Are atheists mentally healthy individuals?

Are atheists mentally healthy individuals?

Some are, some aren't.

No because they're young and young people are retarded. Watch ANY show that features videos of idiots doing idiotic things and it will be full of young people.

It's all God.

Too reasonable and even tempered response. This has no place on Sup Forums.

All atheists are sperg lords and all religious people are sheep.

There. I 4channed.

Newfag

The only reasonable belief is deism then. According to Sup Forums.

I think most atheists are either spergs or edgy teens. I especially hate the ones that are vocal about it. I don't understand why they choose to deny and argue about the existence of god for no reason, but then go ahead and say that we came from a giant explosion or that we are in a simulation. It's absolutely retarded.

I'm fine talking with an atheist as long as they don't try to argue with me because I have a religion or go out of their way to tell me for no reason. Most of them seem to think that they have some kind of moral high ground for thinking a god does not exist and they are typically condescending towards theists.

Why can't they just be agnostic or simply say they don't care? I don't understand.

Actually, very tired ancient fag.

Obviously tired since I'm fucking responding to this garbage.

Point proven. The only two responses are going to be spergs and sheep.

Atheism in my opinion is just accepting the world as it is and not believing anything without proof.

The biblical texts are written by men, they're from time periods when women were worth shit and you could sell your daughter as a slave and it should not be looked upon for anything in modern times other than a historical document.

If you need ''gods book'' to tell you not to rape and commit murder then you're not withholding murder and rape because you're a good person, you're just afraid of gods wrath.

Why the fuck would i want to obide by rules people wrote down thousands of years ago? i can think for myself thank you and thou shall not kill? holy shit did you really need a book to tell you that? then you're probably a fucking psycopath.

Go pull a ball out of your silent fag partners ass and keep your fucking opinion to yourself.

If you think people should keep their opinion to themselves then i guess you must be 100% gainst parents raising their children to be christian. Cuz they should keep they're opinions to themselves and let the children themselves decide. Oh you dont agree with that? well you made a stupid comment then sry.

>Atheism in my opinion is just accepting the world as it is
Religious people do this too. The religious question relates to the *unseen*.

>The biblical texts are written by men, they're from time periods when women were worth shit
Not an argument.

>If you need ''gods book'' to tell you not to rape and commit murder then you're not withholding murder and rape because you're a good person, you're just afraid of gods wrath.
It's both.

Religion is arguably more fulfilling than Jell-O and sex. So this might be true, but it's not that important.

Makes the ridiculous argument that religious people don't actually want to do good. They do want to do good, and they give far more to charity than atheists do.

Whereas when older people do it, it's called politics

Of course it and argument that the texts are written by men when some of the texts claim to be gods laws and the texts are litterally telling people how to live their lives, im not gonna buy into anything untill i have absolute proof this was gods will or else it could just as well be a cult that escalated over time. wich i think it is.

I have no objection to people beliveving in a higher force, but christianity is real bullshit when it comes to belief by proof. its all just fairytales used to gain power over people in one of the world biggest cults.

Atheists are people that need to do more research on the truth of what all religions are based on. They need to get off their asses and actually put in the effort to 'grow spiritually' by doing things like meditating and many other things to actually connect with what we call 'God', just like Jesus did, just like Buddah did, just like thousands of others have and are doing. This takes EFFORT though.

Strong son of God, immortal Love
Whom we, who have not seen thy face
By faith, and faith alone, embrace
Believing where we cannot prove...

No they arent. They are just as crazy as theists. I say this for the sole reason that they talk the same drivel as theists.
Here is why atheists must be declared as insane as theists.
Atheists deny the existence of god but, if god does not exist, then the concept of god has no meaning. If god does not exist then there can be nothing that theists and atheists mean by the term "god". Therefore if atheism is true then theists AND atheists are merely talking meaningless drivel to each other. They are merely insane people babbling on about nothing. The only meaningful thing atheists could do is to ignore theists

The ''thruths'' you speak of are not fact basen of prooven.

Meditation is very intressting i think, We know ALOT about the universe but so little about the brain. I think meditation is both good cuz it makes the person very relaxed and releases anxiety. But i also think it could be a way for us to tap into our own brain and relive memories etc like in hypnosis and thats very intressting. You dont have to count in religion for meditation to be a beliviable thing.

Se meditation is prooven to be a way of relaxation and hypnosis is a prooven way to tap into memories, so they're facts.

The spirit i do believe in, but in the scientific way that we dont understand it yet and its the life force that fills our brain and gives us personalities etc. but that also dont require any religion to explain in a rational way. Its not prooven yet though and might never be but many scientists do believe in an force that is the soul.

Religion takes effort you're completely right, and thats why we who dont believe in god like to think we spend that time doing better things, like loving our family instead of mumbling to god in a church and singing songs about how great this higher power whom has never been prooved is.

Atheists want the world to be a place where we believe in pure love and helping one another to achieve greater things. And thats why they stride to get people out of this massive cult of christianity to save them from wasting their time. its really simple.

Stop making these threads. This is infinitely worse than the log posters.

Well its better to accept your fate than play the lottery with a most likely fake religion

I don't even like religion. It mainly keeps people PHYSICALLY worshipping like going to church, repeating some words off a piece of paper and going home, and I think it's like that for a reason... to stop people from knowing the truth about how to truly connect to 'God', 'Source', 'Spirit', whatever you wanna call it. I think most religions have the truth at the core of them all and people like Jesus knew how to connect to 'God'.

Chakras are real, soul / spirit is real, life force - chi / prana is real, astral projection is real, ghosts, ufos, angels are real. The alien stuff is very closely connected with spirituality. They were the 'Gods' from our ancient past. They are more spiritually advanced than us. Many of them would like and are helping us advance spiritually while others do not wish for us to, so they keep us distracted and attached to the physical through things like materialism, the media, religion, food, etc.

Atheists think absolutely nothing happens after death, now that's fucking retarded

and still the fact remains that if god does not exist, all talk of god, whether to affirm or deny its existence is equally meaningless. All that atheists, for all their babble can achieve is to keep debating a meaningless set of agumentative premises. They achieve NOTHING therefore their talk is meaningless. If atheism is true the only meaningful thing for atheists to do is to stop talking about god and start legislating toward ridding the world of religion. talk is cheap and meaningless in a debate about whether god exists. In order to achieve the desired outcome you propose talk must end and action begin, otherwise you are just babbling on meaninglessly about nothing

The world without religion:

people dont kill and rape because its not the right thing to do. no other reason. Thoose who do get put in jail as usual.

People believe in love and harmony with each other and nature, not an higher force that we have to abide by and please.

Wars are still a thing but based on politics and not differences in religious beliefs wich many wars have been historicly.

People embrace every new technology science puts forward and every fact that comes to life of the world we live in, as christians would turn their heads on solid proof dug from the ground in forms of fossils and dinosaur bones carbon dated to millions of years ago cuz it doesnt correspond with their cults book.

Scociety grows faster than ever now that all countries held back by religions finally allows women to vote etc. the world becomes a generally better place to live.

Just fucking accept it, religion is an outdated form of controll and it worked a charm but its time to bring people into the light and make them base their choices of what they know is right and not what they been told is right or else they will burn for eternety cuz thats just a lie made up and you know it cuz where the fuck is the proof. You kill some1 u ruin your life, i think thats enough threat.

wow sounds soooooo much better than the current world

You cannot be a moral person without fear of some sort of higher being. I don't care if you're Christian, Jewish, Muslim, or something else, as long as you have faith, you can be moral

They always seem to gain power and immidately kill everyone else who disagrees. Literal rage filled virgins of beliefs.

>You cannot be a moral person without fear of some sort of higher being.
Yeah everyone knows atheists run around raping and pillaging because they don't believe in God.

so then morals dont exist is what u say. So all atheists are potential murderers then as soon as some1 confronts them? All humans arent fucking cunts on the inside. jail isnt a higher power btw its a concequense scociety takes on your actions. You can move to a place without laws if you want to murder people wich is basicly what isis is doing.

Ever heard of Hitler or Stalin? Both atheists, both mass murderers because they lacked fear of a higher power

>Ever heard of Hitler or Stalin?
Can't say I have, mind giving me the rundown?

Ever heard of Pol Pot or Mao Zedong?

Nope, I dropped out in 3rd grade because ypipo kept bullying me for not understanding math so I'm not good with the histories.

wtf man, you cant be this brainwashed in 2017. They comitted mass murder in the name of their politics and agendas not because they lacked some sort of fucking fear. Hitler feard the jews would take over the world. Stalin feared his political enemies would bring his communist scociety down. They happened to be atheists cuz they thought religion brought scociety backwards and that they got right.

so you're saying we should fear atheists? Maybe atheists are the higher power we should fear

Some but not all, same goes for every other group out there.

He's hinting at the toxic idea of moral relativism which is fueled, to the most part, by atheism.

Personally, I think that everyone worships something. Be it God, money, power, or even their own ego. To assume that atheists are somehow not as guilty for the world's wars and problems as followers of any religion is grossly incorrect. Just as incorrect as assuming that atheists are somehow entirely responsible for the world's problems.

i think they run the gamut as much as anyone else.

i find it ironic when they get all preachy, though.

Moral is relative though. I don't mean that in an edgy "I can do what I want because it's all relative xddd", but if you look at different religions you can see that things that are perfectly acceptable in one are morally apprehensive in another. That applies to cultures and schools of thought as well. In a utilitarian moral view lying to save a life is moral, while in a deontological moral view lying to save a life is immoral.

Moral is a social construct, not to mean that it is irrelevant, but that it shouldn't be seen as a static set of rules that we must discover, but an aggregate of ideas that we must agree on as a society.

Its communist thinking that this kind of crap boils down from. Oppressor, oppressed. Boil everyone down into grps, preferably 2, and then place all the worlds ills at the feet of one of them.

People like to pretend everything that happens stems from 1 thing, that there is some kind of underlying evil that's responsible for everything, but every single facet of every single issue has it's root, and it's very very often not the result of ill will, and not related to many other things.
War isn't just something that happens, they are fought for a reason. and 2 different wars, probably don;t have the same reason.
People starving in africa has it's reason, and people starving in N. Korea has it's.
Trying to squeeze everything that happens into good or bad, is fucking childish and a path to destruction.

>They happened to be atheists
That's not true. Christians would not have shared their goals. Both were trying to create secular utopias so they could cope in a world without God. Neither saw murder as inherently wrong if it was done for the greater good. At some point you will have to face up to the fact that all the worst leaders of the 20th century have been atheists.

Actually it's not forcing a woman to marry her rapist, it's forcing the rapist to take on the baggage of having to support the dead weight that is the woman.
Remember, olden times. Women are fragile, weak, whiny babies. In a world where you work 20 hrs a day or starve, women are a huge pain in the ass.
so yeh, it's a pretty harsh punishment for that guy.

The laws in the country should decide what the majority think is moral and not, not religion. So different places can have different morals and thats fine the world is a big place with lots of different cultures where marriage looks different etc. What i mean is that morals should come from YOU and not some fictional (yes the bible is fictional in the sense its just as easy to prove as harry potter) book you read. In saudi-Arabia women couldnt drive untill recently because their laws are based on religion, Thats a terrible moral that women are worth less. and it comes from religion.

He also has to pay 20 shekels of silver.
And yeah women who aren't virgins lose their value so it's actually intended to help the woman.

Marriage in its entirety was created to save women from lives of pure misery and inevitable starvation. Women have to be under the care of men, or they will literally jus starve to death or be eaten by predators. Marriage was created so women could live past 17-20, you know, when they are no longer fertile and attractive, and all their teeth have fallen out, and their bodies are fucking wrecked from having 3-5 children.

Your logic is basicly theese people were athesists and they murdered people, therefore atheists are pro-murder. I'll asume u read about all the holy wars around the world? religion doesnt stop people from killing each other, people bend rules if given them. its bette to be a moral person in the core and not be raised to believe we'äre all monster inside without gods wrath.

so you're saying the Bible is only relevant to olden times?

oh yeah all women are fragile messes and their teeth fall out after their 20s, comon man. the only thing seperating you from a woman in 2017 is the cock between your legs. Unless u live in the shit hole that is the middle-east where its still medieval politics.

>The laws in the country should decide what the majority think is moral and not, not religion.
While laws more often than not do not reflect on the moral stance of a society, I agree that that is indeed the optimal scenario.

>What i mean is that morals should come from YOU and not some fictional (yes the bible is fictional in the sense its just as easy to prove as harry potter) book you read.

That is contradictory to your previous statement, if the bible is fictional (which I agree it is) then someone wrote it believing that that should be the moral stance in their society. The problem with the bible isn't that it implies a higher being, but that it's moral code is unsuitable for modern society.

>In saudi-Arabia women couldnt drive untill recently because their laws are based on religion, Thats a terrible moral that women are worth less. and it comes from religion.

Again, those rules might have worked well for them in less evolved times, but they no longer are acceptable and should be changed. A moral philosophy that can't adapt is inherently flawed.

>the only thing seperating you from a woman in 2017 is the cock between your legs.
What a fucking idiot. Almost all men are stronger than almost all women just by default. They also *gain muscle* much easier than women, so the differences would have been huge in old times.
Not to mention women giving birth all year and breastfeeding.
Delete your account

There is a huge mistake constantly being made.
Most of those claiming to be atheist are actually two other things;
1.people trying too hard to be unique and edgy.
2.ANTI-theists, who claim to be "atheist" when their actual position is AGAINST gods and religions.
An actual atheist has no claim in any of these arguments, fights, and attack lifestyles because there is no god. The atheist has other things to do than spending time in unethical religious organizations and violent encounters with people whose intent is to have violent encounters.
An atheist knows "faith" is not a debate or valid argument, and will not get involved in childish subjects about invisible imaginary sky fathers.

>in 2017
Okay. But we weren't talking about that. We were talking about the *creation* of marriage.
Still many differerences, even if strength is less important

>Your logic is basicly theese people were athesists and they murdered people, therefore atheists are pro-murder.
Did a child reason this?

>I'll asume u read about all the holy wars around the world?
War is now the same as industrial-scale genocide?

There's some biological and social shit delineating men and women today also

>An atheist knows "faith" is not a debate or valid argument
It's not intended to be.

> will not get involved in childish subjects about invisible imaginary sky fathers.
You have so many important things to do, but you couldn't resist entering this thread to childishly mock religion.
I hope this is b8

>There's some biological and social shit delineating men and women today also
It's 2017, if you think that you're a racist and a bigot. FACTS don't matter.

no, they are soo smart, god does not exist because you can't see him! hahahahahahaha!

I meant in scociety ofc. A woman has no more restricions than men in modern scocieties when it comes to making a living for themselves or making a career or being a single parent etc. The psycall differenses are not relevant anymore. If u think you can treat women differently cuz theyre generally weaker ur gna have a bad time.

the holy wars of olden times would have been industrial genocides if they had the technology theres no doubt in that.

>oh yeah all women are fragile messes
Uh... yah. They are. Thats why when my fidge breaks, I pop it open and have it running in an hour or two, compared women that spend the whole day crying on the phone about it and call a man to fix it for them. Men get shit done, women cry until men get shit done. I haven't met alot of female carpenters or garbage men, wonder why.

>their teeth fall out after their 20s
A few hunderd years ago, yes, they absolutley would.

If you think women are in any way shape or form cmparibale to men physically or emotionally, you're a brainwashed betaX10

Hitler was Christian that's why he hated jews, Christians hate Jews it's a common thread

its still debated what he was, but people who knew his stated he despiced religion.

how can anyone be mentally healthy in this society?
we live in a man made fantasy construct of greed, infinite growth economics, unlimited resources and a planet that can take all the abuse we throw at it.
i guess you could say "mentally adjusted" to overlook the detrimental and impossible to sustain aspects of this reality.
but i would say whether you believe in any god or not has less to do with being very well mentally adjusted.

Religion started as a tool to explain unknown phenomena and evolved into a convenient tool to pacify and control masses. I dunno how you guys haven't realized this from the sheer amount of invented deities and numerous historic events.

I just got to a point where I didn't feel like I could say I was a believer without lying to myself. Sorry.

No. They are some of the dumbest cunts on the planet and the sooner they realize that, the better.

Its better to not believe and be ignorant than believe and be right.

Agree totally. I think religin only survives because its passed down in the family, not because people are stupid enough to fall for it. Just as atheists were taught to only believe in facts and what they can proove.

Thank you!

QUOTES FROM OLD ADOLF HIMSELF:
>"Christianity is the prototype of Bolshevism: the mobillization by the Jew of the masses of slaves with the object of undermining society"
>"Science cannot lie, for it's always striving, according to the momentary state of knowledge, to deduce what is true. When it makes a mistake, it does so in good faith. It's Christianity that's the liar"
>"We must seize the evil in Germany by the root and tear it out, to make way for true socialism, for the new faith, for the new religion. "
If Hitler were doing God's work, why would he need to make up a "new religion"?
>"You see, it's been our misfortune to have the wrong religion. Why didn't we have the religion of the Japanese, who regard sacrifice for the Fatherland as the highest good? The Mohammedan religion too would have been more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness? "
>"In the long run, National Socialism and religion will no longer be able to exist together."
>"By virtue of an inherent law, these riches belong to him who conquers them. The great migrations set out from the East. With us begins the ebb, from West to East. That's in accordance with the laws of nature. By means of struggle, the élites are continually renewed. The law of selection justifies this incessant struggle, by allowing the survival of the fittest. Christianity is a rebellion against natural law, a protest against nature. Taken to its logical extreme, Christianity would mean the systematic cultivation of the human failure."

whatever man, Hitler was a white supremacist
Jews were the only nonwhites around
what do you say to that?

But atheists can't prove shit other than how narrow minded they are

this tbh

supernatural jewish zombie...let's be open minded

>dumbest cunts on the planet

people can think whatever they want, its a waste of time trying to talk to atheists about religion or christians about the theory of evolution,

actually almost ALL christians believe in evolution. Trump and his small minded wannabe christians don't

That was just a story in a book, cuntbag. So that awkward moment when your dumb fuck ass thinks the Bible should be taken literally is the reason you think you are one. Fucking sad. Go find Jesus. Seems like you need it.

where's your source shill?