Every major female artpop/rock singer/songwriter released at least one highly adventurous/experimental record...

Every major female artpop/rock singer/songwriter released at least one highly adventurous/experimental record. Joni Mitchell did it with Hejira, Kate Bush did it with The Dreaming, PJ Harvey did it with Rid of Me, Tori Amos did it with Boys for Pele and Bjork did it with Medulla.

When will Grimes release hers I wonder? Is she capable of it? Is she brave enough or has she sold out?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x4k3593
youtube.com/watch?v=Sap6VVrb1Q8
youtube.com/watch?v=P-PHIpYm8k0
youtube.com/watch?v=YSWwVYuqsVM
youtube.com/watch?v=1A78yTvIY1k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I wish grimes was my friend

Fuck off.

>highly adventurous/experimental
>Joni Mitchell did it with Hejira, Kate Bush did it with The Dreaming, PJ Harvey did it with Rid of Me, Tori Amos did it with Boys for Pele and Bjork did it with Medulla

Who's the guy in your pic, op?

I wish she accepted my friend request

These albums are all very experimental and out-there as far as popular music is concerned. Sure it's not japanese harsh noise though

Is that a pic of you? Very loud face

>female
>her
>she

All of the artists you named have more experimental albums than the ones you listed

Shut up you stupid contrarian, your shitty opinion is worthless as these albums are all considered the most experimental in each of the mentioned artists' careers by the vast majority of critics and people

I'll give you Medulla

>Rid of Me
>More experimental than Uh Huh Her

>The Dreaming
>Experimental at all

>Tori Amos
>"highly" experimental at all

grimes

Maybe Gary Busey??

Grimes is a girl you fgts

Just a girl

Gorgeous and talented

>dumb waifufag

>more experimental albums
>does not post any of them
>implying The Dreaming isnt experimental in comparison to her other albums
>implying an artist cant have a more experimental album than their previous ones, despite being as a whole safe
>implying Tori Amos didnt pioneer piano chamber pop

?????

bruh where tf is her next album?

November 6

thanks grimes. big fan :)

That's the digital release of Art Angels retard. You didn't get it at all.

Calm down, Grimey. Don't be mean to your fans. :(

Name one Bjork album more experimental than Medulla in her solo career.

>When will Grimes release hers I wonder?
She already did with Halfaxa. Honestly, is there any other album like it?
Bonus: she's preparing yet another masterpiece.
>it's annoying i know haha, but my albums take a long time to create because i don't buy songs/ hire producers/ writers or engineers. the majority of artists do, so they are able to release music faster. unfortunately it takes me longer because if there's a style i need to learn i just have to figure it out by trial and error, or if im stuck on a lyric or beat sometimes i have to start again. i think it leads to more original product though, and hopefully the fans are happier in the long run. that said, i am making a lot of music right now, but i also want to have more of a sonic theme to this album so i'm using less of the stuff i'm recording. in any case, ill try to be as swift as possible!"
>I kno i've been quiet lately - in the studio every day trying to legit make something you've never heard before. unexplored sonic landscapes. i need another month or 2 of pure unadulterated creativity at which point i will begin finishing tracks. won't let u down
>i wanna be quick tho! my goal this time is to avoid over editing and let everything be strange and free haha dunno if that makes sense.... but also i appreciate these words just in case i end up taking another year. not planning on t tho
>its cool to have a preference!!! i mean now that time is passing i see why people r so attached to the earlier works. they sound like nothing else, and i'm realizing that my true goal is to make something that sounds like nothing else. i needed to make art angels to prove my skills but now i want to integrate the skills w the creative approach i took on earlier alvums. sorry if i was defensive of AA when it first came out there was just sooooo much pressure coming from label fans everybody and i was too tired to properly internalize it all. appreciate ur consistent fandom over the years xxxx

He has no style
He has no grace
This artist has a funny face

>Joni Mitchell did it with Hejira
Isn't Don Juan's Reckless Daughter even more out of there?

Grimes:
>releases Art Angels to pacify the haters
>Art Angels is Easily the greatest pop album of the year, perhaps the decade
Grimes-haters:
>ignore the album completely
>misogynistically attack her for her looks, keep claiming "Oblivion" is her only song

glad she decided to shed the public pressure and go back to her adventurous/experimental roots for the next album. I honestly can't wait

>When will Grimes release hers I wonder?

she already helped me to release copious amounts of semen so I don't feel like there is need of any rush.

>Grimes-haters:
>ignore the album completely
>misogynistically attack her for her looks, keep claiming "Oblivion" is her only song
These haters are absolutely pathetic. They accuse her of being a sellout for making a poppier album when it's their fault for not being able to enjoy pop music. The worst part is that they mostly attack her for her looks like a bunch of cowards.

what acute little boy

No one cares about your look, user.

Claire would also probably attack you for your looks, ugly yoruban

she looks a mtf tranny

she looks like an angel and makes heavenly music

trannys are angels

she's not going to because she's a delusional, stupid, unoriginal fucking weeaboo who takes way too much credit for the garbage she makes. have you guys even heard her trying to perform live? it's fucking awful. don't ever compare grimes to björk again

I'm not yourban, you pathetic jerk.

You're stupid for hating her so much.
>have you guys even heard her trying to perform live?
Yes. She's really great: dailymotion.com/video/x4k3593
Her vocals aren't perfect but that's part of her charm. Not even your precious Bjork sings perfectly. She almost murdered Hyperballad this year: youtube.com/watch?v=Sap6VVrb1Q8 She can't hit the high notes anymore.
Live performances are for the moment. The recorded versions of their songs are the ones that really matter.

5th Wave is far more experimental than anything on The Dreaming.

when björk's vocals are off she does it with style. she does it artistically, because she's an artist and she creates beauty. grimes just sounds like a fucking joke, how the fuck are you gonna compare a modern day weeaboo to björk. at least björk is original and doesn't coin her own genre as "post-internet" or say that "lady gaga did it first" or that justin bieber is a good musician. you grimes fans sound so god damn stupid i just feel sorry for you

Those hands are huge wtf

>when björk's vocals are off she does it with style. she does it artistically, because she's an artist and she creates beauty.
LOL. So, when Bjork fails she does it artistically, when Grimes fails, she's a fucking joke? Double standard much, Bjork fanboy?
>she creates beauty
And Grimes doesn't? Her music is more beautiful than the overrated Bjork's music.
>at least björk is original
Grimes is even more original than Bjork. There is literally no other artist like her.
>i just feel sorry for you
Stop lying. You feel only contempt.

>how the fuck are you gonna compare a modern day weeaboo to björk
Most great artists are not appreciated during their prime. Happened to Bjork too; you were too young to remember that she was seen as a novelty by many people. Her cartoonish videos (I Miss You, Army of Me, It's Oh So Quiet, Human Behaviour, Violently Happy, Venus As a Boy) didn't help too much. Only starting with Homogenic she was taken more seriously.

Imo probably the one she's working on right now based on what she's said about it (see ) The compositional stylings of her early records + the production quality of her recently ones sounds like an artistic win-win to me.
Although imo it's gonna be very interesting to see what the wider reception of it will be. Art Angels was her proper debut to the average pop music fan. What's the overall reaction gonna be if she releases an experimental masterpiece that's inaccessible to the mainstream crowd as it's follow-up? I could totally see a scenario where /mu's current pro/anti pop contingents completely switch sides on loving/hating Grimes as well. Could be VERY interesting...

She sung Hyperballad fine in Japan when I saw her last month, she sounded great in general and she can hit the high notes when she wants to, in Bachelorette and Unravel she went really high, and she did that high pitched scream which she hardly does anymore.

Saw her live last year and when she did Anchor Song she hit the high notes again, and since it was just an orchestral show, she did a lot of vocal improv, again going really high. She's just careful because she's damaged her voice from at least twice now. That's why she had to cancel the Vulnicura dates.

I'm not even a Grimes hater btw, that live version of ave maria sold me on her voice.

>LOL. So, when Bjork fails she does it artistically, when Grimes fails, she's a fucking joke? Double standard much, Bjork fanboy?
yes, she's a joke because she literally just can't sing. she has no redeeming qualities. it's painfully obvious she just tries to sound like an anime girl when she makes that voice
>And Grimes doesn't? Her music is more beautiful than the overrated Bjork's music.
no, grimes has not ever created anything as genuine and directly taken out of her spirit unlike björk ((ART ANGELS COUGH COUGH))
>Grimes is even more original than Bjork. There is literally no other artist like her.
in this interview grimes literally says "i guess lady gaga did it first" i'm gonna puke youtube.com/watch?v=P-PHIpYm8k0
>Stop lying. You feel only contempt.
says the fag who only likes certain musicians for their attractive appearances

Friendly reminder not to respond to yorubafag's autistic posts and let the thread die in peace

>she's damaged her voice from at least twice now.
How and when?

by the way, just to get my point accross, i don't believe you need to have clean vocals to be a good vocalist. most of the bands i listen to don't. but they know how to pull that off as a style, grimes doesn't. she reminds me of 14 year olds who think they're "the next generation's [name]"

biophilia

Fair enough. Her haters don't understand one thing: Grimes dances A LOT on stage and also manipulates her devices. She can't sing perfectly doing all that extra work. She sings better when she's standing still. Her shows are a compromise between choreography, playing instruments and singing.

She's that damn good

Who peed in your oatmeal, user?

Friendly reminder to not listen to this autist who cares more about meta ramblings/shitposting/drama/waifufagging than actual music discussion. Friendly reminder to contribute to constructive music discussion.

it's not about being able to sing perfectly. vocals shouldn't be "perfect" if you want to make art. she just doesn't have the feel, i had hopes for her a few years ago but then i watched interviews and live performances of hers and she's so fucking immature and stupid i just felt repulsed. look at björk's face, and the way she talks in her interview and compare it to the dull confused teenager look that grimes has. you're all biased because grimes is "cute"

>implying this is cute

>implying it's not

see
Seriously - take a chill pill. No one here is even hating on your precious Björk.

i love this image

desu i think grimes is sort of cute looking sometimes, but she still looks like a confused teenager. björk looks like a living piece of art.

i don't care if someone here doesn't like her. the issue is comparing grimes to her.

I've seen Grimes live - recently. She's great. Stop acting like a petty 14-year-old ITT. You're not doing yourself any favors by it.

>no rebuttal
Back to r/eddit with you

She cute even on her less flattering pics. Funny how you chose to ignore her countless great pics.

>the issue is comparing grimes to her.
Why are you here on this board if people talking about music/musicians triggers you so much?

Why isn't she?

Date r@pe

You know that you can have an issue with something and not be angry about it, right? I don't think you understand the word.

>it's not about being able to sing perfectly. vocals shouldn't be "perfect" if you want to make art. she just doesn't have the feel
Are you serious? Watch this one till the end (do it!): youtube.com/watch?v=YSWwVYuqsVM
Bjork could never match that intensity and passion.

>Grimes
>female
im dead lmao xD

That's all you have to say?

Presumeably from just singing too much, first time in 1995, she couldn't speak it was that bad.

Then on the Volta tour, her voice was actually damanged on the Volta Live DVD but you can't tell, she sounds amazing.

Then in the Biophilia era she had a polyp on her vocal chords so she had to have surgery, but it all went okay and she didn't lose any range, she actually gained some low notes.

Her surgeon told her any time you feel scrappy to just stop, that's what happened with the Vulnicura dates. She said she's done with big tours and probably going to do one off shows like she's been doing the last year, and just focus on recording music, which is good news for me and her voice.

>look at björk's face, and the way she talks in her interview
youtube.com/watch?v=1A78yTvIY1k

Don't be silly. Bjork used to be even goofier than Grimes. Why do all Bjork fanboys pretend that Bjork was always a serious artist?

i could look at it for hours. it's got a so-close-yet-so-far quality to it, if you could just change one feature it would be tolerable. if you could just nudge those eyes closer together or slide the eyebrows further apart, or maybe just do away with that horrendous nose entirely and replace it with the nose of a different goblin.
fascinating

>björk looks like a living piece of art.
Grimes too. When she wants that.

nope. try again

>the issue is comparing grimes to her.
Do you belive that Bjork is untouchable? Anyone could be compared to anyone else.

What else do you want?

And I can disagree with those comparisons.

Stay dead. And wrong.

grimes is trash
bjork is better by far

I want to be loved

Interesting coming from someone who gets extremely triggered every time Grimey is compared to someone. Double standards at their finest.

what is this a fucking rave?

even mainstream pop artists like ke$ha and lady gaga usually have good music taste

No one cares about your sick obsessive collection of her photos, yorubafag

Is this one good enough to your highly pretentious taste?

dumb grimesnigger

Grimes has to have the worst fucking taste in existence.

I don't get triggered. It's just a game to me. I simply enjoy talking about her.

That's my gimmick, user!

Of course you can.
Why not? If you like songs like Army of Me with big ass beats, that live version should be enjoyable.

no. not in this way. björk doesn't need to doll herself up to try to look like a WoW character to look like a living piece of art. she just always does, because she's one of the most genuine and honest musicians you're gonna find. she's opened her heart to the public, you're really just gonna look dumb comparing her to grimes who makes it so obvious she's just a weeaboo who likes rave parties and EDM

People don't get aggressive when they "enjoy" doing something.

We both share the same gimmick.