I just landed in the US for the first time and this is what I saw entering a public restroom...

I just landed in the US for the first time and this is what I saw entering a public restroom. What's up with the U shaped toilet seat?

Other urls found in this thread:

slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/04/23/toilet_seats_u_shaped_in_public_o_shaped_at_home_why_photo.html
youtube.com/watch?v=N__0K2H1NRo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

public toilet seats are filthy, and no one wants to touch them. because of that, no one wants to lift the seat, but will still attempt to pee standing up anyway.

when you finish peeing the stream dies down and gets closer to you, whixch would splash that part of the toilet seat specifically. so they removed it so that when people DO need to take a dump and sit on it they dont have to sit in or clean up someone elses piss.

holy shit.. i lived in the US for 35 days and couldn't figure it out.

Fat people need to wipe from the front because they are to big to reach around the back. The gap is there so the hand fits.

I'm 27 years old and I never knew that. mind blown

LERN

slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/04/23/toilet_seats_u_shaped_in_public_o_shaped_at_home_why_photo.html

i honestly only figured it out like a week ago, its actually really good timing that this was asked now cuz for the last 25 years i never questioned it.

as soon as i did the answer seemed obvious though

yeah that actually makes a lot of sense. pretty ingenious really. anyway thanks user

because we like to wipe our cocks directly on the bowl while we shit.

Fake news! It's because manufacturers save money on material.

it's code in commercial buildings, also toilet handles are on the left because your right hand is your "shit hand" used for wiping so you don't touch the handle with your shit hand

>no one wants to lift the seat, but will still attempt to pee standing up anyway.

So why do women's rest room toilets have them?

For our giant American balls

Joke's on them! I'm left-handed.

have the gap? or have a lack of gap? ive never been in one so i dont know.

because they're not going to make 2 different kinds of seats. are you retarded? also tits or gtfo

Class, this is what an A+ looks like

I invented it, I saw a sign that said if you cant aim sit down.

I remove a part of the seat so i can sit down and piss on the floor.

PS. Who 'lives' in the US for 35 days, you were just visiting you mexican hobo.

because women have cocks too, faggot

Designed to allow women to wipe the perineal area after using the water closet without contacting a seat that might be unhygienic. The U-shaped seat in public restrooms is a requirement of IAPMO's Uniform Plumbing Code.

If you're mass producing these things, and they don't make a difference for people who sit when peeing, why have two seperate models manufactured? Might as well use the same machines in the factory to mass produce only U-shaped toilet seats. No need to have a new set of machines for producing gapless seats.

What's up with the bathroom niggers I sometimes find in public restrooms? Why the fuck are they there? I hate them.

>when you finish peeing the stream dies down and gets closer to you,

Stop standing 3 feet away from the toilet, moron. Or is your dick literally this short?

Its so the lid dosent get warped when you fat asses squirm on it taking your shit

We try not to show racism up front, so we put them there for a white man to get toilet paper as in reference to picking cotton. They (bathroom niggers) just think it's a corporate American non discriminatory opportunity.

stick it down your throat and we'll see how far it goes. I was explaining how the masses work, not patrician pissers like your self who straddle the toilet to piss in to it.

They wipe your ass if you tip them

My routine for public toilets:
1) Always cover the seat either with a seat cover, or, if not available, a layer of toilet paper.
2) Cover the gap an extra 2-3 times
3) When finished, flush toilet with foot
4) After washing hands, use extra towel (or toilet paper) to turn off tap and open the bathroom door on the way out

They are perverts that like to listen to men shit.

>the masses
Oh, you mean filthy losers who never took the time to learn how their dick works?

I really hope you're joking.

Some people don't have mothers to teach them how to piss, that's why you see please wash your hand signs everywhere. I never do because well I don't piss on myself.

it's an acoustic thing, to maximize the loudness of every fart and splash you make in a public restroom to embarrass yourself to anyone around.

Everyone who thinks this is the truth is so fucking stupid its sad

saged

>Oh, you mean filthy losers who never took the time to learn how their dick works?

yes? someone asked why toilets exist this way, I explained why, but you're blaming me for it like a 12 year old.

how do you have to learn how to piss? isn't it automatic?

this is why i always cover toilet seats with 2 layers of toilet paper before i sit down

I literally refuse to believe people go home and spray piss all over their own toilet seats. If you have stream control in your own home, why not in a public facility?

Actually the Irish invented it. They were tired of having the fucking thing smash the back of their heads while they were puking their guts out after a bender.

In life you will learn that common sense is not always common.

I always flush public turlets with mah foot

I'm 23 and I've lived in the US my entire life and you just blew my mind

pretty standard for germophobes
Although it's not like it actually does anything

Has to be learnt. If you don't you'll balloon up.

>yfw you save a bit of piss for the paper roll in public bathrooms so everyone else has you touch your piss or not wipe

cause Americans have big dicks, and if you sit down on a seat that goes around the whole thing, our dicks would be pushed up against it, and thats just gross

youtube.com/watch?v=N__0K2H1NRo

Simple concept, it's not theirs. I do believe that most do piss on their seats, shit most people I know don't even realize that the toilet seat can lift up. Next time you go somewhere like a friends house pay close attention to the seat, I am willing to bet you see outlines of piss.(most don't show up as yellow so don't look for a piss stain like you would on a bed.)

whats wrong with that? Im not the guy that said that, and Im not a germophobe, but I do #1,3, and 4 (just for the sink handle, unless its a really gross bathroom, then I use a towel for the door too), just cause public bathrooms are gross

Learned something new on Sup Forums... WTF.

It's for our massive American dicks.

I also carry hand sanitizer for when I can't get out of shaking hands. I'm with Howie Mandel on this one, and one of the very few things I agree with Trump. People are disgusting.

fyi. Trump once called shaking hands "one of the curses of American society".

I often stand around in restrooms in a suit just to make people uncomfortable. The funniest part is they pay me money for it, cause they think it's my job. I recommend it.

I wanted to have more faith in humanity, user. You're making me sad.

How do you know so much about the bathroom habits of plebs?

These are this way because of old code rules becoming the norm and no one actively changing against it. Its supposed to be more easy to wipe or some thing.

no clue, but one of those guys fucked me in a stall once when I was too nervous to use the urinal.

1) A healthy awareness of one's own body is generally adequate to plan a daily BM at home.

2) Anyone over the age of 4 should be able to control their bowels, mitigating the need to SIT in a public facility 90% of the time.

3) If you are travelling or otherwise MUST use a public facility, do you not have the foresight to at least select a reasonably clean public facility?

The bathroom steward. A relic from the days before AC, when a trip to the bathroom was also a chance to freshen up. They supply colognes, wash cloths and towels, etc. Bathrooms were much larger then.

I guess they still serve the same purpose in very upscale establishments, but really it is a bit over the top these days.

It's part of Pence's new gaydar system, only faggots cannot see the whole seat.

it's so my massive dick can hang over that part when i sit down

none of those are good reasons. that was the dumbest thing I've ever read.

1) I can be aware of my own body but that doesn't mean that every person on the planet earth is, that's why down's syndrome kids shit themselves

2) knowing down's syndrome people have little control over bodily functions, and that Irritable Bowel Syndrome exists, you can't expect everyone on earth to make it to the toilet in time no matter where you live, so sometimes you will see a messy public bathroom

3)you don't always get to choose where you shit. sometimes you gotta shit in an unclean place, or risk shitting your pants. are you saying that he should shit in the trashcan instead of the toilet due to the unsanitary condition, and make the bathroom even MORE unsanitary?

sometimes you gotta clean up after someone else before you can shit, chill the fuck out.

its for weirdos who wipe what sitting down

>weirdos

what is a woman?

I'll take "more retarded shit user says" for 500.

Women are just really weird men, from a certain point of view

>down's syndrome people

>the masses

I think I get it now. Public toilets are for retards.

i hate niggers whether they're in a bathroom or not

what the hell? the turds are supposed to be in the toilets.

I dunno how to spell it properly, assumed it was named after some guy named Downy McDown.

What is existentialism?

I'll take the 600 dollar question now, please.

It's so your 1/8" wiener doesn't hit anything.

>very upscale establishments
you mean strip clubs

fucking checked

Don't know if it's been said didn't read, I use it for putting the seat up while I'm actively peeing with my foot