Wow this is actually...not bad

Wow this is actually...not bad

It's as close to a 10/10 as numetal got. I bought it the year it came out and listened to it daily for so long.

this and Iowa are actually decent albums desu. everything after Iowa is trash

a-are we allowed to like slipknot now?

FUCK IT ALL

FUCK THIS WORLD

FUCK EVERYTHING THAT YOU STAND FOR

It is. They were my favourite band for a time. I think everything up until and including Vol. 3 is superb. All Hope is Gone is decent but their newest album is below average.

Corey Taylor is a fantastic singer, fight me

Awesome live band as well. Self titled and Iowa are monsters.

>It's as close to a 10/10 as nu metal got.
Adrenaline would like to have a word with you.

One of the most influential metal bands of all time whether you like it or not, it's only really becoming apparent now just how hugely their sound hangs over modern metal as a whole
Also the death metal elements in this record and Iowa are directly responsible for an entire generation of kids heading down the path into extreme metal

True dat. It brought metal out of a deep rut when it came out.

Deftones is one of my all time favorite bands but I've never understood the praise this album gets. It's bettered in every regard by thier later material; the mix is pure mud & the songwriting is as basic as basic gets

this album will always be great

it starts with this album
then you get into death metal
then speed metal
then melodic metal
then symphonic metal
then black metal
and then you arent allowed to like anything but black metal

>to be a teen again....

I wish they'd do a dynamic remaster of their back catalogue, or at least their first two. The terrible mastering just detracts from the music way too much.

Just listen to it for the nu-metal aggression and how good the instrumentals are. Even if the audio quality is poor, it's still the GOAT of nu metal. Only with White Pony and SOAD's self titled and S.C.I.E.N.C.E. rivaling it.

Iktf

It holds up surprisingly well for a Nu-Metal album released at the peak of the genre's popularity desu. It's not a masterpiece and it has its fair share of typical cringy Nu-Metal edginess and corny elements like the scratching and half-assed rapping but it also has legitimely good heavy moments.
I'd put it up there as one of the best Nu-Metal albums ever and the best debut along with SOAD's.

maybe it's just me, but around the fur is just a better overall album imo. headup is perhaps my favorite nu-metal track still to this day.

damn, slipknot was the first metal band i really got into and it's what led to me descending into black metal

SOAD's debut is better.

absolutely not SOAD is fucking cancer

this whole post is unbearably pleb

This and Iowa are still fun, every once in a while I get an itch to hear it.

>impllying Sup Forums doesnt judge music based on how hip/cool is their fanbase instead of the actual music

>Wow this is actually...not bad

Feeling the same here.

I was thinking last night about how I'd love to remix and remaster S/T. I'd want to rerecord drums and vocals for certain parts, but otherwise, just get me those ISO tracks and I'd make it fucking RIP

i was already into black metal when i started listening to slipknot tbqhwyf

LIGHT THE ACETYLENE