Redpill me on Obummer lifting sanctions on Vietnam

>Vietnam has arms sanctions on it for years for "human rights" violations
>absolutely nothing fucking changes from post-war period until today regarding the Viet government's imprisoning dissidents
>cut to a year or so ago, Vietnam signs TPP agreement
>IWI (an Israeli Arms manufacturer) allows Vietnam to set up a facility making its Galil ACE and Tavor rifles under supervision in Vietnam to replace their antiquated AK rifles
>Today: Obongo in chingchongland and lifting arms sanctions.

What the fuck is going on? What is the US up to? What is the end goal of Washington by doing this? What can we expect this to lead to in terms of the US's involvement with VN?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10297515
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's just another step in new Great Game.

Vietnam is key player in the struggle against Chinese hegemony, but their military is still a lot of using Soviet-tier hardware.

America's defence industry gets a lucrative new client, and America's strategic interests are boosted.

win win

Simple.

USA needs every ally it can get in fighting China in the South China Sea.

Phillipines, Taiwan and Vietnam are the most important since they are most anti Chinese countries in the region.

If China prevailes, they can in the end dominate their half of the Pacific and a good part of the Indian Ocean, bringing USA dominance of the world seaš to an effective end. But that is still 30-40 years into the future. But step by step it is getting there.

Even in many years to come, isn't a war with China unlikely as the US must maintain "healthy" relations with them as they own most of the US's debt? Or is this how they plan on erasing said debt?

Obama lifted sanctions so Boeing could sell $11,000,000,000 worth of commercial jets to Vietnam
I wonder what kind of kickback Obama got.

So you can filter it antishipping/antisub assets to use against China in event of war

Vietnam hates China more than anyone

"Human rights violations" is just a diplomatic way to say fuck you

In event of war, there is no debt, dude.

> BUY OUR GUNS OR WE HAVE OUR JEWRY SANCTION YOU!!!!

America is cancer.

Trying to balance Viets against Chinese.

The jews want to profit off the good goyim war by selling outdated weapons.

I hope obongo get terminated diarrhea

Commies have always helped commies

War is really, really unlikely. What is happening is that entire globe is returning to the behaviour of 19th cent, a world filled with big powers fighting for their economic and political influence.

>USA
Wants to lock China in their inferior part of the Pacific by building a strong Alliance like a wall (Japan, Taiwan, Phillphines, Vietnam). See the pattern? Chinese navy can't exit the wider seas of these countries block her.

>China
They need to secure the maritime route that goes over South China Sea, across Straits of Malacca (beside Singapore) and Indian Ocean. All of this is so they can get their resources from Afrička and oil from ME. As long as they don't control these waters they are at the mercy of american navies. At least this is the was how they think.

>Even in many years to come, isn't a war with China unlikely as the US must maintain "healthy" relations with them as they own most of the US's debt?

That's not how the trade balance works. Okay, I'll give you the Cliff's Notes version of it:

>Chinese sellers sell Chinese goods to US suppliers
>US suppliers pay in dollars
>Chinese sellers now have shit tons of dollars
>Chinese sellers don't need dollars, they need renminbi
>Chinese central bank swaps dollars for renminbi
>Chinese central bank purchases US Debt, which can only be exchanged for US dollars

Sure, the People's Bank of China is getting interest on those Treasury notes, but those notes are denominated in dollars. So the People's Bank (PBOC) can only really do a few things with those dollars once it obtains them:

>Purchase raw materials with dollars
>Purchase American goods
>Sit on them

Purchasing raw materials is a risky strategy because future markets are roughly unknowable, which means if there's a sudden surge in material prices, China wins out big. If there's no change, China loses a little bit due to storage costs. If there's a decline in material prices, China loses out big.

China doesn't want to purchase American goods for a variety of reasons, mostly political rather than economic.

Sitting on money isn't normally productive, but this is another one of those things where governments aren't households. When a central bank accrues foreign currency, the effect of this is that the bank's host currency declines relative to the currency it has accrued, by the amount of however much has been accrued. This happens because dollars are being taken out of circulation at the same time that renminbi are being put into new circulation (as a result of currency swaps mentioned above)

Vietnam and China could go to war, it is a nice business opportunity.

Actually the USA has done trade with Vietnam for quite some time. Keeping the American textile industry dead is Obama's continued goal, which is why so many pairs of underwear, tshirts and socks come from vietnam.

Interesting. I know sweet fuckall about global economics, and I was under the impression that citizens and small trade still uses paper currency as a tangible trading method, thus being more susceptible to penalties in currency exchange versus governments. Basically, I was under the impression that these trades between countries in large amounts are digital, and while theoretically there is an exchange rate, that this is merely subtracted or added to the exchange and the end deposit is merely a digital number in a database, and is not backed by anything tangible whatsoever, be it notes, gold or anything physical, thus able for the end user to transmit into their local currency. Pardon my ignorance.

Weapons manufacturers twisted a few arms and made a few $2500 campaign contributions and now they will make billions of dollars in weapons sales over the coming decades.

Combine that with it is basically poking China in the eye, arming one of their historical enemies to the teeth right when this South China Sea war is about to kick off.

did he get some sucky sucky.

>kiddos that don't understand geopolitics
I bet you thought that we fought in the Vietnam War to stop communism too.

preparing war with china

I believe you mran proxy war
>gotta let them asean nations take the brunt, then sweep in and steal the glory

Does this mean we get imported AKs from Vietnam??? Do they use any 5.45x39 rifles?

strawpoll.me/10297515

No, you post this in every thread you argie fuck

I believe all are 7.62x39 akm, not 74s. Most are Norinco type 56 or reproduction from viet factories.

It's to contain China. Just look at all the move on Philippines, Japan and South Korea recently.