clyp.it/bz11ie2y

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/ixcsgjmz
clyp.it/4ofzsjpa
clyp.it/n3chjsfs
clyp.it/xw3vmsan
twitter.com/AnonBabble

samuel, what are you monitoring with?

with my headphones and the tv-monitor's speakers. why?

just curious.
consider getting some proper monitors or sending off your stuff elsewhere for mastering

pls help get a better master myself
forgot to mention, headphones are akg k414p

it's really unbalanced in the bass and both files are harsh in the 2-4kHz region.
also both sound stressed and smashed while not being actually loud.

it does sound like too many high mids for me, but i didnt eq it, decided to wait for do it after peoples feedback, cause last time they said it was lacking mids.
the "mastering" i'm doing is adding analog plugins and limiting
how i fix the bass
>also both sound stressed and smashed while not being actually loud.
it does to me too. how do i get that right

stop adding analog plugins and limiting
all that tense high mids most likely come from distortion components of shitty modelling plugins and pushing a limiter

start fresh, try to balance it and make it sound as good as you can without limiting or touching the dynamic range in any way

then pull it up to the desired level and damage control to make it sound as close to what you had before limiting

is this any better?

>all that tense high mids most likely come from distortion components of shitty modelling plugins and pushing a limiter
thats the situation. fuck slate digital.

>start fresh, try to balance it and make it sound as good as you can without limiting or touching the dynamic range in any way
how? only eq and reverb is left.

>damage control
wut? limiter with significant release?

forgot link
clyp.it/ixcsgjmz

you have to tame the bass with an eq
it takes a lot from the whole mix, that's why you probably hit your limiter so hard yet receive not much volume

just the bass freq of the bass? like 100hz?

yes, try to take away from freq's under 120hz

you should also keep at least frequenzies under 100hz in mono, unless it's for artistic purposes. low freq's in stereo can cause some weird and muddy sounds, but also make your kick and bass lose impact

that is really cool. everything below 120hz on the master is 100% mono now.
clyp.it/4ofzsjpa
the bass really lost impact when i added a stereo chorus to it but i couldnt think of doing that.
are the battery-radio-high mids ok now?

very nice dude
it's starting to take dimension. the vocals have a lot more volume now!

what's probably missing a bit is some trebble to give it that "high end" sound. you might simply boost up above 5900hz or maybe apply saturation for that range, if you have a plugin for that

The drums sound like shit but it's okay otherwise

No.

pls

its that "loudness" knob on the slate limiter, i cranked it

boosted 2db after 5.2khz

clyp.it/n3chjsfs

changed the "highs" knob on the limiter, seeing if it changed anything to the previous link
clyp.it/xw3vmsan
looks like youre afk, think ill release this version, its a lot better already. thanks a lot everybody.

don't do your own mastering. ask a friend. seriously, you need objective ears.

thats what ive been doing for the last entire 3 days but Sup Forums wont do it for me