Wow yeah they were totally the first people to do that

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q2PYyvGFHD8
youtube.com/watch?v=9pt7EWFF_T8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They were, because NPR printed it.
Facts are a matter of opinion.

>rehash brian eno with dancy krautrock grooves

wow, so this is the power of "music journalism", huh...

David Foster Wallace is one of my favorite authors but I wish musicians would stop reading him. His 'new sincerity' idea is responsible for some of the cringiest music in history.

It's never about being first, it is about being the most visible.

*blocks your path*

Hold up

never heard of em

When did they say they were the first to do that?

Journalists, especially music journalists, are known for being the worst kinds of ignorant sophists who write the most uninformed opinions possible.

>Wow Jay-Z truly "surfs on the waves of the emerging inner city cultural zeitgeist, weaving threads of black disenfranchisement and a downright-hip rockin good time!"
>Omg see, these teachers use hippity-hoppin music to teach black kids who hate school about long division! Uh, red drop, drop top, dividing all the bitches like a hop scoth DAB, amirite?

L C D Sound System The Most Important Dance Musicians Ever To Exist. I Have Never Been To A Club Night Or Taken M D M A. They Have The Best Albums.

Literally New Order, Depeche Mode, The Clash, Talking Heads, B-52s, Blondie, ESG, Liquid Liquid, all the other early post-punk/new wave/dance rock bands that had crossover success in NYC nightclubs like the Paradise Garage (including the fucking Rolling Stones and U2) don't real.

Suicide blows all these artists out of the water. New Order is literal top 40 trash

>Suicide blows all these artists out of the water.
Literally Bruce Springsteen-core

Don't bring Sir Brian into this shitfest, LCD Shitsystem shouldn't be mentioned with one of the GOATs.

>one of the GOATs
>spent nearly 30 years of his career working with U2 on a regular basis

>has never listened to Suicide but saw a thread where people talked about how Suicide was covered by Springsteen because he likes them

They rose up in the late 70s alongside and directly influenced by a myriad of post-punk acts, worked with Eno and Martin Hannett, played shows with This Heat, got Einstürzende Neubauten to open for them at the height of their fame, and their guitarist once made a collaborative album with the members of Can and PiL featuring contributions from Arthur Russell.

Oh and they made great albums in the 80s and 90s and disseminated their influence pretty widely. It's cool that Eno worked with them.

Just saying they took obvious influence from him, which should be obvious to anyone who listened to the new LCD album. I don't think they are nearly as good.

Yeah the new album is a clear homage to the stylings of Eno and Bowie with some New Order, U2, and post-disco and electro thrown in there for good measure.

Never listened to this band. How does dfw factor in

Can you even fucking read? The title says that it helped listeners understand, not that it was the first to ever do it well.

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA......whoa.

So, youre saying there can be Electronic rock music?!

Fucking kys, m8s

Even that is a motherfucking lie. There already existed shit like The Prodigy and Industrial Rock that appealed to both rockfags and electronifags

Wow, i never thought there could be electronic rock music.
You're twisting my melon man

By the way, 24 hour party people is a mu core movie

youtube.com/watch?v=q2PYyvGFHD8

Why does this shit look like it was shot with a fucking $20 walmart camcorder

British cinema

Music fans with english degrees = the worst people in the free world.

youtube.com/watch?v=9pt7EWFF_T8