Tfw you can "appreciate" Sup Forumscore music on an artistic level but it never resonates with you on an emotional or...

>tfw you can "appreciate" Sup Forumscore music on an artistic level but it never resonates with you on an emotional or spiritual level as much as other "pleb-tier" music does
Do I just have to keep listening to more Sup Forumscore music before I break through and like it? Or am I predisposed to having pleb tastes forever?

Either way this album is a fucking masterpiece

just listen to TMR over and over and over again until it makes sense

I've been listing to Sup Forums approved artists and albums for a while, but my favourite albums are still the mainstream pleb albums I loved before I discovered Sup Forums.

agreed.

What I hate is how Sup Forumscore music tends to overwhelming lean towards depressive/melancholic/negative feeling music. What if I actually want to feel good and happy while listening to music? The only albums in the RYM Top 40 that actually match that criteria outside of the Beatles are Pet Sounds and Ziggy Stardust, and have fun finding anything happy sounding in the Top Anything that's modern and not also some art/noise/post-whatever shit.

My favourite music is neither Sup Forumscore nor mainstream. I like crusty old blues and rockabilly and garage rock made by people with room-temperature IQs.

This. Plus, I find nearly all of it is meant to sound dreamy or ethereal, hardly ever rooted in traditional styles.

wtf is this thread. not even meming. i share a board with you. i've never seriously wanted to leave Sup Forums ghis hard before. wtf u guys.

>Pet Sounds
>happy
wew lad

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust isn't a happy album.

I mean compared to Remain in Light, London Calling, or any album from Radiohead, Floyd, Joy Division, KC, GY!BE, etc, they might as well have been written by fucking Pharrell.

>might as well have been written by fucking Pharrell.
did you even listen to the album completely?

It just means you're not an artsy hipster faggot, congrats.

I've listened to both those albums in their entirety, unless you're talking about one of the other albums I listed. Sure the lyrics are dark, but the melodies and the feel of the album in general aren't nearly as depressive as anything else in the RYM list.

In that case, the official Sup Forums album, ITAOTS should fit your criteria of happy music

JUST FUCKING LISTEN TO TMR PROBLEM SOLVED

I agree with this, ive been listening to some of my local bands, and its more of an indie pop/punk scene and I love it. So maybe listen to your local scene.

I've already listened to ITAOTS. The melody is certainly positive and I probably should've included it originally, but there's an underlying melancholy in the album that makes me feel like it's not really on the level of Pet Sounds, Ziggy, or Abbey Road.

nahhhh most Sup Forumscore sucks don't worry. if you like that record you're on the right track

>tfw you can "appreciate" Sup Forumscore music on an artistic level but it never resonates with you on an emotional or spiritual level as much as other "pleb-tier" music does
Necessarily, since Sup Forumscore was decided upon by a bunch of autists who don't function on an emotional or spiritual level

The Stranger is pretty well received on RYM, so I don't know what you're talking about?

How does Sup Forums-core matter so much to you people? Are any of you even adults?

I think he's talking about Billy Joel in general, who is about as normie soft rock as you can get. Not that there's anything wrong with it.

life is not good or happy