not long after, I had a dream about him (we'll call him Matt, he's high profile enough you could figure out who I am by looking up his death) in which i mentioned I had an email for him, in which he replied "I won't see it until after I'm dead anyways".

He died 5 days later

Con't one last one

>something odd happened
>the end
short enough for you?

so the weirdest and one I don't know what to make of happened a couple of nights ago. I passed out at a weird hour on the couch (1:30 in the afternoon) and dreamed that it was my job to find *Matt*. I searched and I searched but it was all through ghettos and dirty streets. Finally I found him. He was walking down the street, obviously confused but recognized me. He asked what was going on and where he was. I made small talk but kept feeling a weird urge to tell him about his death, like I was there to give him the message. He was talking a mile a minute (like he always did) and suddenly I couldn't hold it in any more and blurted out "You're dead, Matt. I'm sorry but I wasn't sent here to talk, I can't talk any more but you are dead. I'm so sorry". With that he turned white as a ghost and asked what he was supposed to do next. It was clear he was lost (he was a big atheist, but went to church with his family when he was younger) and had no clue where to go. I never believed in Purgatory, but whatever I walked through in my dream was exactly as I would imagine it being. I was pulled away from him, seeing his face of disbelief and despair as I left. I woke up and haven't slept much since

Maybe you are. Maybe you aren't. It's weird to think about stuff like this, because if you open up this door a gazillion questions will arise, none of which can be answered by anyone

that's why I posted it here. I really don't care if this moves or impresses anyone but it's been eating away at me since it happened. I can't tell his family (obviously) or many of our mutual friends because they are hardcore scientists that refuse to believe this sort of thing, despite the evidence.

It feels like I had to go tell my friend that he was stuck in Purgatory forever (which I honestly never believed in until now), and I feel a weird connection to people's thoughts. It def. comes and goes but it scares the hell out of me

Maybe go talk to a medium about it? Can't really help out on this one. Sounds like your brain is having a hard time processing his death, and maybe that's the reason you passed out and had the dream

If you look up purgatory, people can get out of it apparently. Don't know what trials they have to go through though

Even if purgatory was real, you'd have to deduce it was actually purgatory you believe you saw and then you'd have to deduce which religion was the right one and then you'd have to assume that what you witnessed was part of any religion at all.

I'm not saying you're not a scientist but if you used scientific method to analyse what you saw then you'll see that you're jumping way ahead swith assumptions.

Maybe you're right. It was the dream prior to his death that makes it weird to me
How? Is it penance? Changing beliefs? Is it like prison where you just serve time? I'm personally a fairly devout christian but I don't like church and have never believed in Purgatory. It felt like a prison visit where I didn't belong and wasn't allowed to stay past the point of my message. When I was done I felt pulled away forcefully and haven't dreamed about him since

I've always kind of felt a draw towards god but not any religion which is why I dislike individual churches. While I definitely felt a sort of 'push' to find him (more of like a sort of internal conscience sort of voice talking to me) and the same pulling me back, I never saw or heard "angels" or any other sort of denominational beings, it was more a sense of purpose to tell him and then leave. Maybe lots of religions overlap and tell the same stories different ways, I don't know.

What was terrifying was Purgatory (if it was really that). It wasn't burned out buildings and the fallout of some terrible war. It was lots of people living their lives and looking mostly regular except for seeming very sad and tired. He was a very lively guy and when I found him there he was going crazy with how little the people there interacted or reacted with anything.
I hope it was just a dream or hallucination, because that sort of world would be the worst sort of torture for him

Only such a place would exist as punishment. That means that a sentient being would have to set something like that up as a failure to abide by certain rules hence, religion/dogma. Purgatory, especially seperafe ones for individuals wouldn't occur in nature. It doesn't make sense. So deisim simply isn't a valid option when considering purgatory. There's no rule set to follow in deism.

I agree (I think?). Living forever sounds like a pretty sweet deal, but being stuck in the same life, time, place, etc sounds like absolute torture