Sup anons, poor fag here dad is helping me buy my first gaming laptop, travel alot so dont want desktop...

sup anons, poor fag here dad is helping me buy my first gaming laptop, travel alot so dont want desktop, how decent (if at all) is this ones specs?

really like the keyboard

Other urls found in this thread:

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1060-Mobile-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1050-Mobile/m164336vsm211022
ebay.com/itm/MSI-VR-Ready-GS43VR-Phantom-Pro-006-14-Ultra-Portable-Gaming-Laptop-GTX-1060-i7/162727568091?hash=item25e351a2db:g:Ee0AAOSw1JVZ8jfD
amazon.com/MSI-GL62M-7REX-1896US-i7-7700HQ-Steelseries/dp/B074VLX5XV/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1509120674&sr=1-4&keywords=msi laptop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bretty nice, should run pretty much most stuff well on high+ settings

CPU is good, RAM is good, HDD is shit, have a look and see if you can install an SSD alongside the HDD. If you can't i wouldn't. 1050 is ok. It's not that great, but it should be enough for skrub tier gaming.

What's your budget OP?

about $1100 US but im limited to buying in south africa so R15500
cant afford the one with ssd.. sadly

what games would be skrub tier? what wont i be able to play?

It doesn't matter that you can't afford it with an SSD. I got my gaming laptop without the SSD to save money and then saved up to get one and installed it myself. I highly recommend you do this so make sure that there's space for one for future upgrades. Upgradeability is pretty important when you're spending that much money.

This.

SSD is the way to go, and you want at LEAST a 1060.

MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252. Take a look at that one. I picked one up from Best Buy recently that was knocked down about $300.

You'll be able to play everything really but not everything on the highest settings at 60fps.

Find one with 1060, the price should be around the same if you pick one with i5 or less ram. Also make sure the one you're getting doesn't have cooling issues.

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1060-Mobile-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1050-Mobile/m164336vsm211022

il take a look at the msi and will try save for the ssd, thanks
thats chillen dont need it on highest settings for all my games

This

looks like i got some homework to do thanks boys

ebay.com/itm/MSI-VR-Ready-GS43VR-Phantom-Pro-006-14-Ultra-Portable-Gaming-Laptop-GTX-1060-i7/162727568091?hash=item25e351a2db:g:Ee0AAOSw1JVZ8jfD

>Gaming laptop

I know Sup Forums has some of the dumbest motherfuckers on Sup Forums, but come on.

1050 is kinda shitty unless you only play esports type games like LoL / DOTA / CSGO etc.

Look for one with a 1060, that can play every game well @ 1080p, 60fps.

CPU is suspicious since they haven't said what it actually is. The 8th Gen i3s look good for a budget gamer but if it is 7 gen look for an i5 for gaming.

you are poor but you are traveling alot ? just buy a pc, faggot

Cancerous post user. There are genuine reasons to buy a gaming laptop. Stop trying to be edgy.

this

I have a gaming laptop and it's because I'm constantly going back and forth from home and uni. You can't take a fucking gaming setup (Monitor, keyboard, PC) on a train you fag, plus travelling isn't that expensive.

you like.... the keyboard... ?

WHATS THE PRICE YOU RETARDED FUCKING FAGGOT THIS WHOLE THREAD IS MOOT

RGB is what lead me to buy the Alienware 15 r3...

Read the thread you fucking faggot,

what the fuck, disgusting

kek, i actually got it for a great price. 512GB SSD 1TB HDD, 16GB RAM, 1070 8gb, and i7 6700hq. All for 1300. 3-year warranty.

also is doesnt come with any os, what os should i put on it?

Windows you fag. You want to game don't you ?

RGB should have never existed. It's a computer not a fucking Christmas tree.
So you actually bought it for everything else than RGB. Good.

I had a $1500 gaming laptop.. downside is you still need to plug it in wherever you go, it will get very hot, and it will be about as good as a desktop half the price. Your call though. Id rather get a cheap ass $200 refurbished laptop and a $1000 gaming desktop.

That deal came up after i decided on the alienware though which was super lucky on my behalf. RGB is great, it improves fps tenfold.

Here:

Dude my laptop last under a fucking hour that plug goes everywhere with me lol. What laptop do you have?

amazon.com/MSI-GL62M-7REX-1896US-i7-7700HQ-Steelseries/dp/B074VLX5XV/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1509120674&sr=1-4&keywords=msi laptop

Op should get that one for sure 1050ti is a great card.

TOSHIBA Satellite S55T-C5263
was this one but my ex cracked the screen on it so I sold it

How much did that run you?

kys

>no SSD

I think I paid like 1500 and then sold it for 5 after the screen broke

Also OP if you get one of these laptops don't go near it trashed or it might cost you 400 bucks to fix when you "fix" the charging port like I did lol.

>really like the keyboard
this thread is b8 isn't it OP...
if not just don't get anything, spend the money on a therapist and rethink your life instead

Might if you have a good reason lol.

i can get the same thing for same price but with 8gb ram and 256gb ssd

The fuck man 1500 for a 960m that is nuts.

Thats pretty fucking good for the money. Does it have room for an onboard ssd? If it does then it should be perfect for op.

I had one with a monitor like that 5 years ago. You're supposed to be on 4k by now. Falcon brand. I wouldn't do it again. Or Alienware. My old Alienware was acting up and they jerked my around until one day after the warranty expired. Then they told me I'd need a whole new one. Fuck Dell. Anyway with those specs you'd be better off getting a handheld Nvidia shield and using a full sized computer to host the games. You played yourself.

It was good for the time and it had a lot of extra features like ssd and hdd, and touch screen.

better?

Ok now I see the touch screen jacked the price up on it. Wish I waited an extra month when getting mine could have gotten the new gpu. Love the thing but on full blast sounds like a industrial fan and when not plunged in drains power so fucking fast. One time it went from a full charge to 5% in under 35 min while gaming. That was the day I learned to never leave home without that 5 pound power brick lol.

I'm saving up for a wedding in Colorado instead of spending more money on a PC. Plus the new Xbox that's coming out actually has decent specs for my purposes. Gaming computers aren't good for content creation, they don't have touch screens, and usually they don't have 192khz independent dacs for audio. ROGs being exception on that last one, but at that price you might as well buy an iriver astell and Kern and a pair of fostex. We are talking around 3 thousand; right? Only problem is all the kids in college who come up to me asking why I don't just use my phone.

Dont be a pleb. Get alienware

Or this just don't forget the power brick lol.

I'll go be a pleb with 400 extra bucks.

Smart idea

South Africa wtf

>it went from a full charge to 5% in under 35 min while gaming
Thats what every gaming laptop ive seen does. Gaming uses some ridiculous energy consumption. I heard there's some laptops out there for like 2000-3000 range that can go a couple of hours gaming now.

calculate +80€ for a ssd

WELL FUCK ME THEN
Spent 3300 on that about a year ago all desktop parts in it. 8gb video card and 32gn of ddr4 ram. Even browsing the internet kills the fuckers battery.

>alienware
Never. They mark their prices up to obnoxious levels. Don't understand why people throw their money away on them.

The new ones aren't that marked up. They still are though so only get one if you love the way they look and have the money to waste.

holy shit bro.. 3300

How about after market batteries?

No that's worse. Games these days are like 40-80GB. You need an SSD for your OS and a HDD for storage. Get the one with a HDD and install the SSD at a later date when you have enough money. You seriously need to shop around some more. Look everywhere for the best deals, ebay is great. Look for 1060, 8 GB RAM upgradable. 1TB HDD with space for an m.2 ssd and an i5. That should be in your price range.

go SSD, lost a laptop before by dropping it a few feet.

more ram, 32GB should be enough.

graphics card seems a little on the small side.

>moved on to a mac for what i need

Nope also would not use them because it would void the warranty with MSI. They did not like my drunken adventure super gluing the charger into it and pulling the internals out. God that shit sucked to fix.

I get around 1 1/2 to 2 hours of gaming time on mine.

You're saying that OP needs 32GB of RAM to game? Kek

Also don't fucking update windows bricked my desktops motherboard had to prime a new one in last week. Thanks Microsoft bunch of fucks.

>removable battery
>if shit happens, swap battery over
goddamn

no, just saying that it should be comfortable. ofc he can stay with the 24gb installed, just my opinion, you dick.

It's not

>mfw

fuckthat.com.au

2 gigs of video ram, Garbage.

It always stays plugged in when using it. But it is nice to bring VR over to my buddy's house and let people use it.

Don't use it much though only when going on trips or to a buddy's house. Desktop is my main computer.

Well your opinion is useless you fuck. You'll never need more than 16GB of RAM for gaming. Having any more than that is useless unless you're using your computer for professional production. Fucking macfag over here thinks he knows shit about gaming.

There's not a game in existence that uses more than 16gb of ram. He would probably be 100% ok with 8gb of ram tbh.

MSI are pretty chill when it comes to warranty bro. I took mine apart changed some shit and they still honoured it.

This. Even with 8GB you'll cover 90% of games.

>bring VR over to my buddy's house
yea thats pretty cool. You could strap it to your back and just plug in the power

more like 99.9%

Still don't want to mess with a $3300 laptop if I mess up I am fucked.

Not if you like chrome tabs lol.

No 144hz screen = peasant

insure it then.

Well yea you can play anything on 8gb of ram but on some games you will get a stutter effect unless you upgrade to 16. But generally anything will play on 8gb from what I've seen.

They have a new backpack for that you can play VR for like 2 hours with it.