These little bastards have invaded my home...

These little bastards have invaded my home. I have spent three weeks purging the house of these fuckers and they are still here. I live in an apartment and I think my neighbors brought them in. I am fucking out. How do you fully purge these bastards from the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/ip/Natural-Care-Flea-and-Tick-Home-Spray-32-oz/50103679?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227038893623&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=90380311472&wl4=pla-182538600032&wl5=9003494&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=50103679&wl13=&veh=sem
youtube.com/watch?v=FAe9HD4Jgw0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

egga and larvae may survive poison, best treatment is heating up the entire house to 60°C for no less than 24h, the heat destroys eggs too

You gotta get the eggs. Get rid of or treat any animals you have in the house. The fleas will live on carpets especially so use chemicals. Fumigate the house otherwise. Or move out.

DDT

Do you have any pets? If so, it's going to be difficult to get rid of them.

If not, vacuum your entire place everyday, maybe even twice a day. Throw what you vacuum up into a trash bag and immediately get rid of the trashbag. You can also try putting down a bowl, plate, or anything that can has a lot of surface area and can hold a lot of water. Pour some dish soap into it and put a lamp over it. These fuckers jump around constantly and will eventually find themselves into the water and sink the bottom and drown.

I had a bad infestation of fleas in my house one time and it took forever to get rid of them, but we had a dog and a cat so it was more difficult.

Diatomaceous earth, bruh. Nontoxic. Kills the fucks dead.

Flea eggs hatch every 14 days. Flea bomb the apartment twice in on week and once a week from then till they’re gone. You can also by flea killer spray at your local animal hospital/ vet office. It’s recommened to use every 14 days.

Vacuuming helps tons, Sprays help but if there's a host animal they will keep coming back, no animal they'll start on you though. if you can break the flea cycle they will start to disappear over the next couple of weeks. Also a pan of water below a night light will cause them to an hero accidentally. They are attracted to light and will drown when they land in the wet.

I may try this.

I won't get rid of my cat. I have bathed him a few times with chemicals. They just keep coming back. I have no carpets in the home so we are good on.

It's a fucking nightmare bro.

I actually saw this on youtube and wanted to try it. Might do this actually.

Just moved out of a place with fleas. I nearly lost my damn mind after a week of constant biting of my legs. Godspeed user.

google PT Alpine

I am moving soon but my cat still has them.

Okay.

Had the same problem, sprayed my whole house with poison, every single place, under the bed ect. then hoovered it every single day and not a single one has jumped on me. You must use really good poison. the one I used cost me 50$ (ones they use in hotels ect)

Try Frontline for the cat. It's very effective.

Why are you trying to kill animals?

What poison did you use?

I just put it on a day ago. It doesn't kill them it just sterilizes them.

Conservation level on fleas is least concern on wikipedia. We can kill as many as we want.

With that logic, I can go out and kill a load of people just because we're not endangered.
Stop killing them dude. They won't kill you.

>bowls of water with soap and vacuuming a lot
this actually works. i was skeptical when i first read it, but after bombing my house 3 separate times and it not working i decided to try it. it took a while to get them all but i'll definitely do it again if i have another infestation. im sure the fleas have built up an immunity to the OTC pesticides over the years so that shit you get at walmart is just a waste of money

Essential oils bro!!!!! Get a small carpet steamer and fill it with water and peppermint oil, as well as lavender and anything citrus

they can carry bloodborne illnesses yo
so youre wrong, they could very well kill you.

Okay. Keep trying to sound smart. You wearing your helmet tonight user?

I may try this. I need a better vacuum. I can't imagine being poor and not being able to take these bastards out.

I have a peppermint oil spray. Doesn't really do much honestly.

Don't encourage his bad behaviors. He may be retarded but that doesn't mean he can get away with being stupid.

When dealing with fleas. You could treat the carpeted area. Be sure to heavily treat where the carpet meets the baseboard. Then turn something on that vibrates. Could be a radio with sound turned up, maybe the vacuum, but you need the vibrations. This will wake up any sleeping eggs. They can stay dormant for up to six months waiting for a host to walk by.

burn the whole place down

Fleas are attracted to light. Put flea light up with a pan of diotomacious earth under it. Fleas jump into the pan and die a horrible death.

i used clear plastic takeout dishes i saved from chinese food just filled them up and put a couple drops of dish soap in each dish then put them next to night lights.

borax powder my nigga.

>6 months
These things are pure evil man.

I have thought about it. trust me.

Cheap and effective. Even better.

Sprinkle this on all the carpet you have. Vaccume it up after a day. Rinse and repeat. Worked for me. I would also try the other stuff recommend in this thread such as heating house up

I used diatomaceous earth once and it worked when nothing else would. Throw that shit all over the place, food grade not pool grade so you don't die. Then vacuum it up after a few days and you should be good. Just don't use it to make dynamite.

C4.

Don't literally rinse it lel. Just sprinkle, wait a day, vacuum, then repeat

I had bedbugs once, OP.
would not wish it on my worst enemy.
keep your chin up.

Thanks Sup Forumsro. Will look into it.

Never heard of it. I will look into it.

Again I have thought of this many times.

Thanks Sup Forumsro. Shit is tough man.

I actually hear that bed bugs are worse than fleas. Shit man must have been hell.

Yeah you definitely need to vacuum consistently for a couple of weeks. It's not a one and done thing. I sprayed the fuck out of my room including under the furniture and vacuumed and they still came back after a few hours because my laundry room was infested. I used a powder with better results but vacuuming up the eggs is the most important part.

This is the spray I used and I wouldn't recommend it. It just made my room smell terrible and didn't really do anything the vacuum didn't already do.
walmart.com/ip/Natural-Care-Flea-and-Tick-Home-Spray-32-oz/50103679?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227038893623&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=90380311472&wl4=pla-182538600032&wl5=9003494&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=50103679&wl13=&veh=sem

youtube.com/watch?v=FAe9HD4Jgw0

drive them out with the power of punk rock

I had both and to be honest I would take bed bugs over fleas. I could sleep through bed bugs but as soon as I shut the lights and hit the bed I would feel fleas biting my ankles.

All you can do is

Dude I threw out my bed with these fucking bugs and a couch. It seemed to get rid of a majority of them. I am sleeping on a fucking cot right now... Until they are all gone I refuse to get a new bed. I am moving in like 15 days so I should be good. Been cleaning clothing and putting it in plastic linen bags.

I spend a lot of time innawoods with my dogs. I've had a couple infestations.

Bomb the house a couple times, keep yourself really clean, tidy your fucking home, vacuum the shit out of everything all the time, wash all your clothes and bedding, and leave a few dishes of soapy water all over the house so you can murder any fleas that come into your ken. If you have any pets, wash them religiously. They'll hate you but if you don't the fleas will keep respawning.

Get a systemic insecticide for the pets with an insect growth regulator. Bomb the house after dipping the cats and applying the IGR. Spread diatomaceous earth around areas the cats frequent and vacuum it up. Bomb again in 2 weeks.

>tfw they crawl in your hair as youre trying to sleep

Dog fleas rarely bite people but cat fleas are out for fucking blood

this

>Dude I threw out my bed with these fucking bugs and a couch.
I guess it depends on how bad the infestation is. I got rid of them without throwing out my mattress along with someone else I know. Other people I heard had them living in electrical outlets.

Flea carpet powder is great. Avoid pemithrin with the kitties. Otherwise ones are good.

ive tried that spray. it definitely repelled the fleas, but i had to literally drown them with it to kill them. but then i decided to test whether it was poisonous to them. i took the "dead" fleas and put them inside a plastic container and let them dry out and 3 of the 12 i had in there came back to life. id bet the ones that stayed dead had suffocated before they dried out fully

Easy op. Get some large breed Frontline and take it. Your fleas will be gone.

Yeah, I remember spraying my legs with it at night out of desperation and it didn't really do much. I think it's just a really minor repellent at best.

Also this .

kek

Yup, if I had a gun that might have happened.

I want a new bed anyway.

I put it on my cat a day ago. Again from what I hear they only sterilize the fleas so you still have to deal with them for some time.

Since I threw out my old bed and couch most of them have disappeared. I think I caught it pretty early (not early enough though...)

kek. i was so desperate i very nearly did this.

Used to live in a group house and the guy who had my room before brought in fleas. They dealt with two bouts of fleas and all was quiet for a while. I moved in, shit was fine for months, but one dude had a cat and didn't treat her. We had three more waves of fleas. Fumigating helped at first, diatomaceous earth took the edge off, bought some spray that's supposed to sterilize the little fucks so they couldn't lay eggs, but I think they just laughed at it. In the end we called an exterminator, and those little fucks were gone in 2 days, and never came back. I dealt with those little fucks for about 9 months off and on, and that was all it took. Even after they were gone I swear I could still feel them jumping on my legs.

Don't be stubborn. Call an exterminator, or just get your hands on the same shit they use if you can.

I have a cat and they are still on him though. I am also leaving in like 15 days.

buy chemical
dilute
put furniture outside along with clothes
use pressure sprayer.

orrr call a local pest control company and theyll charge ya like $150, quit bein beta

>I think I caught it pretty early (not early enough though...)
That sucks, maybe I just got lucky.

How much did the exterminator charge? I considered that option just to get some peace of mind but luckily managed to get rid of them.

You are fucked, bro. Get a cat, leave some remedy on it each three months. They will bite it and die. It will take about an year.

This actually does help a lot. When I brought my cat back at home I noticed the fleas that were biting me wouldn't even jump off when biting my leg because they were being killed by the cat's treatment.

Ex pest control technician here.

Let me give some facts.

The most common flea you'll find is the cat flea (though will just suck about any blood).

They are carried in by cats, dogs, horses, anything with fur, but they can also be found in grass.

The majority of fleas are actually found in the environment around you and only 5-10% are found on your pet.

The eggs will last dormant for up to 6 months and hatch when they sense carbon dioxide (the pest acknowledges their is a blood meal available)

Eggs have evolved to be nearly impenetrable by chemicals.

For pet protection; get a chemical bath from your vet because that's going to be the most effective and cost efficient way to get rid of the active pests.

For protection I recommend frontline plus. The main ingredient is fiprinol which is an insanely effective chemical. (also the active ingredient in Termidor, the godly termiticide)

As for the environment, go down to lowes or home depot and pick up diatomaceous earth (they usually only sell food grade so I wouldn't worry about the cat if properly used).

Next, take off all your electrical sockets and put a small shot of powder (preferably through a duster) into each wall socket to kill any fleas and their eggs inside the wall.

Then vacuum all your hard woods, and carpet every day possible. After vacuum sprinkle the powder on the carpet (not too much, they will avoid mounds).

The form of function for the dust is to attach little capsules to the target and dehydrate them from the outside til death.

After that, dry all your clothes on high. Even if you have clothes that are dry clean only, you don't have to wash them. Just dry.

Keep doing this and it'll definitely take care of your issue and it works for bed bugs as well.

Fleas are the easiest things to get rid of. Buy a on spot flea killer like advantage and put it on your pet. Boom you're done. All the fleas will be dead forever within a week.
Yes it's that simple.

Step1: Wash out your butty with a piece of soap

Fleas are what spread the fucking black plague.

good advice

>I live in an apartment

I think I found your problem.

you're fucked son

Bengal Concentrated Roach & Flea Fogger
it genocides everything in your house, eggs included

Buy Diatomaceous Earth, put it all over your house. It'll kill everything and save your animals as well.

Ex tech again;

Here's why fogger are usually a waste of money. They do not go behind anything. Pests willing do everything they can to hide from you.

The only time I would recommend a can fogger is when you are temporarily killing all the adult flies in a small room.

This, get some of this and sweep the floors also get rid of carpets

+1

I don't know if youre in USA, but if you are get one of these, The box contains 3 cans, you can use a single can on each room, just open one of these and place it on the middle of the room, they will begin to release the gass and will last for two hours minimum, so leave the room closed when you open these cans, after the two hours have passed, you can trow the cans away and let the room vent for an hour, they work really well but read the instructions and warnings on the box because the smoke can get you really sick

Ps i work at home depot, and weve had lots of costumers getting these gas bombs for bedbugs and fleas

Clean up house, like clothes on floor.
confirm temp, but I think its 74 or 76 degrees, but they wont hatch below that temp. So cool thr place while fighting them.
then vac floor, flip up couch cushions and mattress, remove blankets first, turn on a fan if you have it, bugbomb all rooms w seperate can, vac again, trash the bag or filter outside, flea shampoo any animals, then treat w frontline etc before letting them bk in. vac daily for a few days. the cushions, bedding and tip up mattress is key. if you skip any step here you're fucked, follow steps easy to fix.
Apartments that allow pets will always have this problem, they crawl in the hall and undera doors, weather strip doors, so no gap under door.

I had a bad infestation at the beginning of summer, I just bought 3 Seresto collars for the cats and the fleas disappeared

I lived in an infested apt bldg once. I had to bugbomb the hallways carpet late at night to stop the bs.

my dad was an exterminator, said bug bombs and flea collars do basically nothing

Botaniguard WP.

There's a university lab in Jersey that's been researching using the stuff to kill bedbugs, but it's non discriminating and will go after pretty much anything with chitin. Make a light solution and spray the stuff everywhere. If you want to see it work in action, make a small amount of stronger spray and just drop some on a bug.

burn the house/apartment building down, they are true vampires, live forever, suck your blood while you sleep, must either cut heads off or stab with stake to kill. You can control them but you have to be manic about it. If others in building aren't as manic...you lose.

Currently getting rid of fleas myself, they came from outside and wouldn't stay down. For me right now they seem to be dead, I flea bombed twice and gave my cat flea baths and one of those drops you put between their shoulders. My cats huge though so be careful with how much flea product you use around them. Make sure to vacuum daily and wash your bedding.

Precor IGR bug bombs; also, treat invested animal and all animal bedding with petcor. It is the only way to break the lifecycle.

I had them twice. The key to getting rid of them for good is constant vacuuming.

I tried flea bombs, diatomaceous earth, and a few other things.

First thing is first: wash all of your clothes in hot water. Once they are washed and dried, put them in sealed trash bags and store them.

Second: steam. I ended up purchasing a small clothing steamer. I went over all of my cloth furniture with it. Went over my mattress, box spring any any other cloth surface. Vacuumed it all before and after. The steam gets hot enough to kill the larva and eggs. Vacuuming gets them out after the steaming. I was vacuuming four times a day.

If you have a pet, get them flea treatment. I ended up using Advantage II. I put it on my cat and any fleas on her died in the first 6 hours. Any flea that jumped on her after that died. If you get the pet Capstar, it will work even faster.

Also, once you are done vacuuming, put the vacuum bag or tank in the freezer to kill the fleas that you sucked up.

Best of luck, OP. Fleas are a huge fucking pain in the ass.

ITT: Nasty people discuss how they cope with being nasty.

I had your problem. Buy salt and pour it literally everywhere all over your carpets. It will kill all life in the carpets. Leave it there for a month and vacume it up later. Also bug bombs every day until it stops. Salt is very important to kill the eggs.

Buy cheristin from a vet. Its medicine for your cat that will kill any fleas that land on it. It's cheap where I live. That, bi daily vacuuming, setting up soap water and light traps, and flea bombs should do the trick. I had a terrible infestation two years ago and that took care of my problems.

This, delt with the fuckers for a month. Rented a carpet shampooer, mixed the poison in with the cleaner, went to town on everything.