DEFEND EDM

DEFEND EDM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sP4o9veYykg
youtube.com/watch?v=4izZYfo58-E
youtube.com/watch?v=8P09rxVaQAM
youtube.com/watch?v=US9nVBuDHhg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If only degenerates used the energy and money they spend on drugs and raving for getting a job and exercising, we'd have a much better society.

>EDM
A genre that a few people like that have massive concerts for a mass amount of people who just want to party.

and yet here you are on Sup Forums

not all
seriously
not all edm is shit, Sup Forums just hasn't explored enough

destroyed

Why would I defend some bitch who's flipping me the bird?

Plus lip piercings are gross!

Hope these two little skanks die from A.I.D.S.

with that armor? nah, thanks

because what we need is more fucking competition in all job marketplaces right

>EDM
>genre

>rave fans need to exercise

Chads are in better shape than you

Did the girl on the right pierce her stomach? Not the navel, I mean to the sides. That's a weird look

EDM is a retarted term and most people on here are pards anyways so no real point in trying to defend it

yes

also look up a dermal anchor its the non retarded way of doing piercings like that

EDM is purely functional/environmental music, it strictly services a purpose (4 on the floor beats are easy to dance to and songs can be easily mixed into one another). There is no thought of artistic expression in it because that would only distract from its intended purpose.

you sound as robotic as your description of edm

>4 on the floor beats are
Shit, and old-fashioned at this point. Headache inducing.

OP BTFO

Is this from Burning Man or what.

This. My ex tried a piercing like that above her navel and wondered why it wouldn't heal properly.

he's right though. I wouldn't call it bad music, but functional is correct.

It's painful to watch sometimes, mostly hilarious though

>Hoping for anyone's death
Wew lad clam down

>most people on here are pards anyways
only on bleep. rest of Sup Forums thinks shit like pendulum and noisia are the end all of dance music

Most of the people at those alternative festivals are pretty buttfucking hideous.

These are either models or cherrypicked hot girls from a festival since nobody photographs the fatties/gremlins.

not enough filth and crust in that pic to be from burning man

I hope they all fucking die

>getting a job
you mean doing something worthwhile

This concept of functional is retarded though because even so called art music is functional by that very definition. You guys trying to sound smart but saying stupid shit.

we're all gonna die

>You guys trying to sound smart but saying stupid shit.
kids on Sup Forums

EDM tickets are pretty fucking pricey though and these guys are able to afford them. They definitely work unlike the NEETs of Sup Forums.

I think you are mixing up rainbow gathering with burning man

burning man is nasty as fuck dude

Yeh but even when you Google Image search "burning man girls" it pulls up cherry picked hot ones first and you never see the legions of disgusting...things that attend BM.

Is your life so empty that you need hatred to fill it up?

Duh, the pictures that get the most clicks are the ones search engines put up top.

Nothing to defend. It's always been degenerate gutter trash with no benefit to anyone and anyone who is seriously into the 'culture' of it is a waste of space.

The music used to be nice in the early 90s in the UK, that's maybe the only good thing about it.
youtube.com/watch?v=sP4o9veYykg
At the very least in the UK once it was banned I assume people grew up and stopped being such massive fagets, but since that can't happen now I wonder what the outcome will be.

It's no worse than 90% of what's posted on Sup Forums be it rock, metal, punk, pop, hip hop etc

I hope no one is unironucally attempting to imply QoTSA, Weezer, Kate Bush, Taylor Swift, Kanye or Thugger have more qualities to them than Guetta or Jeff Mills?

Kettle calls the pot black

The vast majority of drug users have jobs.

It's shit, ambiance at EDM concert is bad, girls are stupid and guys are morons. Most of the time really uneducated. Not worth anyone time.

Christgau was right when he said you have to be in da club to "get" EDM/techno. If you listen to it on your home stereo system, you won't understand what's going on or be able to appreciate the stuff.

pardners are so stupid

Superior to rap and trap, indie and metal, most pop

Inferior to experimental and prog rock

it's utter shit but some artists are bearable and not completly repetetive

X&G is good trap
Noisia is good DnB
Slumberjack is good Future Bass
CONFESSION has a lot of good House artists from every sub genre

>inb4 someone replies with le underground house
I'm obviously talking about mainstream EDM

Most mainstream [any genre] is shit.

to be fair the girl on the left is crazy hot

user people dont go to edm for music

Are we talking about "EDM" as in EDC/Ultra or all techno, house, jungle/breaks, trance and UKGarage since Cybotron?

Fucking no.
>EDM on drugs
Sounds fucking terrible.

went to Burning Man 8x, can confirm

Did you get laid while you were there?

yes

I think it would be impossible not to get laid there. Those people will fuck anything, man, woman or beast.

if you don't like dust, drugs and hippies, don't go to burning man. otherwise, however....

LMAO

>and yet here you are on Sup Forums
Yeah, you specifically know what kind of life every single person who's been on Sup Forums leads. You can't even start to pretend to know that.

And you can't assume to know every single person who attended a rave or club.

t. bitter virgin

Where did I even imply that? This was my first post in the thread.

I can enjoy it because it puts me in a good mood, even if EDM is churned out half baked and usually follows a cookie cutter format

People still listen to EDM? I thought everyone had moved on to the next genre of shitty manufactured pop music.

EDM is a functional and social genre. Conventional rock/pop songs have an essential story arc we find satisfying that listening to EDM generally won't deliver, but that kind of song structure would sabotage its function. To get into a dance club, it needs to be repetitive and have a comfortable beat, and the emotionally satisfying structure is the build up and release (or, since the mid 00s, the "drop.")

When I was in my very early 20s I went clubbing a lot more than I do now, in my late 20s. But I do find EDM great music for studying since it isn't distracting. Admittedly, my favorite genres are ultra-organic things like crust punk, bebop jazz, and singer/songwriters, but music is useful for putting you in certain mindsets, and EDM is one of the best for putting you in good, clear minded, and motivated states of mind because of the lack of story, and their momentum.

youtube.com/watch?v=4izZYfo58-E
youtube.com/watch?v=8P09rxVaQAM

As a fan of alternative/indie music, I do like EDM's role in genres like alt-dance, grebo, and madchester:
youtube.com/watch?v=US9nVBuDHhg

>there's people that listen EDM alone in their rooms attempting to 'get it'
lmao

Only good response in this thread. Thank you

But that's not EDM.
EDM = bigroom american Ultra Music Fest wankery.

Martin Garrix, David Guetta, Carnage. Shit like that

A lot of crust punk and singer/songwriter stuff is far more repetitive than the worst EDM. Also wtf is a "story arc", "functional"? You are just using meaningless words to sound smart rather than make a legit comment.

:)

I've been through this argument and I'm not interested in having it again, but I reject the notion that the term only applies to that kind of dance-pop. The term may have come into use much more recently than electronic dance genres like house, trance, and DnB, but I would say it's still an umbrella term that encompasses them. I would say that getting so specific about what EDM means is 1) disconnected from how people actually use the term, 2) something only people seeking to insult dance-pop fans do, and 3) overthinking the issue.

I sure love the storylines in rock; the thousands and thousands of 4 chord ditties about >tfwngf

So deep and meaningful

If every techno, house and jungle tune is EDM you have to include all hip hop and trap too.

No. If you believe any rock song is more repetitive than EDM, then you're missing the entire point of the genre. EDM songs need to repeat for long periods of time because they're used for dancing, and people want to dance for a while. Most songs last longer than rock/pop songs, and repeat in ways that won't disrupt dancing.

My comparison to a story arc is in reference to the intro - build - conflict - resolution structure of stories, which is reflected in a song's intro - chorus - bridge - chorus - tag structure, or alternately the intro - build - fantasia - resolution - tag structure.

My functional, I mean it serves a function, that function being dancing.

I assumed that was all obvious, and you're either being angsty and difficult, or you're just a very dumb person.

I make electronic music actually, this is my first time on Sup Forums and i can't say i'm surprised at what most of you think
That being said i hope to change that

It's not about the story line being deep. It's about there being a narrative. Even something as simple as "I want to hold your hand" is a narrative.

So you only like music with lyrics, kek

No. In the post you're responding to, I actually mention a benefit of EDM is that it lacks a narrative, since those narratives can be distracting. This helps EDM put people in a clear state of mind, and can be beneficial for studying. But now you're just mindlessly trying to argue.

You're purposefully comparing music like Calvin Harris to King Crimson or completely ignorant and lied about going clubbing and the variety in dance music.

>working on sunday

Most pop/rock is made for dancing to at gigs and the catchy verse there to sing along too.

I used to go clubbing a lot. People like Guetta are basically doing house music, even if it's a simpler pop form. The Exploited and Wire are both punk bands, but Wire is a much more intelligent band. That doesn't make them a different genre. You're dumb, and it's ridiculous that you try to bring King Crimson into this.

this
fuck yanks

Except it's not because nothing outside of spinnin shit is reffered to as EDM, involved in the EDM scene or even acknowledged when talking about EDM.

Just because it stands for Electronic Dance Music doesn't mean it's literally all that. It's the same as saying that the Beatles are a DnB group because they have drums and bass in their tracks

Except EDM doesn't even have that incase the normalfag audience it's shooting for gets bored. So enjoy 2 build ups every track

You're not really this dumb.

The only reason why edm gets such a bad reputation is because of how idiotic some DJ's are, and the current race culture in america

It's nothing like calling the Beatles a DnB group, I'm not sure if you're trying to be cute by making these ridiculous arguments, of if you're just extremely autistic. But you're clearly being disingenuous here, so I'm done, kid.

yet you probably beat off to this pictures you cuck

just call them niggers

I wish I could be like them

the implication is that the segregation is more on the white side...

>filename

I'm gay and EDM is the songs of my people

Stop appropriating our culture, lettuce crotches

So are you saying anything with a minimalist structure is incapable of having its own "story arc"? Are you fucking retarded? I am not being angsty, I am calling you out on your stupidity.

Juan Atkins = John Lennon
Derrick May = Paul McCartney
Kevin Saunderson = George Harrison

I'm not saying it's incapable of it, I'm saying it generally doesn't. You're fucking retarded, and now I can see you're fucking autistic by how petulant you are. Kill yourself.

Foo Fighters are no different to Pendulum

already responded to this

LMAO absolutely, utterly, and unequivocally destroryed

All you did was confirm your comparing the worst of EDM with "the best" of pop/rock and complete ignorance of anything played outside your local nightclub.

No. Now you're contradicting yourself, since you claimed the house music I posted wasn't EDM.

You make idiotic arguments and you have a really unpleasant personality. Do you have any redeeming qualities, or do you just a burden on everyone who knows you?