What's the United States' Navy like?

What's the United States' Navy like?

aquatic

like this

Like ramming a million dollar ship into a Chinese cargo ship. And taking the most damage.

All the hot rock hard man on man action you could ever want. IN THE ASS.

Zero fucks given.

Occasional drowning

safe and a good option to pay for schooling but you'll never get any respect.

Spent eight years in the Navy. I'd do it all over again.

There were some hard times but I don't regret a thing. AMA

You can help your fellow man.

wuz in many years ago. what it was like depended a lot on what you did and where you were. wuz electronics guy, so repaired radar systems and such...deployed for one sea cruise aboard an aircraft carrier, now decommissioned and serving as a tourist attraction. Remember periods of intense boredom and fuckedness punctuated by periods of great excitement and weirdness. foreign ports all fun as fuck. being on deck at one in the morning on acid running from a typhoon revelatory. wuz glad to get out, because the hierarchical nature of the military rubbed me the wrong way.....

Plenty of gay sex, without being gay.

Why did you decide to leave after 8 yrs?

Please explain of what you mean by "Hierachical nature."

Shit food, decent pay. Foreign pussy if your attractive enough. It was a fun 4 years.

>being on deck at one in the morning on acid
How does one trip balls while being in the navy, army, etc..?

NEC?

Gay And A Half

In the Navy, you can sail the Seven Seas

When I first joined I was gung-ho and wanted to do 20 and retire. Things change however.

My son was born while I was on deployment and my priorities changed. I didn't meet him until he was six months old. He changed my life.

After he was born I just wanted to be a dad. So I finished my enlistment contract and now I'm using my GI Bill for a master's degree.

Joining the military is a very personal decision. Leaving the military is also a personal decision. It was just time for me to go. I couldn't stand the thought of being away from my son.

political, like anything else

One thing is for sure is if you're about this
lifestyle, it builds character and changes you in many ways.

Did 3 years and got kicked out for smoking one joint at a Christmas party, OTH discharge.
>Most of your money will be spent on uniforms
>Most of your money will be spent on uniforms
>Boot camp now is a joke, my division had to run BS twice
>Old BS then the new BS
>Military bearing becomes nigh meaningless after boot camp
>Only need that shit for musters and inspections
>Shine your fucking boots faggot and don't cheat
>Speaking out may reward you with ricky ninjas at 2am in boot camp
>Workout once a week
>Score high on your ASVAB choosing what kind of life you'll have is worth it
>Being UNDEZ is shit
>Unless otherwise specified YOU ARE A BOATS
>Don't salute Chief
>Don't chop Chief in the throat shipmate
Also, you float easier in salt water than in fresh water. You're welcome.

This guy got kicked out. Don't listen to this dirtbag.

Find people in the city who deal drugs, they'll likely find you first. I smoked weed and ate ecstacy, shrooms like mad.

It's like YOU KNEW WHAT YOU WERE SIGNING UP FOR

Who are you? Right nobody.

How do they not find out and reprimand you? That was my question

Chinese crashed into the yanks retard, albeit they had the right of way.

us navy vs Hurricane

hurricane win every time

What exactly was it like? Mostly working around a ship?

Random drug tests don't happen often after so long but still happen, I always just cleaned my system every week out of habit.

I was on submarines and did shit that you could only read about in a Tom Clancy novel. No bullshit.

Yeah but i'm pretty sure that somebody must have noticed you were high or tripping at some point?

I could never learn how to swim. My body is just too fucking lightweight and I can't depend on any fat or muscle to keep me afloat. Would I survive the Navy?

fast attack ssgn or boomer?

Fast attack.

I wasn't a boomerfag.

How the fuck would you guys take a shit?

>actually it is more like the shower room scene from that same movie

Woah there Rambo, calm your dick

>What's the United States' Navy like?
It is like a big bullfrog that has painted itself blue and gray and hides in the forest with a hedgehog for a companion

Of course but they were druggies too so no fucks given. Wanna know a fun fact? The Navy actually considered a ban on alcohol after an incident in Vegas over some officers lmao

It’s honestly fucking awesome, boot camp sucked, but I’m currently at A school, and shits sweet af. Get paid to eat learn and lift and chill

You'll be fine. Jumping 30 ft into the water may be a bit daunting though.

Funny you should ask.

The surface fleet uses vacuum toilets like you see on an airplane. Submarines are supposed to be quiet so it's too loud to have on board.

We have toilets that have nothing but a ball-valve and a lever that you pull that literally PLOPS the shit into the shit tank. Every now and then you'd have a turd that straddled the hole and won't go down.

When this happens you literally have to keep pulling the lever over and over again and watch as the ball-valve chops it up. It's disgusting.

We call it "taking a chopper". Pic related. You can see the lever on the right.

>My son was born while I was away on 12 month westpac deployment and he looks slightly negro'ish

ftfy squid

Rate?

Well, for one thing, it's Uge.

>What's the United States' Navy like?
They like each other.

Fuck off Ray!

Well, there's a lot of boats.

It's like smelly feet and a dozen or so burnt maxi pads.

Ye a h, it's like that.

Or maybe a little Debbie caek.

Can't decide.

If you've got any kind of brains go for nuclear training. You'll be set for life. Walk straight of the boat and in to Westinghouse - there are loads of ex navy techs and engineers there.

If shit ever went south the last place i would want to be is trapped in a giant slow moving target

I had the option to take the nuke test, turned it down for IS. Scored a 98.

>slow

I bet them faggots shat bricks when they were hit. Probably shat more than the Port Royal when she beached herself in Hawaii lmao.

Correct

imagine the 100 most annoying meat head "do you even lift, bro?" retards you have ever met
are in the same building that with you
and none of you can leave that building
and the building has a max occupancy of 75
and the building is constantly swaying side to side
and all the meat heads have legal authority to micromanage every aspect of your life

that is the navy

We're all nobody in the Navy. You're a nobody that got kicked out for doing something you knew would get you in trouble, so you're nobody AND stupid (because no more GI Bill).

And they all like anal. With you.

like other Navies. Just better, in spite of Obammy.

>claims it's awesome
>still in A school
Ohh, sweet summer child. Wait until your first workups, LOA, compressed training cycle, and INSURV all rolled into one, leading straight into a deployment with no liberty ports. Holy balls, was I this naive?

Will they let me off with just a good ol cock suckin or do i have to let them blow out my bootyhole?

do you meet marines, soldiers, or airmen? what they like?

That boat just got hit by a heaping helping of freedom

A waste of money

Just waiting on the reclass of my discharge. With the changing times, it's likely I may get it changed. I was drunk and unable to make informed decisions, not making excuses just fyi.

>nigga don't know about some GQ on a ship
INSURV is lame as hell though.

>tfw everyone in my family was Navy and they told me to join the AF instead
>so i did

Life sucks less in some parts and more in others

Sailors are great to drink with

I was in the Navy 12 years, you dig enough you know who I am. Removed in 2014 because of issues I cannot publicly disclose or agree or deny.

The Navy was fantastic, the politics stretch now so far from volunteers to accountability to protect the highest paid and voted politicians.

Members of the armed service make mistakes, but those mistakes, as in my case was due to under funding, something I had to live with.

Why was I dishonorably discharged because the navy couldn't afford to maintain 'riverine' assets.

Disgraceful, the POTUS should take accountability for everything, perhaps then they will make correct decisions.

foggin shit

It's not gay if your underway.
Fucking landlovers

am AF. scored 90 on asvab. got conned into being a maintainer. little less than 2 years left, then fuck this place lol

How physically fit do you need to be to join?

not as fit as youd think. under 30 years old, run like a 13 mile 1.5 mile run. 40ish pushups in one mins. 40ish situps in one min. 36ish inch waist. plus in basic you workout so much youll get there if you arent already
itll just suck if youre out of shape when u go

13 min***

Yeah, I'm scrawny as fuck and a recruiter is getting back to me soon.

welp good luck. for the love of god dont become an aircraft maintainer or security forces.

Why not aircraft maintainer? Seems like that’d a be a cool thing to learn to do. Although I suspect you’re usually stuck below deck?

my bad. assumed we were still talking air force. we work the longest hours, get shafted the most by leadership, have the worst manning rates, do the shittiest grunt work, and get little thanks or morale in return lol.

"tailhook"

You'd be lucky to get a fishing boat for a million dollars. Try hundreds of millions.

Chain of command. You'll never be at the top. Nonrates answer to NCOs, NCOs answer to chiefs and officers, Junior officers answer to senior officers etc.

Typically when you fuck up, you have to hear shit from 5 or 6 people. And you'll never be in a position where this changes

you realize that it's their responsibility to make sure that you're aware of your mistake, so that you won't make it again, right? If they just let you slide, then you have no incentive to do the job correctly.

Not navy, but coast guard. There were a few times where I reported for duty while still tripping on acid. It's pretty easy during the weekends since everyone else is hungover anyway.

Don't mind him, people do dumb shit in the military. You just happened to get caught. In my 6 years I knew of 2 people who got arrested for punching cops (one was an ensign, the day after he graduated from the academy) I knew a shit load of people who got busted for coke. One guy on our sister ship got busted with half a pound of coke in his locker. He was gonna sell it in the states

We got tested like once a year. I was in Brazil one time and caught our corpsman doing coke off a bar. He told me they were out of drug test kits and wouldn't be getting more until we returned to home port. I scored some bud and smoked a fat ass joint on the beach. Shit was dope

Whatever you do, don't join the boomer fleet unless you just want to know what it's like to want to kill yourself and everyone around you every day

Boring, I was a snipe (mechanic) we didn't really work unless something broke. So we spent most of our time looking busy, or hiding. It wasn't uncommon for me to climb under the engine and take a nap in the bilge

Everybody is. The only time I actually enjoyed being in was when I was a nonrate. Everything changed after A school

Seawolfs and Virginias have normal shitters.

I did 11 years straight out of high school and got out to see what a normal job was like. I'm planning on going back in.

Okay, that's not the point. I was explaining the hierarchy and why some people don't like it

AO

AO lol. I did some work at that school house on Coronado. That filipina AO1 still there?

Ramos? Some shawty

I feel bad for you bro. Them school house are shit.