Did Sup Forums skate growing up?

Did Sup Forums skate growing up?
I'm 18 and I still skate?
When did you skate and when did you stop?
What was your best trick?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oJg2_dUHd84?t=19
youtube.com/watch?v=U5kG92-T8Mk
youtube.com/watch?v=5serm0DTx_4
youtube.com/watch?v=5RkC0YyyuBs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i can ollie

i started at around 11 and did it for 2-3 years
best trick was an ollie, sadly
ive been thinking about starting again, im 17

best thing I was able to do was primo to casper

Nibba you need to head to a skatepark asap
Learn how to pop shove it and kickflip

It took me 2 years to ollie perfectly

kek

i tried a week ago and got comfortable again and almost landed a pop shove it but i pulled my groin so i took a break
after that my friend stopped responded so havent tried again

Lazer flip

I hope you recover

What made you stop skating?

how long did it take you to learn it?

everyone i knew stopped doing it, and it wasn't worth doing by myself

From about 11 till 14 best trick touching girls no no

that's interesting

what made you start again and what do you plan to learn?

skating didn't get me any pussy wtf

kept watching videos on youtube and got hyped about it again. i want to at least learn the basics so i dont regret not getting anything down in the future

That's the only reason I went I never even tried to learn any tricks

Do you watch Chris Chann or braille skate team?
they're pretty cool

fampai teach me your ways

Underage ban

dark slide

that shit is pretty fun but gay
How long could you darkslide?

i usually watch whats in my recommended, but ive watched both in the past
shh

What is your board and parts from?
Are you a street skate person or skatepark person?

never a hand rail
boxes and shit

Never talk about your feelings to a girl on ask questions about them.

Pretend you're interested
Make it clear from the start you want to fuck them or you get stuck in the frend zone
I married the first girl who wouldn't have sex with me on the first date.
Using these rules it took until I was 35!

can you still darkslide?

right now it's a 8.0 creature deck, grizzly grip, indie trucks, bones 53mm, and really fucked up shake junt triple og bearings.
i skate street, the closest skatepark that isnt total trash is 30 minutes away and the next is an hour and a half

shiet thanks user

How do you ride 8.0?
I rode 8.125 when I was 13

fuck if I know, havent skated in years

well the deck is from when i was 13 so, but if i got a new one itd still be an 8.1 or so, it isnt really that bad. i dont know about you but my feet are size 10 1/2

Is that you in the vid?
I've been skating for 6 years and I still can't darkslide
How long did it take you and how did you learn?

Sometimes I would trust people that wanted me dead and end up under a car. Shit was cash.

What is with millenials ending statements with question marks?

hey skate fags i keep landing shifted when i ollie, any tips pls?

fuck no, I wish
that's Rodney Mullen
dude is a skating prodigy
he literally invented the kickflip
youtu.be/oJg2_dUHd84?t=19

you're naturally wanting to turn your body to look forward, you gotta get used to keeping your chest turned to the side

use proper foot placement and pop properly

shit I didn't notice since the face was cut off

thanks

i skated nonstop from when i was about 5 years old until i was 16 or so

i was never that good but skating was my life for that time and helped me get through a lot of hard times

sad i gave it up. i still skate a couple times a year when i find my setup in my closet and have the time, but, just not hte same

Why did you quit?
What is your setup

im from southern california so thats what got me into the scene in the late 90s. being able to skate the parks all the pros were constantly at or where big contests were held, etc.

then when i was an early teen i moved to the middle of fucking nowhere in the midwest and there was no skate scene whatsoever. i spent 3 years trying to get a park in my town, and eventually it happened but it was pretty shit, metal build and tiny and soforth. then all the fucking degenerate drug addict smoker kids always would hang out there and i just didnt want to be around them so i gave up entirely.

hypocritcal since i have been smoking, weed and cigarettes, and basically an alcoholic for the past 6 years now but at the time i just wanted to be around people that loved skating and not the fucking image.

half flip board slide
have to cut grip tape off edges of the board so it slides
just takes practice

every time I try my foot hurts
what do?

sad to hear that
I also live in california but most people at skateparks are children,scooterkids, and posers
I wish the skate scene was better

yeah later on i realized OC vans and other parks throughout the county weren't that great, and most skatespots in the la area are dead now

shits despressing

and whenever id visit socal again and go to a park there was always some asian 5yo girl that was way fucking better than me so i knew id never make a career out of it

yeah I did. from 14 to 16. I don't skate anymore.

those 2 years weren't 2 full years per se, my friend who got me into skateboarding lived in another city, so it was almost always every 2 months when I would skate. I had a friend who lives in the same city I live in, but he was a bmx rider at the time and he had bmx friends so it was always weird me hanging out with them., so eventually I stopped, just like my few skating friends.

Kickflip was my best trick. and once I ollied over 3 skateboards that were put on top of the other, that was a great fucking feeling. Especially since I was the newest one in my group of skating friends, and none of them could do it.

I usually go to my local skateparks and streetspots but occsionally skatelab

What is your expirience with scooter kids?

get better shoes
stop being pussy
how many stairs you do?

I can ollie 7 stairs max

7+ stairs I chicken since I don't want to get seriously injured

thats nice
What were your bmx friends like? I've never been
around bmx riders

haha fucking terrible man

heres some OC to show my experience with scooter kids (vid made after not skating for 4 years)

youtube.com/watch?v=U5kG92-T8Mk

>seriously injured
Yea, no one does.
I remember watching my friend break his arm on a five stair

Used to live in a neighborhood that had a roller hockey rink.
Was a three stair then a five stair platform plus the sidewalk and rink curb.
So whats that, nine stair?
Dudes showed up one night and removed the guard rail.
Homie wanted to make that gap.
So imagine nine star height plus five foot gap onto solid concrete.
Dude went for it over and over, just breaking his fucking arm and shoulder every time he bailed.
Rough shit to watch.
I don't remember if he finally landed it or not.

I actually had only one bmx friend, and he was friends with the other bmx guys.

Me being with my bmx friend ( who was also my best friend at the time) was awesome. We would go to empty parking stops in the very beginning and woud ride for hours, trying our best.

As for the other bmx guys.. I don't know man, you can't really put every bmx rider in the same category, they're not all the same at all of course. But, they've been at it for a while, so they had a larger, much more closed community.

But my friend wanted to make progress, which I understood, so he wanted to be friends with them, but he also didn't want to just leave me by myself, knowing that noone else was skating, so he insisted on my riding with them.

parking lots*

kek

damn thats cool
That dedication deserves to be featured on thrasher

Wear I lived, the bmx riders and skaters had a sort of rivalry and hated each other

yeah I heard about this being a thing, but it's just retarded in my opinion, and luckly we didn't have that.

youtube.com/watch?v=5serm0DTx_4
this guy died of hand cancer
older brother's buddy
years before my time

the scooter kid twerking in front of the camera and standing there makes me wish it wasnt too late for an abortion

this reminds me of the Palace vhs edits
youtube.com/watch?v=5RkC0YyyuBs

yeah i was pissed that it was empty besides them. this was just a trip back to the tiny town i lived in for a long time, was during the school year and yet those fucks were still there

now that everyone's linking videos, what's everyone's opinion on people filming with the vx in 2017?

It's only good if done right

On the internet no one knows that you're Rodney Mullen