Oblivion is the best open world RPG

Oblivion is the best open world RPG.
Prove me wrong

Oblivion was shit. Fucking hipster faggots say Oblivion was better because it's Skyrim but not Skyrim.

I think you're thinking about morrowindfags

I say it’s better because the world is more dynamic, the combat/inventory is set up a lot better. The levelimg system can’t even be compared to skyrim. Nearly every faction questline better than skyrim’s (including main story line.) Skyrim surpassed oblivion in one thing and that is DLC.

no arguments here, I liked Morrowind for it's 'fuck you do it yourself' game style, but Oblivion really set the bar at that point in time.

morrowind was really bad, people like it because thats all the gaming technology they had at the time and it brings back memories.

I don't think it even did that, the Shivering Isles DLC was so fucking good.

I agree with this. Simple of you wanted it to be, but complex of you made it that way.
Skyrim took out anything that was remotely difficult and lumped it into a jack of all trades, master of none leveling/skill system. It was a garbage ES game.
If Bethesda keeps following the same path of dumbing down games, I am seriously afraid for the future of TES. Especially because of how shit Fallout 4 was and this Creation Club horeshit.

Shivering isles was actually amazimg but so was dawnguard and dragonborn.

Fallout 4 was a surprisingly bad game, but even through its many flaws I enjoyed it more than new vegas.

Oblivion was possibly the best game ever made at the time of its release, but it sure hasn't held up nowadays. The graphics are bad, the animations (jumping especially) are laughable, the dialogue and voice acting is bad for the most part (aside from Patrick Stewart's tiny role and Sean Bean), the combat is very underdeveloped and tedious, etc.

I still think it's a great game and I play is occasionally, but it's just not the same as it was in 2007.

Let’s hope TES6 has a better everything than skyrim (which bethesda has milked the living fuck out of for 4 years)

Amen.

That's what I find so amazing about Bethesda, you get all these games that are usually worse than the ones before it and games like Fallout 4 get so much shit. Yet, they're all still fucking good games, I'd play any "bad" Bethesda rpg over most other games.

I agree. I enjoyed the voice acting but it seemed pretty lazy in some cases, but the combat system is still better than skyrim’s.

stfu this is Sup Forums, you're not supposed to agree with people

That’s actually a good analysis. I’m going to use that for further reference.

I agree

check em

bump

I agree with this.
Skyblivion should be a perfect modern experience.
I was blown away in 2007 by Oblivion. I spent almost 800 hours across multiple characters in Oblivion. I think I ended Skyrim with a little over 100 hours and one character and never returned. It just wasn't the same and definitely not what I was hoping for.

It was revolutionary for 2007, Bethesda had its golden age with tes4 and fo3

welp thanks Sup Forums, i was expecting skyrimfags all across this post. i would post in Sup Forums but theyre all fucked. plus im banned from Sup Forums

So true.

Good thread, OP. I, too, am glad to see the love for Oblivion.

Same here, played Oblivion at least 10 times as much as Skyrim. I admit that Skyrim is objectively better in most aspects, but it just never really did it for me like Oblivion. Same with Witcher 3... great game, but got tired of it after about 30 hours.

Oblivion goes skrrraaaaaa, pa pa ka ka ka, NO KETCHUP

R A W S A U C E

See I liked New Vegas more. Mostly because I didn’t feel as restricted as I did with 4. I felt like my actions... mattered more if that makes sense

Never played witcher 3 so i cant argue, witcher 2 was absolue button spamming trash it felt like a lord of the rings styled x men combat game. Like runescape meets Wolverine Origins for xbox 360

Yeah I understand. I just hated new vegas as a game in the objective sense. It still left an impact though, not completely forgettable.

Arks better you cunny

kill yourself