My garage got robbed, lost multiple firearms. What do

My garage got robbed, lost multiple firearms. What do

put your guns in a safer place next time, i cant imagine how angry you must feel right now

well since you cant shoot yourself just have a noose on the go my man

It's inside of a huge metal combo box, they broke the lock off the front while I was at work

Why would you keep firearms in the garage? Why do you not have them hidden or in a safe? Or in a hidden safe?

Well it's not in any obvious spot, someone that knew they were there must have gotten into it.

That's a nice variant on "tragic boating accident", allowing you to claim for new, california compliant, gunz on your insurance...

There is only one solution: Find the bastards that stole your guns, and get your guns back. With guns. I'm assuming you have at least one left, or are you gonna have to ronin the first one?

Report it to the police so you arent investigated when the niggers use them to shoot people and the serial numbers come back to you

Holy shit that comment might have saved my ass

Good idea

This is honestly the best idea. If they were legal, report them stolen, claim insurance, and don't get busted for murder.

Standard practice for anything that gets stolen, report it to the cops,defiantly for firearms, also, so if they come up in something thats been confiscated, they can call you and you get your shit back

>have a house
>have guns
>garage gets robbed
>let me go see what b thinks
>calling the police is a suprising thought

checks out

>do
>not
>storeguns
>in your garage

Report them stolen. If they're used in the commission of a crime, you're liable.

speaking of checks

kys for being an irresponsible gun owner

go to /k/

how the fuck is this not the most obvious thing to do first?

>get robbed
>welp better settle down on Sup Forums for a spell while i figure out my next move
>oh shit call the cops? never thought of that

>defiantly

Nigga read a book.

Home insurance claim

how the fuck do they figure that shit out anyway?

The chamber of a gun has a spiral in it, to keep the bullet stable and true. That spiral gives it a pattern thats unique to the gun.The gun also has a serial number on it thats registered to your name.

Buy more firearms, distribute them in the hood. Save yourself having to store them.

I agree 100% with this guy. It's a life saver literally when you report your guns stolen. If the thieves use them in a crime and dump the gun then you're in serious trouble until you can prove otherwise. The cops will assume you gave them guns or that you were the perpetrator yourself. That is until you give a decent amount of evidence you're innocent.

Also think long and hard about everyone who could possibly know about where your guns are located. I know a guy who's guns were stolen and the thieves went straight for them. they somewhat disregarded a lot of other things in the house. It was obvious they knew what they were looking for. Often times your "friends" aren't as good as you think they are. Or they accidentally told someone enough that they could connect the dots on their own. Purposeful or accidental word of mouth goes further these days via social media.

In the future keep your guns somewhere that thieves can't access easily (not your garage). The attic is often overlooked as it's too time consuming to get to. Keep them up there wrapped up and under some insulation or a loose sheet of plywood. Otherwise a gun safe is a no-brainer but expensive. Worst case scenario put them behind the drawers inside of a clothing cabinet.

Inside a "locked cabinet" in your garage is asking for it. Someone saw an easy payday.

Oh yeah. After you report them stolen, Check ebay, Craig's list, gun selling forums, pawn shops, gun stores, etc. Anywhere physical or online that buys guns. Typically criminals of this talent aren't good enough to have effective market chains to get rid of their stolen items.