Something is wrong with me

Something is wrong with me..

I have a 3 month old baby girl whom I love dearly, but lately she has been nothing but mean, fussy and colicky.

If you have kids you know the utter frustration and strain on your patience having an infant screaming at all hours of the night puts on you.

So anyway, after the baby finally shut the fuck up I fell asleep for about an hour only to have a dream of her screeching, only instead of trying to soothe her I picked her up by her neck and through her across the room in a fit of rage.

I woke up in a panic and started sobbing, my wife beside me told me to go have a drink and sleep in the couch and that she would take care of the baby.

Is this normal? I love my baby, Id never want to hurt her but sometimes I get so angry I have to leave the room.

Your subconscious acts out through your dreams, it's what you naturally should do, perhaps the baby is weak and it's your human nature telling you that it's better for all for the baby to be out of the picture. Fighting against your subconscious creates depression and anxiety, you know what to do man, kill the baby.

Oh fuck off with your troll shit.

All babies are born weak and helpless you fucking idiot.

Nice try though

Sleep deprivation is a real thing. I would never harm my son, but there were times when he was young that I got so frustrated, i had to leave the room too. I would never hurt him, but in those moments, I understood how people were tempted into shaking their babies.

Piss ant

Yeah obviously you pratt, but your baby is especially weak. Maybe it has a genetic disease that'll rear its head in the kindergarten age? Why do you think animals leave injured/sick offspring to die, alone?

You're tired and frustrated and perhaps a little hurt that she's "mean" (not giving you love).

I'd be worried if dreams like that DIDN'T hurt. You sound normal to me.

Or you could just grow the fuck up? Stop being a bitch and raise your child? Billions of people have done it

>cant handle babby crying

>nightmares about baby

>wake up crying

well, doesnt really matter what you do now. your wife wont respect you anymore, so you might as well just kill them now and save yourself the time

or just wait and she can divorce you and you can pay alimony + child support for 17 or 18 years only for your kid to hate you

sucks man, you fucked up

Agreed with this user.

No worries, perfectly normal. We found out with our first as well, and made a deal. On nights like that, one of us would sleep downstairs so one of us would be well rested. Just take turns with sleeping downstairs, depending on who has important meetings or what not next day. Divide the burden instead of both having shitty nights. It gets easier pretty quick, its mostly the first months that are tough like that. After the first year is over, unless you have bad luck, its a lot better.

Colic can indeed drive you nuts. Luckily, it will pass. Don't worry too much about the dream. It's your IRL actions that count. And it's good that it disturbs you that you had such a dream. But don't worry about it too much. Just be patient. The colic will go away (our daughter's did after a few months). Just be patient. :)

i havent had a kid yet but soon probably so i wonder

cant you just put it in a soundproof room? or surround its cribs with lots of blankets or even wear noise cancelling headphones? it seems they cry all the time but never are actually dying so can i just do this?

Another thing that really fucks with me, is when she is screaming like that, and you shove the bottle in her mouth SHE SHUTS UP IMMEDIATELY

And they almost chuckle at you all shitty like and it makes you even more mad than before.

And in your head you're like, " fucking bitch was faking it just to fuck with me "

Idk, this is our first baby and its bringing out all kinds emotions I never thought I had.

Nah, you need to be able to hear it in case there is something wrong, like getting their arm stuck in the bed. You can usually tell the difference in the way they cry. And also in the first months they need to be fed a lot, so its usually the sign they need to bed fed. Headphones or earplugs works if only one uses them so the other can hear. But the other leaving the bed could still wake you up...

sauce?

You would think you could.

Sometimes if they are fed, dry and warm, and they still wont shut the fuck up, you have to go into the other room and let them cry it out.

And the worst part is, is that sounds like its easy, but your fucking instincts kick in and you can't help yourself but check to see if they are okay.

So, a soundproof room wouldn't work, because the absence of their noise make you have to check on them also.

Its a fucked up two-way street mother nature has provided us.

Nature designed them to be annoying so we would take care of them or " shut them up ".

Its also true that you can hear your baby through a tornado or a rock concert, your ears become so fucking tuned in its fucking unreal.

I can hear my baby from outside my house taking out the trash, and thats like 30 yards from my door to the street.

Yeah we know the feeling. Like I said, it gets better pretty fast. After they turn one, all of this will seem like a bad dream. Good thing too, otherwise noone would have a second one after the first. We have 2 now, and might get a third. Youngest is 2, so its hard to recall how bad it was, untill we see or talk to someone with a newborn that is.

damn... that sucks

maybe i'll be able to just hire an aupair or something then or guilt trip my gf in to doing it all since she wants them soon

lol that pic

sounds like a nightmare... hopefully i can avoid it for a few more years i guess

>Wife told you to sleep on the couch and didn't bother to try and comfort you.
>Wife told you to have A DRINK right after you woke up crying, because of course introducing alcohol is the best option for someone who is depressed and never causes any harm ever.
Your wife sounds like she resents you for the child and cares more for herself and the child than she'd ever care for you, and you sound like you're too young/dumb to have a family.

Congratulations, you're an average American father.

Brah go to the fucking doctor u ltl idiot

Dude its only been three months since we brought her home.

Its so fucked up, I keep thinking about it and it blows my mind its only been such a short time.

It feels like it been forever since she was born.

Longest 3 months of my fucking life I swear.

well, they reach milestones.

Like the other days she started using her hands to grab shit or play with things.

When you see them develop like that it blows you away and sucks your right back in when you think you are ready to give it up.

Yea you see all that shit on tv for years and its a cliche' but then when it happens to you....

Like, for a long time they don't smile.

Then one day out of nowhere I was changing her diaper and she looked up with these big blue eyes and gave the biggest gummy smile like she was saying " oh hey I know you, you my daddy "

Then you feel the love, and you will cry, mark my words.

After about a year its all worth it. And in all honesty, knocking her up is one of the hottest things you get to do. Very different sex, at least emotionally. At least it was for me. I have 0 regrets this far :) Then again they are still a ways off from puberty...

It's normal. When you're sleep deprived you're not thinking clearly. A while ago, kid wouldn't fall asleep for anything. It literally took me driving her around in a car for an hour for her to crash. Before that, I just wanted her to stop. Never hit or anything, but certainly wanted to.

It's alright man. You just need to get a way a bit and rest. It happens to everyone at some point with their kids.

Im 28 and she is 25.
both work, two cars, a house with an acre of land and a golden retriever.

She hugged me and told me to go relax and have a drink and watch some tv and that she would take over tonight with the baby.

Shes awesome.
You have no idea what the fuck you are even talking about scrub.

Hey OP, when I was 16--17 I had to take care of a kid all night and whenever I wasn't in school. So, yeah...deal with it.

No, usually they cry for a reason. Please note, I said usually. They might be hungry, shit the bed, etc. Fix the problem and you fix the crying. That being said, you have to remember that literally any pain they experience is likely to be the worst pain they've ever experienced, because it literally is. They don't know they aren't dying when they don't get fed immediately.

The fact that you had to list off all that shows that you're insecure, and have to reassure yourself by boasting to people on an anonymous image board to comfort yourself. What a miserable person you must be.

Don't let a baby push you around! Fight the little retard

Then you should be close to the point where they sleep longer... somewhere between 3 and 6 months they get into a better sleeping pattern. Hang in there bro. And talk to the misses about dividing up the tough nights, it really made all the difference for us. Really doesnt help anyone to both be zombies.

First things first go back into your room, and eat your wife's pussy, get her all worked up maybe message her, and when she's ready fuck the shit outta her and then go get drunk (not too drunk but just at the right level) and go to sleep you'll wake up feeling like brand new

Mate, my girl is 14 months old and she still screaming even louder than before im working 12 h a day and sleep like 3 - 4 at night. The way you react by living the room is very correct you should breath deeply and remember she don't do it to make your life hard, she's expressing her frustration, fear, pain i only way she know. In fer years she'll tell u what's going on and you'll know how to help her. Today, just love her and stay strong.

SHE'S A YEAR AND 2 MONTHS.

I wish you good luck OP.

Some people actually like the early stages but trust me, the majority just tries to deal with it just like you do and get angry a lot.

If it's any comfort to you, when they turn 3 they start a very cute phase and the stress sort of disappears because they are much more independent. This lasts until about 7 or so and that's when they basically ignore your existence.