Any mechanics here? My transmission fluid is pretty dirty..somewhere between the left and middle in this pic...

Any mechanics here? My transmission fluid is pretty dirty..somewhere between the left and middle in this pic. I'm not havinformation any noticeable transmission problems as yet...should I do a flush or just do a change ie: drain and fill without flushing the actual inside of the tranmission completely

Other urls found in this thread:

m.soundcloud.com/user-205633393/buried-and-gone
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

* not having any

Miles on the fluid?

Either really tbh. Flush if it's easy enough, but a drain and fill will suffice. What car is it?

Reason I'm asking is that I've heard that a flush when your old oil is pretty bad can really fuck things up

How many miles on the car

I couldn't tell you..just acquired the car off my old lady ..she would have no idea and there's no service record

210 000 kms

Just flush it if you're that worried

I've heard that can damage the transmission ..that's what I'm asking

The old "flushing kills your transmission" thing is a meme. If the friction material suspended in your fluid was the only thing keeping your trans operational, it was about to give out within maybe the next 500 miles. Get some fresh fluid in there however you can.

Does it smell burnt? If not then just replace it, some flushes can be rough.

I drain and refill mine every 30k. I can only get about half out by draining it but I think its good enough

OK..that's what my mechanic said as well..but everything online says don't flush whatever you do lol

Flushing high mileage is fine. People that say it isn't are the ones who don't want to pay for it.

If there is metal in the fluid you are fucked. Otherwise it doesn't matter.

it needs to be flushed
>pull trans dipstick out
>grab garden hose
>place nozzle of hose onto the dipstick tube
>turn garden hose full blast
>let run until everything black flushes out
>drive around for at least 20 miles while water is still in trans to make sure its nice and clean
>replace water with new trans fluid
Certified Mechanic here.

Don't suppose anyone here knows a way of repairing a fuel pump? Think it's gone in an Audi I bought recently and don't really want to shell out for a new one.

>in an Audi
you got it, audi is the problem

Replace it yourself. Just read a guide

Finally a serious reply

>remove entire fuel tank
>for best results use a angle grinder
>fuel pump is located inside fuel tank
>remove the floater arm from fuel tank
>reach in and pull fuel pump out
always do the procedure inside a closed room. you don't want any outside contaminants to get inside of the tank and ruing brand new pump

I was looking for a way to repair a fucked one. it's not hard to replace one. Parts are costly for Audis is all.

On older transmissions, flushing and putting in fresh fluid can finish off old seals. A fluid change is less risky since some old fluid will dilute the fresh stuff.

If it smells burnt or there is a lot of metal on the magnet, just start putting money aside for a rebuild.

It's a 1.9 TDI, don't think it would go up even if I did use an angle grinder.

>Drain and fill car
>100 miles later
>Drain and fill car again
>100 miles later
>Drain and fill car again
>Do this minimum 5X

It'll give you the exact same result as a professional flush with a t-tek machine.

Well if the internals are fucked you can try a junkyard

Don't bother flushing, it's a waste.
Just drain and refill as directed in your service manual. Sure, some in the torque converter will remain. Just change again at a later date.
You should have the pan dropped the first time and have the filter/screen cleaned. Next time just use a suction gun to pull from the fill tube and replace with the same amount.
pic related

You may find that there's more than one.
One near, or even in, the tank to get the fuel up to the engine and one to run the injection system.

>push off cliff
>buy new car
thanks for the update user

Can you tell me how to grow crystals using only household materials?

>bleach
>iodized salt
>windex
enjoy your science expirement

see you all later Sup Forumsros! dropped my phone in the toilet. gotta dry it off in the microwave!
>have a blessed day

Shut the fuck up before I beat you like your my wife faggot

m.soundcloud.com/user-205633393/buried-and-gone

5 speed swap
problem solved

ok you will not notice any difenrence in the first 30 minutes of driving but when you drive long time, your tranny fluid becomes water and looses all viscocity. so all your parts are getting a lot of damage after a while, i rather change the whole thing and keep viscocity good, put a synthetic one it helps forever