Steely Dan's Walter Becker Dead at 67

Steely Dan's Walter Becker Dead at 67

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/news/steely-dans-donald-fagen-pens-tribute-to-walter-becker
youtube.com/watch?v=SfS5zCCZGWI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

F

Some sad shit.
At least I got to see him live not giving a fuck before he passed.

He stepped out on stage in sweatpants, a sweatshirt, and new balance shoes like he was at home.
Then proceeded to go on long rambles about nothing between every song.
An absolute legend.

The real tragedy is that he didn't leave behind a legacy of decent music. You'll argue but you know it's true.

I'm sure his family will miss him though.

fuck :(

R.I.P Walter, good music.

>Oh Michael, oh Jesus
>I'll keep my promise when
>You turn that heartbeat over again

JUST

At the risk of feeding the troll, are you referring to his solo output or Steely Dan?

Follow-up:

pitchfork.com/news/steely-dans-donald-fagen-pens-tribute-to-walter-becker

:(
rest in peace you legend

Sticky this shit right fucking now

I don't think I'm gonna cry but this is the closest I've come from a music death

F

:(. F. i was planning on seeing you this october you bastard. why couldn't you have 10 more good years?

For those that haven't seen it
youtube.com/watch?v=SfS5zCCZGWI

rip walter

F, rest in peace
fucking kek

this dvd is great for not only offering an in depth look at how the aja record was made, but it also gives you a peek at who walter becker and donald fagen actually were. they were one of us bros. ill be reelin in the feels tonight.

F

And nothing of value was lost

I want this stickied

Thankfully I saw them last year, seeing them do Aja was an experience.

Can we get a sticky for this dude?The influence they have on music is huge.

fucking sticky when.

I've been joking about this for years but that doesn't make it any less sad to me. Never got to see them live, and I was still holding out hope for one more album before something like this happened.
RIP. Walter had a hard life.

Yeah just gonna say that steely dan has been a massive presence in my life, especially over this last summer. My long distance girlfriend came down to visit and we listened to Can't Buy a Thrill non stop over the whole weekend. We got drunk and danced to dirty work, and found a vinyl copy cheap and used in the local record store that we promptly bought.

Sorry for the blog post guys. Rip Walter. Never knew him and never saw him life but the connection that can be established between people with music is a beautiful thing.

>Steely Dan
is this a jojo reference?

Steely Dan's music will continue to age gracefully for decades to come. Tight production values, clever and cynical lyrics, and a smooth sound make it the Yacht Rock that never gets boring to listen to. I mean how many bands can honestly say they have 4 Stellar Albums, because Steely Dan does.

Aja will always be my favorite song, especially the intensity of that ending with Wayne Shorter's Solo. Superb stuff.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

which one is steely dan?

No idea

Why is this not stickied?

>Steely Dan
>a weeb reference

Just go away.

>Yfw you realize Sup Forums is one hundred percent shitposting and maybe 10% of this board actually listens to music.

it's named after a vibrator from the novel Naked Lunch

steely dan more like steely dadrock lmao

>Two against nature don't you know
>Who's gonna grok the shape of things to go
>Two against nature make them groan
>Who's gonna break the shape of things unknown

only one against nature now

STICKY NOW