Which country lives in the past more relative to sports? England or the Netherlands?

Which country lives in the past more relative to sports? England or the Netherlands?

Uruguay

lmao

The Dutch. At least England can still qualify for world cups and be at the same level as top CONCACAF teams

>2-1

outside of football england does pretty well in sports

we've crushed it like the last 3 olympics, boxing is on the up, F1 we do well other things too

and yes england and UK are interchangeable in this case since thats how people from england would typically compete internationally in other sports

5>2

5>4 but point still stands.

Clarify this shit for me so that i don't offend some Scots & Welsh in the future. I've never looked into it so i've always assumed the following;

England obviously refers to the only relevant country in the British Isles
Britain refers to the large Island containing consisting of Bongs, Wales and Trainspottingland.
U.K. is the union of all four above + NIR.

..........right?

Yes
Great Britain: England + Wales + Scotland
United Kingdom: Great Britain + Northern Ireland

England.
Netherlands at least reached the final in 2010 and got 3rd place in 2014.

kek

All sports or only football? England did pretty well in the last olympics

the difference is that the netherlands fluctuate between good and absolute shit whereas england are consistently mediocre

Just leave me be in the 90s where it's still coming home and it's only thirty years of hurt you bully!

>Trainspottingland
I kek'd

How are we living in the fucking past you melt? Our last two world cup finishes were second and third respectively, England haven't done SHIT since they bought the Cup in 1966.

We know we're shit now. But England has been shit for a century at this point.

having the fastest nigger or best doping doctors isn't a sport

racing is a half-sport

andy murray is scottish

Why haven't you bought a world cup yet?

Italy desu. Can't go a day without mentioning 2006 simply because the country is a fucking disaster right now and they are trying to pat each other on the back whenever they get btfo

good old pes

not true, every football fan in Italy is looking forward to the next generation, who looks very promising
the past is just a source of gloating
beside, >we just went through the worst italian generation since decades, probably the worst ever, and yet they still managed to reach the final of a major tournament

I like Italian football. I wish the Serie A would return to it's former glory. The whole Barca Real and Bayern is getting boring.

what do the dutch have to celebrate from the past? they literally have 1 trophy in 1988, that's it. You want to celebrate cruyff failures? it's the same as 2010

Cruyff is my personal GOAT to be honest. Apparently the team kept falling out with each other during those two failed runs. Shame really, preamadona nobodies holding him back.

>possibly would have won in 2010 if the team didn't chimp out
At least 2010 WC brought us Paul the Octopus and US Wins 1-1 and winning the group after England talked so much shit.

With your finances population and infrastructure you should be aiming for a cup not the second round.