WE WISH WE WERE DEAD

>WE WISH WE WERE DEAD

I don't get it, why do so many people love this line/the stanza preceding it?

For me it's just an extremely cathartic experience. The first time I listened to I Don't Love I was in tears. When it got to Earthmover, the whole part of "When their earthen mouths will open up.." gave me inmese solace. Then when the drone began I was just completely awestruck and mesmerised.

I believe the final line being "we wish we were dead" is the logic conclusion to the whole album and the themes it explores.

It's one of my favorite album.
Can somebody recommend me similar ones ?
I listened to the rest of Dan's work but even "The Unnatural World" don't come close.
I liked "Voids" tho, best version of defenestration song.

Same user, same.
Giles Corey is also up there for me. I love that too.
I haven't found something close to these two albums.
Please rec me something

There is nothing like it in existence.

I really love Giles Corey but it doesn't strike the same vibe as Have A Nice Life.
Didn't really liked Black Wing tho.
Other HaNL eps are pretty good, but Giles Corey eps are too experimental for my tastes.

>tfw we will never get Giles Corey 2
Probably for the best. I'm glad Dan has got his life together now.

>not listening to deathconsciousness sped up 1,25x

I seriously don't understand the appeal of this album. Guess it just isn't for me : /

Dan stopped working on Giles Corey to go for another style or just let music go ?

Dan, please... Black Wing is.. not great.

;-;

not sadboi enough

He sorted his life out. Gone are the days of depressed Dan, he's got a wife and a child now and is happy. So he will make more music, but it probably will not be as dark as deathconsciousness owing to the fact that he isn't depressed anymore

post rare dans

Just because he got his life together doesn't mean he doesn't still suffer from depression.

Also, while I didn't Blackwing, he still had material to write about that was dark. Apparently he got real sick at one point, and thought he was going to die, and went into a bad place emotionally because he was afraid he'd die and leave his wife to raise their son by herself.

Dan... Easy on the Black Wings...

kek

Lost all respect for Dan after he gave up on ELHR and stopped self-releasing. Just like he gives up on everything he starts.

Remember the Ask the Cattle To Inform You Nahvalr emails that went absolutely nowhere?

And the ELHR tape "subscription" that send out exactly TWO tapes before he pocketed everyone's $50?

And this nigga is STILL shilling his gay ass patreon, as if poorly thrown together podcasts are worth dropping actual money on?

Tim>Dan all the way

I DONT LOVE
I DONT FEEL ANYTHING

I DONT FEEL ANYTHING WHERE THIS LOVE SHOULD BEEEEEEEE

They performed Earthmover as the finale last night in Philly and it was incredible. There should be videos coming up in the next few days.

Anyone else likes Giles Corey more than Deathconsciousness ?
I love both but Giles Corey feels more intimate and personal while Deathcon is more immense and powerful

because it's kind of unexpected, the song talks about some race of golems who are tired beyond belief and want nothing but to rest, the whole song builds this feeling and gets you into the mindset, then the second to last line sets it up perfectly and the last line becomes extremely satisfying

EU TOUR WHEN

never

fuck you dan

I think I do

eu tour would be incredible

Yeah, Giles Corey sounds like something from 200 years ago. HANL sounds too modern and therefore doesn't have the same spooky appeal that Giles Corey has.

I was super impressed by them last night, I was up on the balcony during Earthmover and it was incredible to see everyone go fucking nuts when the song hit it's climax
Overall the show was really good but Planning For Burial was kind of boring imo, A Virgin should've played a longer set too, I really liked them

Yeah, Giles Corey feels like some kind of period piece.
It has so many incredible moments as well
>I WANNA FEEL LIKE I FEEL WHEN I'M ASLEEP

GOTTA PAST I CAN'T RECALL
GOTTA A LOVE I DON'T REMEMBER AT ALL

D A N

I spoke to Dan last night after the Philly show and I gotta say he looks really good right now, seems happy too. Cool dude.