Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?

nope

I do, actually.

What is your religious faith?

ofc. What else? faggot atheist, Neil Degrasse tyson sucking, anal gaping Bill Nye Gentile. Stop being Gay, get some Jesus in your life.

Yes.

What is your religious faith?

Which one?

Lucifer

Well, I would say baptist, but for the past year or so I've had my doubts about the bible, a lot of the shit it in just doesn't seem right to me.

Why do you hate to think of god, when its the salvation that you want

What doesn't seem right about it, specifically?

I do. I believe he's an enormous asshole.
Truly a fitting creator of humanity.

Hell yeah!

Well I don't have the verses in mind and I can't reiterate them verbatim or anything, but the God of the bible (especially the old testament) seems a bit morally off...
And what's up with old school animal sacrifice to atone for your sins? How does letting a priest kill my prize winning goat get me off the hook for all the bad shit I did that year? Seems senseless and pointless, not to mention incredibly pagan.

I believe in God..but does he still believe in me?

well, religious people see life as a temporary test.
muslims call it dunya. thats fine, i just never saw compelling arguments to believe in a specific god.

that was kinda the reason for jesus/
new testament

I do not believe in anything I would call a god, no.

Good on you for thinking logically. I hope you reach a conclusion that satisfies you.

Yeah, but still, why would God make so many horrible and extremely arbitrary rules for humans to follow, only to send your only begotten son to get murdered to make them null and void?
My main contention is that I do believe there is a God and you can discern the word of God from the bible, but I don't think you should put so much faith in ever word of a book that was written by people.
I mean, the last bit threatens plagues on anyone who changes the words, why would there be a threat if it wasn't possible to change it? Who's to say someone didn't alter it way back when? It is just a compilation of different scrolls after all.
Blind adherence just isn't my thing and I'd rather trust what I feel to be right and true over parts that are in the bible.

Except that he said he wasn't there to replace or undo any of the older traditions, no?

Thanks, I honestly feel a lot better now then I ever have, questioning things and not limiting myself to a strict set of beliefs laid out for me by someone else.
Thinking for myself is the best thing I've ever done.

Guys there is not God, Do as you want, live the life you decide. Be nice to others. Covet the shit out of thy neighbor''s wife. There's no heaven or he'll either but that's a good thing. You like sleeping right? Death is an eternal peaceful slumber.

Yep, see he's right there

He fulfilled it. If you concentrate on its meaning you'll know

In some form or another, yes, probably unknowable and impossible to comprehend
Too many discrepancies for any other option

in my opinion, its all man written books, and the new testament is hearsay 300 years after the fact.

the koran is set up a bit more coherent, but they had a example they could better. I see it as a strategic weapon by a ancient warlord gone very very wrong. A true meme, as a mental virus, with apostasy and shit built in.

don't go for absolute beliefs. That's also where the scientific method comes in. Religious folk think the weakness of science is it keeps changing its mind; its its biggest strength.

Where are the discrepancies that prove he must exist at all?