Fuck this is good. Might be the best album i've heard this year...

Fuck this is good. Might be the best album i've heard this year. Didn't think they could top Sound of Silver and they just might have with this.

love to hear middle aged fags do spoken word about trump over a drum loop

Did you even listen to the album? There is literally nothing about Trump on it.

trump fans aren't constrained by reality

and yeah it might be their most consistent album. i'll need to give it a few more listens to judge for sure but there are at least no annoying tracks like drunk girls

The most derivative shit I've heard in my life

really digging how do you sleep

I liked it on the first listen and it really grew on me on repeated listens even more.

Emotional Haircut might be my favorite track. Love the build up to the end and the lyrical theme.

I like drunk girls.

It's fucking amazing. Definitely one of their best, up there with Dance Yrself Clean.

I like it but it's so throwaway and uninteresting compared to their other stuff. Sounds like a bunch of B-sides.

>So you will be badgered and taunted and told that
>You're missing a party that you'll never get over
>You hate the idea that you're wasting your youth
>That you stood in the background oh until you got older
>But that's all lies
>That's all lies

and then Call the Police fucking starts.
this album makes me feel warm and fuzzy for personal reasons

Really? It depresses the fuck out of me for the same reasons.

How many times have you listened to it? I thought the same thing initially but I completely flipped my opinion on my 3rd or 4th listen.

4th or 5th listen now. Some of it has grown on me but I still feel pretty underwhelmed by it.

I Used To underrated, probably my favourite track after How Do You Sleep

I dunno. Some of the breakup-y stuff at the beginning is definitely depressing, but tonite ends on a pretty uplifting note.
american dream is a "sad" song, but it honestly feels more bittersweet to me, just because it feels like a hug
less like he's just describing a feeling he wants to evoke in you and more like he's telling you it's okay to feel that way, he feels it too

kys

wait how the fuck do people not like drunk girls
it's fun as fuck

i dunno. it's just gross and i really dislike it. it's pretty much an instant skip every time i play through the album.

I think its more about the self awareness that James seems to have lyrically throughout the album and I interpretted the lyrics differently then you did. It seemed like a much more introspective and nhilistic album to me. I fucking hate the concept of nhilism so that also adds to it.

I can see where you are coming from though.

Yeah I didn't think they were going to pull this off but it's pretty good. Going in a different direction instead of retreading some of the same ground was a smart decision.

change yr mind is still the weakest track to me so far, really liking emotional haircut more after every listen

Did James and his wife divorce? There's so much conflicting info about his personal life out there that I don't really trust anything I see unless it's a direct quote from him

Upon first listen, I was a bit unimpressed. Most of the songs sounded VERY samey (aside from the singles mostly). Does it get better Sup Forumstants?

there are always people who hate the fun goofy stuff like drunk girls and pow pow 'cause they have no soul

after first listen all of the songs r good and have interesting things about them but none stood out to me except the singles
i think another listen to digest it more would make me appreciate it more
American Dream really is amazing tho

It really grows on you man. I felt the same way but I've found myself really enjoying it. Read the lyrics while you listen. These are some of James' best.

I actually think your right in terms of none of the songs stand out. They actually just flow together really well imo. I love every song on the album but I don't think I could put any of them on as a single.

Well I guess tonight and call the police fit that bill but they fit so much better on the album.

How Do You Sleep is great, Other Voices is really growing on me too

TELL EM NANCY

Nobody has soul.

Other Voices is really awesome

But Pow Pow is one of their best songs. I don't understand

I really didn't expect it to be this good, on a par with TiH and SoS.

>We had a paper trail that led to our secrets
>But embarrassing pictures have now all been deleted
>By versions of selves that we thought were the best ones
>'Till versions of versions of others repeating
>Come laughing at everything we thought was important
>While still making mistakes that you thought you had learned from

I feel violated

Not one song on here feels like filler or feels underwritten. I can't say the same for Sound of Silver. So for me, it's their best record.

You're thinking of Arcade Fire

looking at James, he's definitely past middle age