Why the fark do alkaline batteries leak so much...

Why the fark do alkaline batteries leak so much? I keep a thing of qtips and a small bottle of lemon juice in the fridge which I break out regularly to clean up inside some device where the batteries leaked.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_bicarbonate#Neutralization_of_acids_and_bases
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I haven't noticed leaking as much with these brands:
Rayovac
Toys R Us
Academy Sports+Outdoors (a Texas sporting goods chain)

That's what happens when you put male and female batteries together

Cause they're shit and maybe you're electronics are pulling too much amperage also it happens if you mix old and new batteries
I don't actually know the science but I should, its like resistance and shit,I shouldve taken chemistry

I'm thinking mixing old / new batteris is a contributing factor. That and the fact those batteries are 5 years out of date. Theres that.

it could also do with the fact that the retarded OP is using lemon juice to clean electronics of battery acid when he needs to use baking soda

because duracell is garbage
use energizer pleb

The shit coming out of those batteries is not acid, though. It is alkaline (base). Potassium hydroxide IIRC. Acid is good for cleaning metal. Just don't leave it on there though - or it will corrode.

If you have a leaky battery, you can scrape off the white crust and set it aside, before mixing it with half as much baking soda by weight. Introduce a small amount of water, enough to make it into a paste. Add individual drops of 92% isopropyl alcohol until it becomes almost paint-like. Spread the mixture out evenly and as flat as possible on a glass dish and set it in some light, and allow a fan to blow air on it in order to evaporate the alcohol.

When your mixture has completely dried, it will contain small crystals of LSD which you can rub into your eyes for an instant trip, which will last roughly 2-8 hours.

You're welcome

ive herd of this before, u can also snort it or shoot it up to acheive effects

holy shit thanks

You are both missing out on the benefits of rectal administration. Absolutely stellar effects by this route.

Overdischarge. You'll understand when you're an old man.

THANK YOU, been looking for this all over the web and then suddenly i see it posted on Sup Forums lmao

will be cooking up a batch tonight (:

For AA or AAA batteries I like to check stores such as Family Dollar, Dollar General, or Big Lots. As a rule of thumb 20 cents per battery (alkaline) is a good price. Megalomart (Walmart) focuses more on the premium brands.

you should lick that white stuff off

it'll get you real high

Consumer Reports says lithium batteries leak less, user.

Try that and report back your findings.

Is this legit?
Also post more ways to do drugs/ dangerous chemicals with common materials.

Holy shit thanks bro it worked!

Yup it's legit but you have to be willing to inhale fermented fecal matter.

Depending on the concentration, what you'd most likely end up with is just a salt. Potassium salt, which doesn't taste good like sodium salt, but is still pretty much safe for humans to ingest in non-ridiculous quantities.

So yeah, it'll burn your eyes and be unpleasant but it shoooulllldn't do any permanent damage.

As long as there's enough baking soda to neutralize any acids or bases. But I'm an electrical engineer, not a chemist, so this isn't exactly my area of expertise.

I was talking about the other post...
I just contributed something similar to what I was asking more of

Baking soda won't neutralize alkaline fluids, vinegar will. Baking soda will only work on acids.

I guess i'm ruining people's attempts to make some poor user blind here, but fuck it.

Wow it.. isn't real? If so no I won't, but it's fine if so well don't.

Actually baking soda is amphoteric: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_bicarbonate#Neutralization_of_acids_and_bases

I had to look up that word but I did remember reading about it; baking soda reacts with both acids and bases. Can't remember the exact terminology but if you add just the right amount of baking soda to neutralize whatever came out of the battery it should be relatively safe. Add too much and you end up with a slightly alkaline solution, which is still pretty much safe

who gives a fuck, buy new batteries

Yes it burns like hell, but it does work.
It's not that bad in the long run. you could dilute it because you don't need a large amount, or just put a small speck of the pure shit.

I am really having a hard time with this one. Is anyone here fluent in autist?