If the USA started pouring a fuck load of money into their soccer team as much as they do for Baseball/Gridiron...

If the USA started pouring a fuck load of money into their soccer team as much as they do for Baseball/Gridiron football/Basketball that they would be one of the worlds top teams?

Other urls found in this thread:

espn.co.uk/video/clip?id=19032883
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not necessarily.

It starts at youth level. Most athletic boys are not committed to soccer. They may play a year or two when younger but once middle school rolls around they are involved in football, baseball, and basketball. This poaches the youth level soccer teams of a huge amount of potential talent.

Add on to that the fact that training programs for soccer here are less rigorous and things like soccer academies are almost nonexistent, you would need to do a lot more than just toss money at it to change the dynamic.

you need more poverty

The National Team? Absolutely not. That's not how it works.

Money isn't going to make the players on the National Team perform any better, nor is it likely to lure in 'better' players, because almost by default a National Team has the best players of the given nation. You might improve the equipment and facilities, you might bolster the youth programs, but all of it is negligible.

If you're going to throw that 'fuck load of money' at something to improve the National Team, then you need to do it at the Domestic level. Make those leagues profitable enough that more and more of the better talented kids gravitate to the sport. That at least will see results, though not for a generation or so.

Yes. We produce the greatest athletes in the world

they have nothing to do until the majority of ameifat kids play it in their free time while growing up

You need an efficient system, not just senselessly throwing money like Chinese and Arab tycoons do. Look at the Swedish or Dutch football schools, they will have very competitive teams in the future because they care about the youth.

The USA is not a bad footballing nation at all, they are getting better and better.

Underrated

Well, that never worked for England.

no you dont

the Southwest and Cuckifornia need to make their newfound poverty worth something and produce better players

No, kids here don't really play it that much.

You know we do

>expecting anything to come out of this country's soccer efforts

Bruh, unless there is a fundamental cultural shift and soccer is brought to the fore instead of being a dismissed novelty sport, well still be as shitty as weve always been.

>children's sport
>put money into it

but why?

This. I think some Argentine user referred to it as a "cultura futbol" and said that until we develop that, were going nowhere.

Well for what it's worth I think football at the youth level is starting to lose popularity among parents who don't want to sacrifice their children's brains

>cultura futbol

Kek. So you have to develop a football culture?

Anyway, America has some of the greatest athletes in the world but I'd rather they play their own sports. They're fun to watch whenever the footie isn't on. Nfl especially

Well yeah. Countries that are good at soccer are also countries where its their single greatest sport bar none, and also countries where soccer is core to their national identity.

How can we compete with that when everyone here either entirely ignores it or sees it as a sport to graduate from once you turn 12

If every other country started pouring a fuck load of money into their Baseball/Gridiron football/Basketbal team as much as they do for soccer would the USA be one of the worlds top teams in those faggy failass sports?

maybe their clubs would be way better

but who would care? they cant compete on high level with the best teams in europe cuz there would be no platform except for friendlies

so nobody would really notice

what do you mean pound a bunch of money into their soccer team?

Why are people so eager to get Amerifats to play football?

They already think they own everything in the fucking world.

They dont belong.

The youth level is still a disorganized mess, and very few kids focus their efforts exclusively on soccer like they'd have to.

So no, probably not, but well-directed dollars could probably help out

We're gonna have one of the top teams soon anyways. More kids are getting interested in it and we've got a few prospects in the wings already.

We're gonna be good by 2022

I'm going to be enjoying the next World Cup

how about you

Frightened?

This. Its mostly foreigners posting on Sup Forums whining about America's conspicuous uninvolvment in international soccer and decrying how little we play soccer here. I mean why the fuck would you want us playing this sport anyway?

Yes, money will make you good, just look at England.

No, hes right. 90% of people here aren't interested, and most foreigners dont care much for the USMNT so only memelords are the ones urging increased American participation.

No because the talented minorities don't usually have the cash to fork out for the system in place.

Most Americans and American society lack the skills and attributes needed to be a good football nation (a society that looks down upon obesity instead of celebrating it, a system that supports intellectual capable athletes instead of strictly seperating these two fields, a viewership that - at large - possesses an attention span which allows it to follow an event for more than 10 minutes before needing a break and media that are ready to earn money in a more complex way instead of simply shoving commercials down a nation of simpletons' face)

Honestly, we've reached the point where we're at the same level as England and Mexico internationally.

That's all we really want. If we can do well against England and Mexico American soccer fans will be happy

>same level as England
I take thtra as an insult

No. Our league is the poorest in the continent and we're still the best.

we are talking about popular sport in the world . but nice try tho my gringo friend

>mexico
yes
>england
kek no, even if their team is a bunch of memes, player by player they are far superior

No, because the coaching in the US for the most part is absolute garbage.

but they do, you stupid leaf. their players are just shit
that's the reason the world cup will soon be a 48 team tournament

In 30 years maybe.

Cringe. Just kill yourself you fucking loser

fuck u are right

Just like they were better than us in 2010, right?

No. Just look how China waste their infinite money and they aren't even close to being good. The same goes to England.

forgot pic

or what about 2014?

Money is irrelevant, it's talent.

Until soccer becomes big enough here that our LeBron James and Tom Bradys of the future play soccer instead of other sports, we will never be anything above average at international soccer.

There's a reason all of the best soccer countries are one sport nations. Germany, Brazil, France, Spain, Italy, they only play soccer. In fact the only country I can think of that is good at soccer and other sports is England, but they haven't been top tier at soccer in a long time.

We just have too many sports that take priority over soccer, we will never be top tier.

Pulisic > Rashford and Sterling

John Brooks > English CB excluding Cahill.

Dempsey > Defoe

They have better players but it's hardly that big of a gap considering that most of them arent the best players on their clubs.

>England
>Good
Well meme'd. Why does people think this is true? Their league sure is cool and competitive, but most of their players there aren't from there. Actually, the last great english player that I remember is Rooney and he don't play well since 2012.

>We just have too many sports that take priority over soccer, we will never be top tier.
USA actually priorize sports that no one plays besides them. That's why they are so good. God, what other country plays Hockey? Only Canada.

And yet, you guys like it more than soccer, the most popular sport in the world. It's like USA don't even try to play it because they know it's a waste of time, since you guys can't play anything with real competition.

I said after that they aren't great anymore. I just include them in good overall because they won a world cup 10 billion years ago. I should have included Argentina too desu.
I disagree. We are mid-tier in international competition despite soccer being our 5th most popular sport. If it was our only and most popular sport I think we would be just below top tier. Like if Brazil/Germany/France are the top tier we would be just below you guys.

this is an underrated post though. this is pretty much correct, soccer is still considered boring and gay to most Americans because thats we're told to believe and you get made fun of if you like divegrass more than handegg

>we tied once so we have the same quality
colombia could tie against brazil rn but i won't delude myself believing we are in the same level
>hogson
Kane alone is better than any player in your entire history, and he isn't that great

are americans really so fucking deluded?

forget what i just said
>
>If it was our only and most popular sport I think we would be just below top tier

Dempsey has had a 20 goal season in the Premier league with a midtable club. Kane is also dogshit for England so none of his 25 league goals makes him play better for England.

Dempsey was good, not gonna say he wasn't, but Kane is still better; Alli is a better prospect than any american player and Stering (right now) is better than Pulisic

It's cute that y'all are obsessed with us though

Still buying that american exceptionalism meme uh ?

>foreign flags come to an American website to speak in a language that's not their country's
>not obsessed
pick one

>Sterling better than Pulisic

lol

this fuck America and our shit Highschool football hero culture

the attention span argument just frustrates me
it's not like NFL viewers LOVE the commercials, but I'd prefer that 10 times out of 10 over watching LITERALLY NOTHING happening for hours

All they would have to do is make a state vs state league built up on age catorgies, like u23, u21, u17 so on, these would be set up like academies, ultimately taking the best performing ameutur players into their systems, an at an early age would be more able to poach athletic youngsters from other sports, more allure with an accedmy.

No the only true way we would ever excel or improve is if all the basketball hoops in the ghettos were replaced with goals. The only time I saw anything like that where I grew up was in a ghetto where a bunch of Bosnian immigrants lived... but they had to go through the trouble of tearing down the basketball hoops and building their goals themselves.
You're also overlooking how stupidly expensive it is to play at the upper levels of youth competition. Really, it's counter-intuitive.
basically this

We have such a large potential, but all of that is warded off by the paradigm set in place. That's not to mention the NCAA, which is absolutely terrible for player development, and every single coach I've spoken to says the same thing.
>limiting the number of hours you can train
>can't train with or communicate directly with an agent, let alone any club that might actually be interested in signing you

As it stands currently, unless the US finds a way to circumvent or completely remove the 'college system', then we will never compete with European or South American countries on a consistent basis.

No, fat black guys aren't what makes a football team, same reason Africa have never won a world cup

he's right, you have no football culture. It's not about money, it's about kids loving the game and practicing everyday since they are young

it's very hard to be good at all sports because of this - usually you have 1 predominant sport and the others are mediocre or completely suck

This

Americans think football is another 0 strategy sport just like apehoop and handegg. They think that if their niggers started to play it, they would be good

KEK

>oh it is shit
>just throw more money until something happens

>NA logic

I don't understand why people pretend USA are not involved
They go to the WC just about every year and for 3 of the last 4 WCs they went to the round of 16.
Compare that record with teams like England, Sweden, Ukraine, Turkey, so on.
They're doing fine wtf.

there is 31 losers and one winner man, we were the 4th best NT iin 2014 if you go for that logic

That's not really what we think

I'm not just singling out one WC though, I'm looking at a larger sample. They've been doing well since >we beat them in 98. They have basically been better than they have ever if you don't include that meme 3rd place finish in the 1st WC ever or whatever it was. Why

If you hold them to the standard of WC winners then it's not good enough, but why are you guys holding them to that standard? It doesn't make any sense. They've an above average team who could give the bigs boys a run for their money, possibly even beat them on their day. Nothing wrong with that. No reason to ask why they are shit. I look at the flags in this thread criticizing and a lot of their national teams have not been performing better than the US's over the course of the last 20 years.

And if you compared them to 5-6 teams that compete to get into the final, that reveals a lot more about what you think of the US than whatever their failings are at playing the sport

but you can't take a one leg elimination tournament with 3 group stage matches as a way to determine quality

>If you hold them to the standard of WC winners then it's not good enough, but why are you guys holding them to that standard? It doesn't make any sense. They've an above average team who could give the bigs boys a run for their money, possibly even beat them on their day. Nothing wrong with that. No reason to ask why they are shit. I look at the flags in this thread criticizing and a lot of their national teams have not been performing better than the US's over the course of the last 20 years.

because they have the infrastructure, population of athletes and money to dominate concacaf, and even threaten a big team.
no one looks at the fixtures and say "fuck, we are playing against USA, they are hard to beat" it is more like of a chora to do it

We got plenty of poverty. Just look at how many top boxers we have.

No because Americans have good sports to invest their time in. only fobs and 2nd generation fobs care about soccer. The moment they see American Football, they quickly forget about the terrible shit that they had been forced to play and watch.

Same if we tried harder at Hockey. Our youths are already better than Canada's

No because soccer is pedestrian. If Hispanic people are the best at it that should tell you it's not a good sport.

The US performs well in the WC desu. It's like the underdog that manages to get past the group stage, celebrates and then dies in the first ko round. That's the eternal ceiling, that's the most US football seems to be capable of aspiring to.

>its a foreigners wasting their time obsessing over the USA episode
I fucking hate this episode. Why do you guys care so much about what sports we play? you guys don't give Australia and New Zealand shit for playing Cricket and Rugby, you guys don't give Ireland shit for playing Gaelic Football, you don't give China shit for playing Ping Pong.

Your version of Football is only the most popular sport in half of the world, and only 8 countries have EVER won the World Cup. You talk about American delusion, it's your own delusion that places your Football at this peak of the sporting world importance far above everything else. Half of the world doesn't give a fuck about your sport, stop trying to make us.

The average american can't understand that a football game isn't 3mins of gameplay unlike theirs. So I doubt it.

>The moment they see American Football, they quickly forget about the terrible shit that they had been forced to play and watch.
>Football
>Playing with hands

That's why you can't achieve anything.

>PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO OUR SPORT AMERICANS! PLEASE! WE NEED YOUR VALIDATION

Why the fuck is it that much of an issue that Americans dont like this fagsport of yours? Do you have nothing else going on in your lives other than America obsession?

this. 1 out of almost 200 countries in this world and they're this concerned about the USMNT. Shit they are paying more attention to the US mens team than most Americans.

>No because Americans have good sports to invest their time in

Apehoop and handegg? 0 tactics. Why you think they are dominated by dindus

>soccer
>tactics

great post Texas

We are literally better at soccer than holland right now. We have the same number of world cups too

Zero tactics? Football is literally a series of set pieces

And what about 2010 when we topped our group? You're just upset we are getting better when this is like our 5th most popular sport

Soccer is the 7th most popular sport here user

It has more tactics than apehoop and handegg for sure. See the performance of African teams, they suck. On the other hand, 90% of apehoop/handegg players are dindus

Yea sure. That explains why 90% of handegg players are negroes :^l

All controlled by a white man. Trust USA to make a sport of slavery

>all the obsessed foreigner shitskins ITT

why tho? Why does America not playing your """"sport"""" cause you this much bootyglow?

>Stering (right now) is better than Pulisic
Kek

If the USA started a lot of nationwide bonfires with piles of money, would more people watch that than watch soccer?

Once the NFL collapses in the next 5-10 years, MLS will move up to one of the Big 4. Only natural for the USMNT to follow suit

Netherlands should become an ice hockey country

>tall
>good skating culture
>already like field hockey

>soccer academies are almost nonexistent

Good $ for coaches in the states tho, buddy of mine is over there right now & picking up nearly $40k just for coaching kids

>That's not to mention the NCAA, which is absolutely terrible for player development, and every single coach I've spoken to says the same thing.

Truth, NCAA soccer season is way too short, 4 months isn't it? plus they have things like unlimited subs

espn.co.uk/video/clip?id=19032883

Not with people as clueless as this