When will the French admit that Belgium invented these, not them?

They've been falsely taking credit for fries this whole time. I love my greatest ally, but it's time to just admit it. If I can admit that we lost the Vietnam War, then you guys can admit fries are a Belgian invention. Just let Belgium have this one, guys. They need something of note to their name, considering their relative insignifigance as a country.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZExOicH-2_Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

France is belgium

Beer you uncultured idiot. They're known for beer

On behalf of the French people, I refuse.

They don't need to. You burgers are the only idiots in this planet that calls fried potatos 'French fries'.

Maybe Canada too, cause they're a lost cause.

>invented
>a fucking fried potatoe

Lol excuse me WHAT??
We're saying this EVERYTIME someone mentions the french fries or freedom fries
It's fucking belgian, no one said the contrary.
It's literally only you burgers who call it french fries.

Wtf I love Belgium now

This is ironic right? You are joking? You're the only ones calling it "french fries".

no, seriously, how the fuck can a country claim they invited fries?

like, im pretty sure there was someone who thought of cutting a fucking potato and heating it it in grease way earlier

When will the racist French stop appropriating Belgian culture?

yeah, it's belge and every french tard admits it
it's you, burgers, who put 'french' in its name because your history class sucks.
also the best fries are in belgium

I agree my Bulgar friend. I do wonder if what Americans call French Fries are truly the same food item that they were introduced to in WW1

>They need something of note to their name
Waffles, beer, chocolate, EU, Manneken-Pis, Jacques Brel, Stromae, Prince Laurent

They take credit for french toast too even though the recipe has been known since antiquity.

Frogs need to stop stealing everyone else's food and come up with their own cuisine

THIS IS CALLED A "LOST BREAD", YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES CALLING IT A FRENCH TOAST REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Don't force them to it, please. After all it's the only thing france ever contribute to world culture.

>Prince laurent
This guy is a living legend.

The FREEDOM people invented those.

You're russian

It's because your founding fathers couldn't say "batonnet" properly and since it's a French word they jsut called it French cut fries isntead of Belgian fries cut in the "batonnet" style (as that would be a mouthfull) and later just French fries, because at that time the chef understood them.

We have no tiem for words, man! Declerations had to be written!

>I love my greatest ally
Liar, cur.

That would actually make me leave the restaurant oetz.

Why is there no deep fried christian babies on this menu?
Fucking antisemitic burgers, Israel is your greatest ally.

Kek. That menu is the very definition of pretentiousness and appropriation.

>homemade spanish sauce

Don't even want to know wtf is that supposed to be...

this

Yes, I am. Don't be mad, we wont let evil american take your potaito.

A sauce full made of comm*nist cum

Those are chips ya divvy

I don't think it's salsa mahonesa. Or as most commonly known, mayonaisse.

Tfw Pierre Laurent will never be king

I think the stereotype that fries are French is not exclusive to America. Even some Germans think that, because here we call them "Pommes", short for "pommes frites", which is French, and so some Germans think if the name is French it must be from France.

Jean claude van damme too

JC can not be restricted to a country, he transcends humanity

The French don't try to. You're the only ones who think they did, much like how you think you invented apple pie or hamburgers or pizza.

You need to stop.

>Fighting over fried potatoes

I'm kind of hungry for fried potatoe.

Whenever I eat them or think about them the last thning on my mind is France.

Freedom fries chips potatoe wedges. Curly fries mmmmm so hungry desu

This. Greatest allies my ass. Always throwing tantrums when we re not blindly following them into their stupid wars:
Brits at least don't try to make us a British colony in the cold war. They are our greatest allies

Every time I eat fries, I imagine driving one of the tanks rolling into Belgium in 1940, and shooting at unarmed civilians eating waffles and chocolate, and watching bad action movies

We don't call it french fries. It's simply fried potatoes (kentang goreng).

We don't even claim them as ours.

It's called eggy bread here and is savoury

Eggs Benedict is American

>British
>Eggs Benedict
>Hash browns
?????

Every frenchman I know knows ''French fries'' are belgians. Its just you uneducated fucks that suck at geography that think it is French. I bet most of you cannot even point neither france nor belgium on a map.

They are called CHIPS. Fucking non anglo scum calling them fries.

King Leopold II

chips and fries are completely different things
the latter is a delicious combination of potato and frying techniques
the former is the result of someone trying to kill his potato wife by drowning her in oil

czech beer is better. belgium is a non country

>my greatest ally
This meme will never stop being funny to me
>France asks nicely for some of the billions they gave to you back because their people are starving to death
>Greatest ally starts shooting at them instead

>a tradional classic

this

thanks USA for calling it french fries ! we're not taking credit, but we appreciate it.

also, isn't belgium a new thing on the long run (centuries) ?

I love Belgium.
Hate the UK. Full of dumb people who make weird facial expressions when they talk youtube.com/watch?v=ZExOicH-2_Q

this makes me angry

Isn't San Diego the place where countless homeless veterans roam the Earth under the merciless sun?

>being an American and calling them anything but freedom fries

But Antoine Parmentier is french, user.

as a political entity Belgium is new but then again so are a lot of countries, I mean, Belgium is older than Germany by several decades.
However the flemish and wallonian regions have existed as distinct cultural entities for a significant amount of time and even have a decent history of cooperation.

Frogs love to steal things from other countries and claim it theirs, seriously they're fucking disgusting.

I've never heard anyone say "freedom fries" in person desu. But I've actually heard a Southern woman say "I'll get you a fry?" to her daughter, "a fry" meaning "one potion of fries".
I am Greek

+1