Hey PC bros. I just bought a PC from some nerd at work for $500...

Hey PC bros. I just bought a PC from some nerd at work for $500. He said it was really good for games but it could use upgrades and some shit about bottlenecks or something. He said it's i7 2600 3.4ghz. 12 gb ddr3 ram. Gtx 960 video card. 1TB hard drive.

Did I get fucked by some nerd or what? Should I upgrade this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/dcs-world/11785
systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/wolfenstein-2-the-new-colossus/16124
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sounds pretty good for $500 TBH.

Okay system but running out of upgradability.
u did not get jiped

Not a bad deal for $500 tbh you did pretty well. That being said, are we working with a laptop or desktop? If it's a desktop and you got monitor/kbm you're definitely winning, if just tower... Still a good deal but not huge.

>This

If you want to upgrade, you'd need to change out the processor and the mobo OP.
The HDD might be getting old and unreliable too if he got it around the same time as that CPU.

It’s alright, you couldn’t have done really any better new. Video cards remain at scalper prices in the mainstream tiers. Fortunately with a 1080Ti I just leapfrogged all that shit.

It's a desktop. He was selling some crazy ass gaming mouse and key board and price seemed good I looked it up but I didn't feel like I needed it. I had a pretty solid monitor from other PC.

Could I throw another CPU in? I see the new ones don't have much more ghz so are they really much better?

Would more ram or a better video card help?

That video card is actually pretty decent for its age.
For memory, you'd want to go with DDR4 if possible, or something faster for DDR3.
If you want to get a new processor you'd have to replace the motherboard too, so you're looking at another $500 possibly to upgrade it.

Can you look inside and see what motherboard is in it?

Is this... bait?

Ghz isnt the only factor.

New ram is now ddr4

if you want a big upgrade you will ahve to get a new cpu which means new mobo which means new ram

it should run current games okay

Looks like it's a ASUS P8P67 LE. Idk if the LE is part of it.

I'm guessing his current mobo isn't DDR4 compatible anyway.

Damn that's crazy. I think thats what that fucker did and sold me his old shit. That's actually smart

It's old but a modern computer with decent specs is going to run you around $900-$1500, so for what you got $500 isn't a bad deal.

yeah as i said
whilst being a powerful pc its at the end of its lifespan beacause there is no more upgrades you can do without spending more than you already spent buying it.
this is pretty common

So yeah it's not even worth upgrading your memory unless you switch out your motherboard.

What games do you play?
You can still run most games on that without issue.

Nice. I just want to play some newer games and he said it can run any game but not everything maxed out.

Meant to reply to this soz.

God fucking dammit I'm retarded.
He's not wrong. You might have issues with poorly optimised games like PUBG but I don't think you'll have any other problems.

I like turned based rpgs like divinity and wasteland. I want to play some shooters like the new doom and wolfenstein. I like old school shooters. Any suggestions? Also do you know if I can run DCS any good. I'm a pilot and I think it might be fun to buy one of those stick throttle set ups.

This thread is 100% bait.

I think those should be fine if not on max settings.
DCS should also be fine, but the recommended RAM is 16GB even though the minimum is 8GB.

systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/dcs-world/11785

Replace the HDD with an SSD.

You can the HDD for a secondary drive.

See if your motherboard supports faster ram.

systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/wolfenstein-2-the-new-colossus/16124

It supports up to 2200Hz but he'd have to enable XMP.

What? What am I baiting anyone out For? Ha ha I made you guys give me advice nerdsssss.???

not op, but new to pcmr. what are some good cards at decent prices/worth the money?

you right