If this was the track list for TLOP, would it have been the best short form project of all time?

If this was the track list for TLOP, would it have been the best short form project of all time?

1. Ultralight Beam
2. Famous
3. Waves
4. FML
5. Real Friends
6. Only One
7. A cut of Wolves featuring every verse (Kanye's, Vic's, Sia's and Frank Ocean's)

The scattered, all-over-the place structure of TLOP is part of what makes it good imo.

I'd only add 30 Hours and Saint Pablo.

I also liked the scatterbrained feel, but the fact is that a lot of tracks were just shit, or half-baked, or a mess. And some tracks were okay but were just too disjoint with the rest of the album (no more parties and fade)

>No Feedback
>No Freestyle 4
>No No More Parties in LA
Also, Famous, Waves, and Only One are trash.

feedback and freestyle 4 are the two worst tracks on the album, except maybe Highlights

Take out
1. Ultralight Beam
2. FSMH (Just combine part 1 and 2)
3. Fade (Redone to be 10 minutes and more samples, time in effort is put into composition and production)
4. Famous
5. Waves
6. FML
7. Real Friends
8. Saint Pablo

It's perfect now. Only one does not belong anywhere near this album, not even close to the aesthetic. Almost as bad as putting All Day.

These niggas got it, but at this point, why even change the album?

I really hope his next album is going to actually be pic related and it wasn't some sort of red herring.

I think tlop has a problem that runs deeper than the track listing but that it didn't commit to any sounds throughout the album. I think with the exception of maybe the first 2 an last 2 tracks it would need to have all the songs mostly reworked with more actually gospel-influenced hip hop

Wolves is the best tract though and is a perfect closer. Fade would get boring as fuck over 10 minutes, it barely sustains itself for 3.

MBDTF doesn't really "commit to a sound" either, and nobody ever calls that a mess.

imo it does the whole album has a very cohesive sound and even style of sampling

yes it does u dummy

No, Fade and Pt. 2 are the worst tracks.

When will Kanye make an album composed of only Amiga and TurboGrafx 16 game samples?

Oh really? Describe the sound. And no, "maximalist" and "post-hip hop" aren't descriptors, they're ideas

Waves is shit. Get it outta there.

No it wouldn't. But if it had THIS track list it would be.
1. Pt. 1 and 2
2. 30 Hours
3. FML
4. No More Parties
5. Fade
6. Real Friends
7. Ultralight Beam

post more rare yeezys

Fade makes for a great ending and I think it ties the album out really nicely

Hahaha no. 30 Hours is a joke. FSMH pt. 1 and 2 are a mess, and pt. 2 is just disrespectful to Desiigner. No More Parties is just dull and doesn't fit, Fade is okay but also doesn't fit. And Ultralight Beam is a clear opener.

Fade would make for a great ending on an album about funk throwbacks and weird dance tunes or something. But this is an album about stripped back, tonal hip hop with minimal bass and a gospel pathos

I'd say it's classically inspired slightly proggy hip-pop. I'm not sure what the right descriptor would be but throughout the album the drums also have a very consistent almost tribal sound to them too

>Famous
>Waves
>Kanye's rap on Wolves
I'm not even going to give any thought to how your re-structuring would flow because you already fucked up thrice

>classically
>proggy

Those aren't sounds, those are ideas, and ones that I would strongly argue don't describe the album at all

>tribal

When I think of "tribal drums" I think of erratic drums, either aggressive or more relaxed, but very erratic. I don't think that describes any track on the album

both classical music and prog music have a distinct sound to them. I'm not really sure what you're looking for descriptions of here besides that as by your metric it seems that a genre description isn't enough. Human vocals are a specific sound on the entire album if you want to be really pedantic. And looking back i think tribal is the wrong word to described the drums but if you listening through I think you'll find the specific drum patterns and sounds are common throughout that album

No, but the original track listing was the best iteration of the project.

Famous
Father Stretch My Hands (1 & 2)
Waves (with I Love Kanye before)
Highlights
Feedback
Freestyle 4
30 Hours
No More Parties in LA
Fade
FML
Real Friends
Wolves
Ultralight Beam

feedback and famous are the worst. Higjlights is great

descriptors are adjectives. "dirty," "happy," "hazy" "repetitive" etc etc or phrases that function as adjectives. Or describing specific technical elements of the songs, like "uses short samples." or uses certain instruments. Prog is just an idea, it doesn't have a distinct sound, it describes the methodology with which the artists made the music

If I were to describe 808s for example, I would say it's depressed, heavy on autotune, has earworm melodies, heavy on synthetic strings, 808 drums, grandiose and sentimental. I can't realistically do that with MBTDF or TLOP because it doesn't have a consistent sound across all the tracks

Some terms I have for MBDTF
>confessional
>loud
>baroque
Anyone wanna add onto this?

i love this tracklisting and reordered it the second i got it, too bad i deleted the first version of feedback though, i can never get that back

No.