Its better than this is happening

its better than this is happening

And Sound of Silver.

No. I like it though. Solid 7 at least.

AOTYSO

Eh i don't know. I think This Is Happening has lower points but also higher highs. It also has a better album cover and seemed more relevant to its musical context.
I think it's too soon to be debating which one is better now. Let's try this next year.

One thing is for sure, Sound of Silver is still LCD Soundystem's best album.

worse but more consistent

I really hope you guys don't actually think this.

Sound of silver > American dream = This is happening > Self titled

Only tracks I'm not digging so much on this are Other Voices and Emotional Haircut. Which is okay, because they're not nearly as boring as a track like Home. Still, for me it goes Sound of Silver > This is Happening > American Dream > ST. Have some love for all of them.

>thinking album cover relevancy to music is a talking point for quality

This 100%

This is Happening has Drunk Girls and Somebody's Calling Me, nothing on American Dream is nearly as bad as those.

At the same time, American Dream doesn't have anything as good as Home, Dance Yrself Clean or I Can Change

Home is their best song though

How can you sleep and oh baby are on that level in my opnions, not including Home maybe

That wasn't my point mate. What i mean is that I think the album cover is not as good as past LCD album covers AND that the band is not as relevant now as it was on the beggining of the decade. The album cover doesn't have anything to do with it.

I agree but it's really odd seeing so many people act like that's some impossible feat. TiH is a fun record but there is a LOT of filler

what the fuck are you talking about?

Every album by this band has filler (except maybe SoS) and every band's career seems to lag in their later periods, so, to expect a filler-free LCD Soundsystem at this point is to expect to much, as it is to expect a better album than TiH.
But maybe this one grows on all of us. Hopefully.

They are as good as the best songs on TiH except for Home, sorry im a bit fucked atm

DUDE HAVE YOU EVER HEARD TALKING HEADS BEFORE: the album

Call the police sounds straight up like a U2 song

I like LCD Soundsystem but I thought it was the most boring album I've heard in a long time. James Murphy's midlife crisis is now in full effect.

Sounds of Silver > This is Happening > American Dream > S/T

this desu

>as boring a track as home

I will fight you irl tbqh. Home is their best song.

That said I don't think American Dream is their best album but how do you sleep? is one of their best songs.

>Somebody's Calling Me
Pleb filter

>Underrated opinion

One touch is my favorite song on This is Happening but I never hear anyone mention it.

>BAAAAAAAAYYYYYBE COME WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AND I'LL TAKE YOU TOOOOOOOOOO THE PLACE I SLEEEEEEEEP

>OH DAAAAAAARLING COME WITH MEEEEEEEEE AND I'LL SHOOOW YOUUUUU

somebody's calling me is a legit tune

It sounds like someone is playing the kazoo.

It's Iggy Pop as fuck

I do like One Touch but it's definitely on the bottom end of my TiH power ranking along with Pow Pow. But I think even their weakest stuff is quality so it doesn't really mean much

Really? I think How Do You Sleep? is just as good as Dance Yrself Clean, if not even better.

>STANDING ON THE SHORE, FACING EAAAAAAAST