ITT: most underrated movies of all time

ITT: most underrated movies of all time

no film has ever been under rated or over rated, it's your own view that makes it so.

if you want an thread about lesser known films, we can start here.

10/10 unappreciated masterpiece

wasn't bad.

Also underrated soundtrack too.

Fucking love Peter Gabriel.

American Pastoral is fucking terrible. Love the book, though.

What you guys have been posting so far are quite famous films. Some lesser known (although sometimes vaguely culty) movies (in no order):
marguerite duras - les mains negatives
straub & huillet - moses und aaron
antonio reis, margarita cordeiro - tras os montes
chantal akerman - toute une nuite
james benning - 11x14
robert beavers - from the notebook of...
jean claude russeau - la vallee close
gyorgy feher - szurkulet
shinsuke ogawa - a japanese village
maurice pialat - van gogh
jacques rozier - du cote d'ourette11. dreyer - gertrud12. carmelo bene - don giovanni13. pere portabella - warsaw bridge14. hollis frampton - zorn's lemma15. grzegorz krolikiewicz - zabicie ciokti16. joao cesar monteiro - a flor do mar17. lucian pintilie - ward 618. raul ruiz - manoel and the island of marvels19. krzysztof zanussi - camouflage20. masahiro shinoda - himiko21. ulrike ottinger - taiga22. jose val del omar - fire in castilla23. peter kubelka - unsere afrikareise24. michael snow - la region centrale25. jan nemec - diamonds of the night 26. gregory markoupolos - twice a man27. bruce baille - quick billy28. stephen dwoskin - dyn amo29. richard myers - akran30. vittorio de seta - isole di fuoco31. yervant gianikian & angela ricci lucchi - oh uomo32. koji wakamatsu - go go second time virgin33. dore o. - alaska34. mercedes alvarez - el cielo gira35. nicolas rey - differently molussia36. agnes varda - le bonheur37. werner schroeter - palermo or wolfburg38. sohrab shahid-saless - still life39. jack chamberss - the hart of london40. hans jurgen syberberg - hitler41. jean daniel pollet - l'ordre42. mani khaul - duvidha43. jana sevciková - jakub44. philippe garrel - she spent so many hours under the sun lamps45. g. aravindan - kanchana sita46. manoel de oliveira - doomed love47. raymonde carasco - gradiva sketch48. angelopoulos - anapaterasi49. antouanetta angelidi - topos

>Fucking love Peter Gabriel.

great despite dane cook's presence

gotta love an op that shits out on his own thread.

Made me laugh
Am i missing something? That shit is a cult classic and loved by critics. How is it underrated

my first post itt was

Tried hard to watch this shit. Hated it. So fucking boring. Jesus Christ Superstar was vastly better, even if schlockey.

That movie is one great big wtf, breddy gud tho.

Underrated, masterful, truly GOAT (movie edition)

I wouldn't say 10/10 but it's definitely underrated.

stupid af. seriously why are they jumping around on the tops of trees?

I never see anyone anywhere ever bring up this movie

it's cause it sucks donkey ass

ever wonder why?

This one was seriously underrated

It's dope but adventures of baron munchausen is far better imo

What was the last temptation?

non-kosher bacon

>underrated
no, it got all the acclaim it deserved.

The ultimate pleb filter.

>being the retard who says style isn't substance

>Herzog
>Underrated

Choose one

Bravo

Some of their other movies get a ton of praise, but this one is my favorite.

>nominated for 4 oscars
Retard.

Good movie

>Nominated
dildo

still, then it is not underrated

>underrated
The fact that it got nominated at all proves you're a retard.

>inb4 redditard tries arguing with trips

trips prove it

are you 2 absolute morons?

>i don't like them, therefore they aren't underrated
Literally a toddler. Stick to your safe little imdb top 250 hug box, normie retard.

>are you 2 absolute morons?'
>types like a nigger

And how, exactly, is an Oscar-winning film regarded as "great" in its day and accorded classic status today, to be considered "underrated"?

Just give up. More than half the people in this thread are too stupid to be having serious discussions about film.

for fucks sake, it would be nice if a filter for morons was implemented on this board.

You can stop repeating yourself, Jamal. We hear you the first time, dunce.

>inb4 the monkey makes fun of my typo

Can't tell if bait or retarded

house 2 is pretty darn good, better than any of the other american house movies

>Nigger
I feel a mere nomination doesn't give it the respect it deserves, therefore I consider it underrated. In fact I consider it abhorrently underrated in the public eye

>8.7/10
>(582,521 rattings)
>Top Rated Movies #21
top tier bait

>I feel
No one asked about your retard feelings, kid.
>b-b-b-b-but muh subjectivity
Literally brainwashed by jews.

id's would be cool to. wouldn't it be nice to know you are replying to the same person? i'm a hot 6 foot blonde female with a craving for cum btw

What a fucking faggot, GTFO with your art house horse shit. Pretentious ass nigger.

>id's would be cool to
Then you belong on reddit, not here.

>to
You really are a nigger, though.

or bant or pol or any of the other boards with id's

>582,521 people on the internet
>kek
You realize it only made like, 7 million dollars in the US right? It didn't have a wide release.

>Hurdur imma leave my wife and kids at home to run my church of the inbred while I'm off to defend niggers from niggers in goddamn africa

>It didn't have a wide release
if only there was a thing that allowed people to watch a movie when it wasn't in theaters. I hope some day technology catches up

So either reddit or redditor tourist satellites here. Just as long as you realize you don't belong on real Sup Forums. Why are you having such a difficult time typing like a white person? Is your keyboard acting up?

Loved this.

Good as a comedy with all the exaggerated wire stunts

i like the complete chaos of no id's, but you might have missed that part, on another note, how would you know what reddit is like without using it yourself? or you just got here and started screaming buzzwords?

you watched it.

>how would you know what reddit is like without using it yourself?
The same way I know what another planet is without living on it, absolute retard. Think before responding or simply don't. We honestly just need to get poor people like you off the internet. You're just smelling up the place with your stupidity caused by poverty.

Nigga u fuckin mad stupid

Sent from my iPhone

>a white kid who communicates like a nigger
Enjoy working in retail for you entire life.

I also watched that gif of the dog being beaten to death with a shovel, and it was better than fat fuck Leonidas crying about little nigger babies

so you know someone uses reddit based on their posts? but you have no idea what reddit is? because you have never been there?

makes too much sense.

>For you entire life
Lol GTFO

do you love your mother?

>so you know someone uses reddit based on their posts?
Yes.
>but you have no idea what reddit is?
Do you have a reading comprehension problem (of course you do)? Where did I ever say I didn't know what reddit was?
>makes too much sense.
You're simply not smart enough to be here.
Why are you white knighting for another man? Wasn't your father around to teach you that's not how men act? Why are you pointing out a typo as if you have a relevant argument to make? You're not even white enough to end sentences with punctuation.

Why is everyone under the age of 25 a nigger these days? Didn't any of you come from decent families? That's a rhetorical question, idiots.

>Where did I ever say I didn't know what reddit was?

what's your favorite sub?

Dersu Uzala
The triplets of belleville
biozombie
wild bill
i sell the dead
attack the block
a most violent year
All is lost
Waltz with bashir
shottas
shotgun hobo
Rumble Fish
once were warriors

>reddit spacing
>implying you have to go to or participate in reddit to have seen reddit
I'm sorry you haven't figured out that you lost yet. I actually feel bad for your parents for harboring hope for your future all those years ago.

>shotgun hobo
*Hobo with a Shotgun

damn right, i dun goofed

Dunno about the rest but Belleville and Waltz with Bashir are well known in the animation world

>>reddit spacing

i honestly don't know what that means, is it a reddit thing that you tried to bring to Sup Forums?

So not among actual adults then.