How South America managed to be so shitty...

How South America managed to be so shitty? What did they do wrong in 1900's they weren't in World Wars and jewed out in those also etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ve6Rd0G4TK0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The eternal gringo
Prove me wrong

Spanish colonial system, cultural issues, and poor geography/climate are the main factors. They never had a chance for success like Canada and the US, founded by Protestant Anglos and which enjoyed much closer geographical proximity to Europe as well as temperate climates.

excellent post my depressed friend
youtube.com/watch?v=Ve6Rd0G4TK0

in our case (Argentina) it was mostly self inflicted
we fucked ourselves with Peronism. We used to be pretty wealthy, and only in the 70s and 80s we were passed in gdp per capita by countries like Spain, Portugal and South Korea.

but much of south america was "in war" far recently than Europe, during the cold war, when dictators and communists fought each other, backed by the USA and the URSS.
The cold war was fought in the third world, not in Europe.
Yemen next to Saudi Arabia used to be divided in 2 countries, with one of them being communist.

LOS

>The cold war was fought in the third world, not in Europe
The Cold War was fought across the globe. Besides, half of Europe was under communist control in case you forgot.

Amerikan fatties scared that they couldn't see their dick, financed guerilla groups

Interesting, but aren't they supposed to have Spanish and Portuguese genes? Or did they just import too many niggers and fucked too many indians?

Italy, West Germany, France, Sweden etc were peaceful during the cold war.
Stuff like IRA or the Red Brigades were minor in comparison, more police stuff than civil war stuff.

we have been in a constant war for centuries

unfortunately the military junta backed by cia fucked up your economy even further.
but it is not clear to me what happened between 1930's and 1970's. argentina used to have a higher gdp than france and such.

Yeah, how this kind of fuck up can be even possible? You should hang everyone who was behind this.

Few rivers, highlands, and protectionism

It's expensive to do business in South America

ahem

Not a war in the sense of Vietnam, but it was still part of the worldwide US-Soviet struggle.

Yes, my burger friend?

If only the CIA were really as skilled and competent as leftists believe, Fidel Castro would not have died of natural causes in his sleep at the age of 90.

siestas

Well Europe was pretty much fucked by the ww2 in 1940's m8.

That's some Greece tier shit right there.

>Few rivers
u fucken wot m8?

Few rivers near places that could be developed industrially

WW2 and its post-war benefitted Europe and Japan
South America was left aside, literally

>that could be developed industrially
explain this meme please

i don't think it was about competence.
i doubt they wanted to destroy LA economies.
they just didn't want russian influence there so the CIA supported various local scum as long as they were "anti communist". and in some cases it turned out beneficial, such as in chile.

>explain this meme please
It's expensive to build factories in the highlands

Spain's colonies were purely for resource extraction rather than settlement. There was never a real chance to develop a middle class there, and post-independence they simply continued in their role as a source of natural resources for North America and Europe, all wealth going to the crillo elite.

The Southern Cone has a more temperate climate and some European immigration did go there, but it's also quite geographically remote from Europe.

why would the lowlands be un-exploitable industrially?

>source: my ass

The Southern Cone was developed agriculturally and industrially but Argentina's government has sat down every day for the past 50 years and found new ways to fuck everything up

Not saying that it isn't at least partially our fault btw

>How South America managed to be so shitty?
Spaniards and Italians as their biggest immigration group.
nig nogs did not help either,

>How South America managed to be so shitty?

The Monroe Doctrine and unequal access to international markets

>Or did they just import too many niggers and fucked too many indians?
This one. While Anglo colonies killed the natives, Iberian colonists breeded with them.

i can't also blame Argentina's government only (there's Brazil's too)
you seen that movie Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead man's chest? all that convoluted plot of characters continuously backstabbing each other? well like that

>CIA dictatorships

Hey we weren't the only ones doing that shit

>all these americans spewing the shit they deduce with their shitty education about history and geography
Kek, keep it coming lads, its comedy gold

APEX KEK, you're golden son

Who else? Hitler? Stalin? Tatcher?

Read a book nigga

Not that you have any room to talk Miguel

Give us more time! D:

The only cunt that really had it really really bad is Paraguay. The rest is a bunch of cry babies.

Chile
You are not competitive stop blaming everyone else.
Speak for yourself

What shitty propaganda books are you reading that just blame America for everything?

More importantly, if you are a garbage enough country that the CIA can fuck you over then someone was going to do it anyway.

Hi, Mexico is White Guy.

that's what i'm doing you retard

>What shitty propaganda books are you reading that just blame America for everything?
I guarantee you it's a book with Che Guevara on the cover.

Y pa que te enojai wn

I'm just here wondering how good our countries would be if our politicians really cared about helping their fellow country men, like, even despite our disgusting corruption we still manage to be semi descent countries (although of course violence make us automatically be worse than Africa).

We have everything, hard working people, intelligent people, the wether is really not that bad (besides some CA countries like El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua). Like for real, is it so hard to actually find people that want to form a descent goverment??

>I'm just here wondering how good our countries would be if our politicians really cared about helping their fellow country men
heaven on Earth
but that's an impossible dream

Allende was such a fuck-up that the army would have probably couped him anyway and didn't necessarily need American prodding.

USA
Unironically everytime we had a nationalistic government that prioritized our industry instead of their we got couped

Yes, we are amerindian.

Eh? Brazil already is absurdly protectionist, but your manufactured goods are garbage only fit for sale in Third World countries.

Why tho? I actually have actual education, not the McLearning you get

> but your manufactured goods are garbage only fit for sale in Third World countries.
yes just like our aircraft manufacturer, naval industry and oil refinary industry that you spy so much

You need to internalize moral standards into your people. That's the only way.

Sure you do Sweetie ;))))))

Our books dont blame america for nothing but for the american invasion, these are well known facts

im gonna post this again for the one hundredth time just to remind you that you're a failed country with the luck that mother nature gave you to be born above probably the most lucrative mineral deposits on planet earth and you've done NOTHING with it

wasted potential, you should be the Dubai of South America but you're just a tiny fraction above everyone else

also there is a thing called multinationals
Italy managed to do that and is still one of the most corrupt governments on earth. Corruption is not the root problem, thinking that is actually giving in to burger culture and becoming as shitty as them

Oh shit son

wow 2 threads going about the same topic
i am getting confused, cant find my posts
please duplicate your posts in both threads

t. College dropout who cant point anything on a map and flips burgers to pay his college debt
Yee

>Our books dont blame america for nothing but for the american invasion
And that was really your fault anyway. As Santa Anna said, "We have brought this disaster upon ourselves because we could not stop fighting with each other."

Joke's on you I work the register

>cites three different historical moments
You cant make this shit up

Please tell me more about my history, i bet ypur education system thought you well

>all these shart damage control
Kek

Don't all those receive heavy government support and subsidization? It's easy to have top notch industries when the entire country funds them through taxes

>laugh at argies
>dogs are sent loose
kek, every fucking time

and btw, the beloved Pinochet did that, selling every mine to guess who? Americans.

imagine having the 1/3 of the world's lithium ( that is used in every single electronic device today) and being just barely, barely above any other south american country

>our invasion was perfectly justified by the fact you were not ready to defend yourselves, therefore, it's your fault we invaded you

are you going to ask for reparations too?

>Don't all those receive heavy government support and subsidization?
literally every country developed did that, except maybe america and england since they rode on money of the nobles of the industrial revolution and they had no competition, and when they started having competition they started the Monroe doctrine and messing with other countries + protectionism against developed countries, and that led to WW1 and WW2, and now it became evil to have a national programme and develop yourself cause you should submit yourself to globalization and the money of a few global corporations that will suck your country dry and replace your culture for something more profitable like the US culture, just like what they are doing with the EU

Te conozco de algún lado

Do you really think the 19th century was at all like today's world? That was back when right-of-conquest was an accepted practice.

>and being just barely, barely above any other south american country
Have you ever travelled out of your villa? Yeah, right. Uruguay and Argentina on par with Chile. Give me a fucking break.

Chile is unironically one city and that is it, the rest is literally desert, ice or farms

Puede ser.

>my shithole is only slightly better than yours hurr
Estudias en la utp?

oh, ive been to chile and there's barely any difference with the rest of South America

this

No. Soy universitario, pero no estudio en esa.

You really don't want to do this panameño. Keep quiet.
That's why you keep a fucking folder about Chile. Obsessed motherfucker give it up

Damn. Chile just got REKT.

Uruguay - 1
Chile - 0

Is this what the average neighborhood in Chile looks like? Wtf? Had no idea it was this shit. Argentina and Uruguay are way better...

I already know what's coming, let's get this over with.
>Boca la Caja
>KEK they have pretty ugly slums, man.

i just googled "chile pobreza" and that's the first pic that comes up

try it right now and tell me

Let's face it though, folks. Costa Rica is objectively the best country in the area, by far. Shitholes like Panama and Chile just can't compete.

Entonces no, but if you're white we can be friends

Calm down bad boy

I don't even need to read this thread to know that 90% of people blamed America and the rest blamed Spain and Portugal for being shitty colonizers

déntrate

Brazil and Mexico are shit but they realistically have the best chances of becoming developed because they have diverse economies. They aren't resource colonies/money laundering countries like Panama and Chile.

100%

Costa Rica is actually worst than Panamá in must aspec-
Oh, it was bait.

Generalplan Ost wasn't exactly the greatest colonization scheme either.

toy wndo wn

They have a couple of cities more with over a million people (Concepción for sure), and many mid sized cities.

i don't even have anything personal against average chileans!
what i really find funny is the whole "Chile is First World while the rest of South America is Third World i swear!!!1" meme i keep seeing here in this site
everyone bought it so fucking hard that i laugh every time i see it

Read the thread

No, it wasn't bait. Costa Rica is actually the best. Pura Vida, bitch.

My Colombian homie agrees Panama wishes it was Costa Rica, I am sure.