What does mu think of the dead

what does mu think of the dead

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SWNSQCl8ZWw
archive.org/details/gd1981-03-12.nak700.rolfe.miller.95243.sbeok.flac16/gd81-03-12d1t02.flac
youtube.com/watch?v=ldiZ1pNA7us
youtube.com/watch?v=64pU8w2F6MY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Zombies are overrated.
They use to be cool but they're now boring. The only reason people use them is when they're not creative enough to come up with actual enemies.

Fuckin love um

American Beauty is my favourite album of all time.

saw them 13 times

A quintessential American album.

They're awesome. Top tier band.
You lucky fuck

I really, REALLY hope they do a west coast tour (including BC!) sometime soon!

legitimately my favorite band. i've never heard a band that can do any genre of american music and do it well with conviction. easily the most american band of all time

Dead & Co., I mean. I've seen what they can do with John and I'd love to see em live. I'd go see em in Washington state but I'm a poor fuck who doesn't drive. Really hoping they come to Vancouver!

This was my first show;

youtube.com/watch?v=SWNSQCl8ZWw

archive.org/details/gd1981-03-12.nak700.rolfe.miller.95243.sbeok.flac16/gd81-03-12d1t02.flac

this was my last

youtube.com/watch?v=ldiZ1pNA7us

the played their last show as the Grateful Dead with jerry on my birthday.

I honest to God listen mostly to these guys live shows.. between '68 and '78..

>pic related is named "Blues for Allah"
>it's their jazziest album
Hahahahaha

>5/3/72

This always confuses me

Like, do you mean
>May 3rd, 1972
or
>March 5th, 1972
?

May 3rd

I love GD, but I tend to gravitate towards the Pig Pen years, myself

That's a Pepsi ghoul you dumbfuck. Besides, Zombies aren't even real.

I kind of like their studio albums but fuck off with those 20-minute live versions.

those 20-minute live versions are the only GD stuff i enjoy haha

I am a fan of david bowie

Is this satire?

love them

youtube.com/watch?v=64pU8w2F6MY

i think they're an undeniably great band. You won't like everything they did, but they did a lot and experimented and had great chemistry and released some amazing albums. historically important, too, basically defined the 60s/70s

really sad but unsurprising that Sup Forums generally ignores them. I wouldn't even be surprised if over 50% of Sup Forums was polled and unironically voted Death Grips as a better band than Grateful Dead

Sup Forums is too busy trying to listen to mucore and whatever new fantano thing to take the time it actually takes to get in to the dead. it seriously takes like a good year or two to understand the right way to find shows and shit.
>between '68 and '78
this guys got it right. im too young to have seen jerry but i did catch a fare thee well show which was great imo but im sure not the same.
being this european

the dead also deserves credit for a whole lot of how live music is experienced in the modern day. bit torrent was created by dead fans to "trade tapes" and they did the first ever concert simulcast.

Was always put off by them as they seemed to fall into that dad rock category, stuff like Jethro Tull and Yes. Although I do like Aqualung. Probably completely off the mark here.

What should I listen to first?

try this. its often considered a holy grail show and i think has something for everyone. bluesy, funky, disco, but with plenty of experimentation and loads of groove.

sounds awesome, thanks!

I've got several first-hand cassette bootlegs of Dead sets in SF, I'll have to see if they still work

must hear

no problem. if you wanna go more for outer space folk music try europe 72 shows and if you want serious hippies in the mud stuff try any of the dicks picks from 73 or 74. also a show from 75 called one from the vault is serious top tier jam heaven. id mostly stick between 68 and into late 77 personally, though there are gems to be found in the late 80s and early 90s.

this post i meant to reply to you.