Is there actually any evidence that can support cigarettes cause cancer?

is there actually any evidence that can support cigarettes cause cancer?

Other urls found in this thread:

snopes.com/vaping-causes-popcorn-lung/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yeah like fuckin' tons

Tons

yes
there is causal relationship between smoking and mouth, throat, and lung cancer
there are other factors involved, mostly genetic
but a quick web search will pull up many papers on the subject

only a fucking shit-ton dude.

meh most studies are either fake or forged by the government

ask all the cunts in hospital with lung cancer, theres millions to choose from

It's mostly bullshit IMO. My own grandmother started to smoke at 14, she's 86 and still smokes at LEAST 15 fucking cigarettes a day

And I see this with a lof of people actually

I think it's more about having bad genes than anything else

You have been failed by your parents, your genetics, and your teachers. May God have mercy on your soul. It's scary that there are a lot of people like you with a similar mental illness.

SMOKING CAUSES LUNG CANCER

i smoked a cigarette once.

it gave me lemon-lime

>i wanted orange.

Logical fallacy. One I saw coming from a light year away.

Do your own research. Just because you didn't pay attention in school doesn't mean you have to abandon the research skills you must have picked up by proxy.

You're a dildo.

Tobacco tends to only increase the chances a small amount. All the pesticides and herbicides they are sprayed on it will greatly increase the chance. It is not monitored by the feds in the U.S. so they can spray anything they want on tobacco and not give a fuck.

light years measure distance

Yes it is.
So is a mile.

Why would the government fake studies about smoking causing cancer?

The government makes so much fucking money from tobacco sales, it would be stupid for them to deter anyone from smoking.
Contrary, the government tried, for decades, to cover up the link between smoking and cancer - mostly for the money, but also because the government wants you to die before reaching social security age.

>combustion
>carcinogenic
>cancer risk

>probably believes traps aren't gay

Get fucked, faggot. You probably think a cell on mars = life but a 32 week old baby can be aborted lol.

America was kind of built on Tobacco. Entire states functioned on its production. This user is a troll. Nobody could seriously believe they would fake a study on this. Science is one of the few things in this world that is impartial.

The most upsetting thing is this disinformation finds its way to social media and middle-american retarded people who live in fly over states believe it. You know, the kind of people who would get matching genital tattoos and vote for Kid Rock. These people are real, dude.

Not a response

as you eat food doused in pesticide

get off your high horse, chief.

Genes does play a part in it. My maternal great-grandfather smoked constantly - cigars, pipe cigarettes, rollies - from his teens until he died at 82 (considering he was born in the 19th century, that's a good fucking age). Although, in fairness, his parents both lived to be in their late 90s, so maybe his life was shortened by the smoking. On the other hand, my paternal grandpa smoked less but died of lung cancer at 56 - his dad died at 54 from lung cancer, my dad died at 55 from lung cancer. All of them heavy smokers. So, yeah, definitely some people can get away with it and got lucky genetically, but most don't. If you smoke, regularly, for an extended period of time you will get lung disease (maybe not cancer) at some point.

How does that relate in any way to what I said?

>science impartial
>hey you can be a genderqueer quasidisabled extrahungry xyzrty(x) if you want

>Implying a celebrity science-based broadcaster with an engineering degree is representative of actual working scientists.

You best be joking

>probably

You think you're better (and safer) than people who smoke because you don't smoke when in reality you're just as shitty

Not a response

But I do smoke.

Yes but the greater risk is heart disease and stroke risk

Doesn't really matter, it's just going to end up as an 'other' checkbox

>implying I'm wrong.

You only want to believe in science when you want to agree with it. Stay mad, nerd. Your water causes more cancer than my cigarette.

Wait bill nye said the opposite so you'd better believe him.

btfo

>we all gon' die
/thread

like hell i am

Pole, probably lmfao

What is confirmation bias?

That was a terrible comeback

Bets
Answer
Ever

A light year is the amount of time AND distance traveled by light or an object travelling at the speed of light, in one (1) earth year.

10/10. Made me reply. GG.

>probably lmfao

it is NOT a measure of time. It is a measure of distance. Specifically the distance light travels in a year. But a distance nonetheless.

Dying is for schmucks. I aint doing it, you half a mo-mo.

No, a lightyear is a distance measured by how far light travels in an earth year. It has nothing to do with actually measuring time.

No other objects can go the speed of light.

Don't be stupid if you're going to try to sound smart.

I cannot attest to Cancer. However, I just got back from the hospital because my dad couldn't breath from the COPD caused by smoking, and he is a tuff motherfucker. So fuck that shit. Though he does smoke over a pack a day for 45 years,

Light kek

A better question would be: Why do people even smoke tobacco anymore when technology has enabled us to smoke without any health repercussions? (Vaping nicotine).

people are forced to smoke outside now, so it's the sun that's giving them cancer, not the cigs.

It's fucking absurd, isn't it? I just started vaping (two months ago) after 3-4 years of cigarettes, and I felt like such a fucking twat for not switching sooner.

Yeah my nan smoked cigarettes then got lung cancer which spread to her blood she had to take chemotherapy and beat it once then with her week body it came back and I watched cancer eat her from the inside, I watched as she struggled to shift the liquid inside her lungs I was the only person by her bed side and I didn't have the strength to hold her hand it was the first death I ever saw in person I just sat in the chair and she gasped at me in horror, still haunts me to this day...also check em

SMOKING CAUSES A SMALLER CIGARETTE

Actually no. There are no direct evidences that smoking causes cancer. Howether, there are statistical proofs that it does: smokers have cancer more frequently than non-smokers.

smoker here
OP, id like to tell you not to act like a faggot
But, after all, its in your genes

People get stuck in their ways. Also when I switched to vaping the biggest thing a noticed was that I wasn't having a problem kicking the nicotine it was all of the other shit in cigarettes that I was hooked to.

I switched to vaping in January 2016. I too feel like I should've done it sooner. I'm getting all the enjoyment of smoking, and I can now smoke indoors and run up a flight of stairs without getting pain in my windpipe.

Plus it's like 1/3 the price of smoking. Here in Canada cigarettes range from $10-$12 a goddamn pack.

no u

There are chemicals in cigarette smoke that are known carcinogens. Cigarette smoke is actually very tiny droplets of moisture. These droplets have a habit of embedding into the lungs and the smoke itself impedes the cilia in the lungs, making it even harder to get rid of the particles, this is why smokers cough when they haven't had a smoke in a while.

That is the hard science. But, the truth to all that is, a lot of things we breathe and swallow are just as 'dangerous' for a lot of the same reasons. Cigarettes were specifically targeted so they could tax the shit out of an addictive product. Which I think is a load of bullshit.

Bro packs here in Australia are legit $30. Vaping is so cheap comparatively.

It's not the same!
Also vape makes me cough at every drag, smoke does not.
1 flemmy cough each morning and I'm done.
also.
>pneumonia?

>also check em
You are a horrible person user.

And let me add this. I know all that because I'm an hvac tech and part of my job is to identify VoCs (volatile organic compounds) and get rid of them. If you're in an older than 15 years structure, have no UV light, no media filter, no make-up air and humidification, you might as well have a cigarette in your hand right now.

But the human body is built to fight such things and be fine, just not be as healthy as possible with a slightly higher risk of random complications.

I guess. I get it with older people. Like, if you've been smoking 20+ years, I understand why switching such an dependent habit would seem off-putting, but when you see anyone under 30 still smoking cigs, you've got to assume they're a fucking moron.

Same, man. The improved cardio is amazing. Cigarettes here are about £10 (about 15CAD) a pack, now. I switched to rollies for a while, but decided to finally stop being a twat.

I found it was pretty much the same. Then again, I was only smoking 10 a day for about 3-4 years, so it wasn't exactly a die-hard (no pun intended) habit.

What about pneumonia?

Jesus Christ. How do they justify taxing them that much?

Also vape makes me cough at every drag
You must've used a PG-based liquid. VG-based liquid doesn't cause any coughing.

>huuur a year is not a measure of time
Get your story str8 fellas.

By scaring the public about them. And making people think like:

>you've got to assume they're a fucking moron
This is a person, like millions, that would vote for a tobacco tax. Because the people it would effect are not them and they're 'morons' so fuck 'em anyway.

You cough when you vape because of Propylene glycol reacting to the shit cigarettes put in your lungs, you will stop after a couple days or if you get a juice with less PG

Meant for No idea where that dead post came from.

No evidence at ALL. So light up.

I don't know how you came to that conclusion. Just because I think something is moronic doesn't mean I think the government should impose more tax on it. That's quite the leap you made there, bud. People who have moronic habits suffer enough, without making it financial. Let them be, is what I think. If you want to smoke cigarettes or eat fast food every day, go for it. It's your life.

Hey thanks! But, wait, can my kids light up, too? When is a good time to introduce them to the mild, refreshing taste of cigarettes?

There are no cells on mars

Yeah, because blacks haven't made it there yet.

That's very honorable sir. But if they promise to use those tax dollars to fix your roads and build parks, how bad would really feel to fuck ol' Joe Smoker right in that ripe ass hole?

Not a bit, smoke up user

I think cigarettes are already taxed enough. If the choice was cigarettes or sugar, I'd prefer a higher tax on the latter. That being said, I'm not going to lose any sleep over cigarettes being taxed - because, at the end of the day, it's your choice to smoke cigarettes, you know? So, yeah, I don't actively want smokers and tobacco companies to get fucked, but if it happens I'm not really bothered. Likewise, if any of my habits got overtaxed - whisky, coffee, etc.

>if they promise to use those tax dollars to fix your roads and build parks
FFS you are the biggest idiot here.

I'm not the one you replied to, but if people are so upset about the taxes, they can always just do what I used to do back when I smoked: buy cigarettes from a Native American reservation.

Your asshole aint ripe, I promise you. It's all dry, flakey and full of piles from the carbon monoxide you inhale, daily.

Because the effect is not the same at all. And vaping is for fucking babies that can't just accept that they're slowly killing themselves so they puff on that metal dick instead of an actual cigarette. Enjoy your popcorn lung faggots.

Or buy them online. Fucking $50 for a carton of 200 cigs. $5 a pack. What are these faggots complaining about?

who cares? smoking is cool and thats all that matters

>popcorn lung

You know, cigarette smoke has more diacetyl in it than e-liquids and no-one has been diagnosed with popcorn lung from tobacco smoking. It needs to be an extremely prolonged exposure to high quantities of diacetyl to cause popcorn lung, such as the instance after which it was named. If cigarette smoking can't give you popcorn lung, then vaping sure as shit can't.

That's actually a myth, you pseudoscience-believing lackwit.

snopes.com/vaping-causes-popcorn-lung/

>hurr durr I saw something on msn.com on a side banner so it must be true!

>snopes.com/vaping-causes-popcorn-lung/
>Mostly false
>Mostly

The official story of the Las Vegas shooting is also MOSTLY FALSE.

What's true is that it contains diacetyl, which was the chemical linked to causing popcorn lung. But what is false is that it has enough diacetyl to cause respiratory diseases.

See:

Got 'em.

Almost all e juice contains no Diacetyl and if it does the seller will inform you.

Ummmm yea. That's why there's a warning label.
>be me
>uncle smokes
>uncle gets lung cancer
>stops smoking gets chemo
>cancer goes away
>uncle lives

Fun fact, caramel coloring in your soda causes cancer. So does aspartame in your chewing gum. Don't get me started on food coloring and preservatives. There's a reason why cancer, diabetes and heart disease is an epidemic in Murica

No choice. Government does it so you have a choice of either quit or keep smoking and put up with it.

Lots of people move to vaping cuz it's cheaper and cleaner, some move to legal herbs or weed, a bunch just quit.

Either way the govt makes a massive profit from the people who are still hopelessly addicted so they dont care.

i stopped smoking cigarets and now i smoke 5-10 joints a day

am i fucked pol?

i mainly smoke hash with cigs in them tho

Considering you're on Sup Forums and not Sup Forums my guess is that yes, you're pretty fucked.

don't worry famalam i am righteous